Page 4 experiences so far...

KaizenSoze

7 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Hmm. Thoughts.

- Did a HM ITF. Last room's a little chaotic, but that was in part to that being the group's first run. It was interesting. It's also the first ITF team wipe (earlier) I've seen in a while. Also, I sense that TP-resist IO might become a little more popular...

- Two new symphonic alts. I like the set, but it also is what I'm griping immediately about - I can do without the damage (and notification) on the ST confuse, and why did nobody do an editorial pass on the descriptions? I see they were brought up in the focused feedback thread - at least for some. Have to pay attention to "polish," there. But those are minor gripes.

Im thinking Symph may get a bit of a lookover in regards to descriptions and whatnot at a later time. Could be wrong, hope im not( for the descriptions, to me everything else is fine.)

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

12 minutes ago, Crysis said:

I had it slotted (Gladiator's TP Protection) and it didn't seem to make any difference. 

... hmm. I should run it on my energy aura brute. I used to kind of laugh at people trying to TP Foe me back when PVP was more of a thing on that character... wonder if that's overpowered by it too.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

19 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Anyone remember how the TP protection procs work? Is it resistance? Or magnitude protection? Thanks!

Pretty sure it was a 1 in 10 chances of resisting tp.  Not sure how that works out if you have both of those slotted.  Each one likely checks for the 10% chance to fire.  

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

My suggestion for curbing AFK farming was to add a new AFK timer which doesn't boot you. It just turns off XP and INF. That way, people who AFK in missions due to life aren't affected. 

Good luck adding in a timer. What qualifies for it to turn off and how long would it go before kicking in? Asking because genuine AFKing is a thing.

• Confused 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Normally in a mission you are never flagged as AFK. I'd have it work so if you are idle for say 60-120 you get flagged, XP and INF turns off, until you start moving again. But I'm willing to see how the solution we got works because it's not bad. 

15 minutes is my suggestion.

I solo'ed Sister Valeria's Cimerora Arc on my Fortunata at 4x6.

I don't think I could have handled 4x8 without a lot more deaths than the two I suffered.

Tough fights, had to use confuse a fair bit, LOS pulling, being sneaky, and running like hell two or three times.

Love it! If you're looking for a challenge, try soloing that arc.

3 hours ago, Crysis said:

I had it slotted (Gladiator's TP Protection) and it didn't seem to make any difference. 

Yep. As I said in my earlier post about running my DB Scrapper through Sister Valeria's arc, those PvP Specials apparently won't save you from being yoinked right back into the middle of things. (Kes has both the Shield Wall and Glad Armor and was still getting teleported pretty regularly when I was trying to do a bit of kiting between two of the monsters-)

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

2 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Pretty sure it was a 1 in 10 chances of resisting tp.  Not sure how that works out if you have both of those slotted.  Each one likely checks for the 10% chance to fire.  

In my Combat Attributes, TP protection whipsaws from 100% to 0% seemingly at random.  I've never timed it or anything, just thought it was kind of a funky way of making it an incomplete protection.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

5 minutes ago, roleki said:

In my Combat Attributes, TP protection whipsaws from 100% to 0% seemingly at random.  I've never timed it or anything, just thought it was kind of a funky way of making it an incomplete protection.

It has to be a weird one to monitor that's for sure.  It works on occasion in pvp as it was initially intended for, which was great so that you could laugh at the tper's fail sometimes.  That's where I think I got that 1in10 chances for each.  

Never really cared to figure how that works in pve because who gets tp'd in pve?!  Seems Romulus went to RV for some training that filthy tp'ing ganker!

Edited by Mezmera
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

Normally in a mission you are never flagged as AFK. I'd have it work so if you are idle for say 60-120 you get flagged, XP and INF turns off, until you start moving again. But I'm willing to see how the solution we got works because it's not bad. 

Easily defeated by current "mouse movement emulators" so not likely to work on an 18 year old game.  Heck you don't even need a software hack to do this. Just place your mouse on top of a wristwatch and it will do the job.

But I get where you are coming from.

I'll just reiterate that I think the way the Devs implemented this "Anti-AFK Farmer" coding is fair and equitable.  You can still do it...but it will take more time and require more than just copy+paste into MIDS and buying IO's on the AH.  It requires sacrifices....Spiritual vs Musculature, go PVE world and earn some Accolades, buy some pretty pricey Amplifiers, etc.  It's not brain-dead easy now.  Equitable is always a good dev design choice.  I appreciate what they did, even if I think it was totally unnecessary in a game already getting killed by playerbase attrition.  

