HUGE THANK YOU

Dacy

• Retired Community Rep

HUGE thank you shout out goes out to the many generous donors who supported the Halloween Giveaway this year. This giveaway is usually across all servers (Torchbearer did not have representatives who could spend the time to hand out treats this year, but will next year!), but largely funded by Everlasting donors. @BlackHearted is far and away the largest donor, but several other individuals and clubs added solid support as well! Gehenna, Black Friday, Build'it Bill@ScarredSilencer, @Stryk/Da Bobs, and @EnnVee all made large donations, and @EnnVee was also a base host, who largely funded the giveaway at her base on Excelsior. As you can see, the list is longer than just these people; many people contributed to that we could do this amazing giveaway. THANK YOU, you made this possible!!

Also HUGE THANKS to my HAUNTS!! These amazing people gave generously of their time and energy to play various creatures in the Witch's House. The experience was SO much better because these people were there! (I'm hoping the handles I know them by are the same people here!) @cephalopod has probably been my #1 haunt and mainstay support actor. They showed up every day, filling in wherever I needed help, sometime doing two roles at once. @Sandpit, man, I am SO glad you came to help! @rookery., also a solid presence, frequently there, always funny.  @MayDay, very helpful and there a great deal of the time, and @Arklide, someone I can definitely count on to sign up and be there! Fewer hours, but no less helpful is @Tanklet, @aalyasenai, @BlackHearted and @Moondancerdrake (not sure which Moondancer  they are here).  @Trick, @Mutton, @Kid Challeen, Amara (very likely not the ones listed here), @Sp3ctr4l, @choochus, @Mental Mercury, and @Lostintranslation finish out the roster of people who have given time to pull off this production. THANK YOU.

@Nightraven (no idea who to tag) faithfully provided music people could tune into, thank you for that!!

And a TREMENDOUS thank you to the GMs who came and helped out in the "transmogrifier" room. Yeah. Probably a made up word. But people seemed to have a lot of fun with it!! And if you don't know what I'm referring to, there is STILL TIME TO STOP BY. But anyway, a shout out to @GM Impervium, who's spent a great deal of time making all our lives better, @GM Helferlein and @GM Willow who also stopped by and helped out.  Hoping to add one more GM name to that list, but we will see. 🙂 THANK YOU, I can't express that enough.

Last thanks goes out to Everlasting's RP community; THANK YOU for those of you who play along with us, it makes our day, it makes it fun, and it's a huge reason we do this at all. You are awesome!!

1444986971_GiveawayThankyou(5).thumb.png.01c9e883470f55a8c0293183f5a4d544.png

Apologies if I tagged any incorrect people, and didn't tag correct ones.

-Dacy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Up 12

That haunted house blew my mind!!!! I've toured some amazing SG bases but that haunted house is just several levels beyond! I was genuinely creeped out and more than once had a real fright (followed immediately with laughter, it was so damn skillful). There was one part where I got so boggled and so stressed out I almost panicked and abandoned my character by shutting the game off but I managed it and Im so glad, I mean it would have been terrible to abandon my main in that horrible goopy room of grossness! Anyway, you all did something incredible and should be very proud of yourselves. Thank you for giving some a sick and twisted gift to the community you obviously love to BITS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

• Retired Community Rep

If you see these people, please let them know how much you enjoyed what they did for the event and for the community!

-Dacy

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you to all involved for such a fantastic event. The creativity on display in these bases is nothing short of astonishing.

• Like 1

Adding my (virtual) voice to a very well-deserved chorus.  This Halloween - the entire month of October - has been an unending fest of innovation, and the Devs utilizing every digital, game engine tool available to them to make this year something to celebrate and remember for good and always.  Our eternal and ongoing thanks for the efforts that were taken, the imagination indulged, and the depth of spirit and commitment that's been demonstrated.

Now, if only something like this can be put together for Christmas...maybe an evil elf faction (Redkaps!  Redkaps!)  who are set on turning Santa's toy factory into a for-profit weapons production facility...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Black Talon said:

the Devs utilizing every digital, game engine tool available to them

Yeah, except the window decorations!  *gets yanked off stage by a giant hook*

But thanks for the bases, that was very fun!

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I managed to make it to the Witch's House yesterday for the first time and my mind is still blown.  Just utterly amazing work, I can't imagine how much effort went into the base building, never mind the extra work to actively run the even there over the Halloween period.  Stunning.  Thank you to everyone involved.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

• Retired Community Rep
9 hours ago, Black Talon said:

Now, if only something like this can be put together for Christmas...maybe an evil elf faction (Redkaps!  Redkaps!)  who are set on turning Santa's toy factory into a for-profit weapons production facility...

I don't know about evil redcaps, but if you're looking for a Christmas base, look no further than Sleigh Belles by @Easter Bunny (XMAS-7920) on Indomitable. (Yes, Indomitable. If that's not your home shard, just transfer or make an alt, it's easy! Or watch my video tour of it.) It's one of the most amazing bases on Homecoming.

-Dacy

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Black Talon said:

Sounds more like an AE mission than a base.

I think there was a Holiday AE Mission contest last year ... or maybe the year before ... or maybe I dream to much about CoH.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.