What would you do...

Greycat

if you could add one little tidbit, easter egg, something small into the game?

Just because I do this to see who's paying attention either on team or among friends of mine who might be on - Flux's ...s econd? mission, where you save police officers from trolls. The opening popup says "You hear the rattle of heavy weaponry and the shouts of desperate men." Just randomly - say, a 1 in 20 time to see who's paying attention - I'd change the wording a bit to "you hear the rattle of desperate weaponry and the shouts of heavy men."

JUST to see who notices...

• Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Did a mission on Tina Mc's arc last night against Carnies - I think the mission title was "Speak to the Person in Charge" - the mission entry text was "you here a tiny version of "As Time Goes By" playing"

Small music. Who'd have thought?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Did a mission on Tina Mc's arc last night against Carnies - I think the mission title was "Speak to the Person in Charge" - the mission entry text was "you here a tiny version of "As Time Goes By" playing"

Small music. Who'd have thought?

Probably should have been tinny, not tiny.  Although my mindview makes the same picture of a little music box playing an eerie toon in the corner of the warehouse for both tiny and tinny.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I would change the name of the hostages from any vahz or BP mission to first names of characters of zombie games (frank, jill, leon, etc).

The word cowabunga would be somewhere in the sewer or abandoned sewer network.

Hellion AV Tinder would say swipe left/right.  (thats low hanging fruit, i know)

There would be a cutscene that made fun of players using their battle cry in cut scenes.

I'm sure i can think of more, but i gotta get back to work.

• Like 1

Paintable MM robots!

But, more seriously, the ability to see what sets will slot into a power in the slot screen!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Alternative models for MM pets. Controllers get a few options (well some do) and the pets are similar to weapons in an MM's arsenal, so it's only fair.

Vehicles - Cars, Trucks & Motorcycles; cosmetic travel powers that can be piloted through Paragon (and the RI) to get from A2B (and of course we could have road races)

ATT that resembles a rocket ship to get me to the next mission. Why would I have a Longbow Flyer or an Arachnos troop ship to take me to a mission when I'm just about to beat down on them?

The award of the Tourist badge would give you a costume power that... makes you look like a tourist, The only way you can travel around is by walking and pausing to take photos occasionally. While wearing this disguise you can be almost immune to residents of the zone you are in, but if you change back to your normal outfit there's a chance you get ganked by the local mobs because you're obviously a spy.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

One thing.  One small thing.

I would alter some of the more nameless store fronts with additional business names.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

8 minutes ago, Troo said:

Utilize the Billboard functions more.

2 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

One thing.  One small thing.

I would alter some of the more nameless store fronts with additional business names.

These

What this team needs is more Defenders

I'd love to add clickable names to some of the graves in Striga and Dark Astoria. In-game lore or references to horror/pulp in real life.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

On 2/8/2023 at 10:51 PM, Greycat said:

if you could add one little tidbit, easter egg, something small into the game?

Just because I do this to see who's paying attention either on team or among friends of mine who might be on - Flux's ...s econd? mission, where you save police officers from trolls. The opening popup says "You hear the rattle of heavy weaponry and the shouts of desperate men." Just randomly - say, a 1 in 20 time to see who's paying attention - I'd change the wording a bit to "you hear the rattle of desperate weaponry and the shouts of heavy men."

JUST to see who notices...

Not a small thing, but how about an amusement park!

Ok, a small thing:   billboards that might reveal a secret mission for a few minutes.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

This is going into alt-Lore territory, and while I'm glad this wasn't done Back Alley Brawler, I'm always surprised (given the apparent Praetorian connection to Deadlock (and the old devs seeming distaste for certain elements of the original Lore) that Back-Alley Brawler wasn't beaten into a pulp, kidnapped, and turned into the Noble Savage (in the First Ward). Noble Savage's backstory seems to be entirely lacking (is he hinted at in any Gold lore prior to First Ward?), and BA Brawler doesn't seem to be any worse for the experience shown in Eagle Eye's 'personal' mission in any of the places/missions where BAB is encountered.

2 minutes ago, tidge said:

This is going into alt-Lore territory, and while I'm glad this wasn't done Back Alley Brawler, I'm always surprised (given the apparent Praetorian connection to Deadlock (and the old devs seeming distaste for certain elements of the original Lore) that Back-Alley Brawler wasn't beaten into a pulp, kidnapped, and turned into the Noble Savage (in the First Ward). Noble Savage's backstory seems to be entirely lacking (is he hinted at in any Gold lore prior to First Ward?), and BA Brawler doesn't seem to be any worse for the experience shown in Eagle Eye's 'personal' mission in any of the places/missions where BAB is encountered.

There's an entire origin story to Noble Savage in Praetoria. Aaron Walker - Unofficial Homecoming Wiki

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

3 hours ago, Supertanker said:

I'd add an entire new zone Goldside with no announcement, and see how long it takes for someone to notice it.

Underground First Ward & Night Ward.  No need to explain where they came from as we already "know" they're there.

• Like 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Again just add in little RP spots. A skull club in Kings row. 

Some self made homes for the trolls in the tunnels. 

Some labs in the sewers.  

Maby a nice massive air ship for the sky pirates. 

Some rikit bombs and lost towns in the sewers. 

Give the hellions anything poor guys. Probably a big section of Perez park have them finally win the war there vs the skulls. 

Skyway could have some more troll stuff maby add another villan faction there to fight them as they are more or less unchallenged in that part of town.  

Probably take the Malta and COT off the street as there just not that kind of criminals. 

Add more of a family presence into the game. Personally I would remove the devouring earth from most open world maps.  

Same with the rik'ti probably remove there spawns expect during an invasion and have all "gangs" attack the rik'ti (except the lost)   

Fix up boom town 

Have more patrolling officers and longbow that take down street crimes.  (In green zones)

And have more gangs actively patrol to take down hero's in (in red zones)  

I doubt it's possible but remove levels in the open world so that all gangs are equal LVL to the players.  

The list goes on.