Edited by Crysis

4 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

It has to be a weird one to monitor that's for sure.

I don't actually monitor TP protection specifically, but I often leave CA open when I'm fine-tuning a build and have noticed the TP protection winking on and off.  

I'm weird, but not "monitor TP protection" weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

17 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Yep. As I said in my earlier post about running my DB Scrapper through Sister Valeria's arc, those PvP Specials apparently won't save you from being yoinked right back into the middle of things. (Kes has both the Shield Wall and Glad Armor and was still getting teleported pretty regularly when I was trying to do a bit of kiting between two of the monsters-)

I guess my Fortunata has enough AOE defense. None of the MIno teleports landed the entire arc. I do have the Shield Wall piece slotted.

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=romans.minotaur_endgame.shadow_slip&at=boss_elite

Just now, KaizenSoze said:

I guess my Fortunata has enough AOE defense. None of the MIno teleports landed the entire arc. I do have the Shield Wall piece slotted.

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=romans.minotaur_endgame.shadow_slip&at=boss_elite

Could be. Kes was built primarily for absolutely ridiculous recharge with a side order of regeneration. Positional defense wasn't one of my high priorities with her.

I may tinker around and come up with a "Dodge ALL THE THINGS!"-build for her one of these days. It would probably require sacrificing some of her recharge, though, which would mean losing the perma-summon on Cardinal. (That's her Adept. He represents a good chunk of her "extra" damage-)

10 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

I may tinker around and come up with a "Dodge ALL THE THINGS!"-build for her one of these days. It would probably require sacrificing some of her recharge, though, which would mean losing the perma-summon on Cardinal. (That's her Adept. He represents a good chunk of her "extra" damage-)

I am sure some will come on and say they solo'ed the arc in 20 mins at 4x8. 🙂

I found it was a tough enough arc that I broke out the Lore pets in two fights, which never happens. The lore pets were mostly there to distract mobs, but the buffs didn't hurt either. Carnies pets if you're wondering.

3 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I am sure some will come on and say they solo'ed the arc in 20 mins at 4x8. 🙂

I found it was a tough enough arc that I broke out the Lore pets in two fights, which never happens. The lore pets were mostly there to distract mobs, but the buffs didn't hurt either. Carnies pets if you're wondering.

I was glad to have Juno (untouchable Siren-) a couple of times there, so I know what you mean. 😆

7 hours ago, Crysis said:

Easily defeated by current "mouse movement emulators" so not likely to work on an 18 year old game.  Heck you don't even need a software hack to do this. Just place your mouse on top of a wristwatch and it will do the job.

But I get where you are coming from.

I'll just reiterate that I think the way the Devs implemented this "Anti-AFK Farmer" coding is fair and equitable.  You can still do it...but it will take more time and require more than just copy+paste into MIDS and buying IO's on the AH.  It requires sacrifices....Spiritual vs Musculature, go PVE world and earn some Accolades, buy some pretty pricey Amplifiers, etc.  It's not brain-dead easy now.  Equitable is always a good dev design choice.  I appreciate what they did, even if I think it was totally unnecessary in a game already getting killed by playerbase attrition.  

I dont feel screwing up the game for people is worth inconveniencing afk farmers. It annoys you, its not the end of the world. there is enough "you will play the way I want you to play" vibe in this release as it is. Do we really need the game to become superhero wow?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Crysis said:

For some of us AFK farming is actually easier now, I don't have to tab in and move so much. Just saying. 😆

33 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Oh hey what's going on in this thread-

gets hit by "we're being told how to play!" as a giant stop sign.

haha yeah. how dare the owners of a private server on which i am a guest not appease my every wish! outrageous! 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 5

6 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

haha yeah. how dare the owners of a private server on which i am a guest not appease my every wish! outrageous! 

Yes, how dare some people like to do their own things and not run the same content over and over and over. The NERVE. And they get incarnates too? How shameful! They should charge a cover fee, keep out the riffraff. Those grubby, dirt eating AE farmers don't deserve full character progression same as everyone else. HUFF HUFF!

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

I was trying to make a shitpost out of a rather silly claim.

Thankfully, AE farmers aren't stopped from getting Incarnate stuff as vet levels still work in AE & farming is still viable!

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble