No Influence for items after respec?

Solarverse

On live, when you did a respec and didn't use any of the SO's in your inventory, you got full influence for the cost of them. Did this change? There is nothing to indicate that you get any influence for them anymore.

Not real sure but always thought if you don't save the SO's you don't use after the respec, they are just deleted. If you save them, you can sell them. There should still be a warning message about it right before you complete the respec.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

Not real sure but always thought if you don't save the SO's you don't use after the respec, they are just deleted. If you save them, you can sell them. There should still be a warning message about it right before you complete the respec.

Yes, this is the way it stands now, but prior to now, you used to get a full refund for them instead of them just deleting. I normally didn't care, I just put it all back in my tray and sold them later for at least half the amount I spent on them, but now, they won't all fit in my tray, so now they are just going to be deleted. Why did they take away the full refund? Or do you still get the full refund?

well there are now 7 trays with 10 sots each, so that is 70 enhances that can be kept to sell. You still get full refund for them, afaik.

So if I do not put them back in my tray, I will get the full refund? Sorry, just trying to be sure I understand you. Back in the day, it told you how much you would be getting back for the refund, now it doesn't show, so I would rather make sure I know how this works now, before I do any respecs.

well there are now 7 trays with 10 sots each, so that is 70 enhances that can be kept to sell. You still get full refund for them, afaik.

So if I do not put them back in my tray, I will get the full refund? Sorry, just trying to be sure I understand you. Back in the day, it told you how much you would be getting back for the refund, now it doesn't show, so I would rather make sure I know how this works now, before I do any respecs.

If you put them back in your tray, you can sell to either vendor or at the Auction House - there appears to be no automatic sale anymore. If you don't put them back in your tray, they are deleted and lost.

This has at least been the experience from the 4-5 characters I have run through respec in the past 2-3 weeks.

If you put them back in your tray, you can sell to either vendor or at the Auction House - there appears to be no automatic sale anymore. If you don't put them back in your tray, they are deleted and lost.

That's what I was afraid of. Okay, thanks.

You get 2 warning messages and plenty of room to place any extra enhancements you don't plan on slotting anymore. Before we only had a handful of room so I can see why the auto sale was put in place but it's not needed anymore.

Not to be a smart ass here, but if there was plenty of room, I would have never made this post.  ;)

There's not plenty of room. If you've got a full SO'd build and respec at 50 there are a handful you won't have room for even if you remember to sell off before the respec. It's also annoying to drop them in the trays one at a time. It's one thing if they're IOs you're keeping for alts but the convenience of the sell for SOs is definitely missed.

Oh crap, so I lost the inf (pitiful amount I'm sure) on the handful of Enh I left out of the tray? I know for sure it used to "Any unslotted enh will be sold", but you're saying it simply deletes them now?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Oh crap, so I lost the inf (pitiful amount I'm sure) on the handful of Enh I left out of the tray? I know for sure it used to "Any unslotted enh will be sold", but you're saying it simply deletes them now?

From the looks of things, yes. And it's more than just a handful unfortunately.

There's not plenty of room. If you've got a full SO'd build and respec at 50 there are a handful you won't have room for even if you remember to sell off before the respec. It's also annoying to drop them in the trays one at a time. It's one thing if they're IOs you're keeping for alts but the convenience of the sell for SOs is definitely missed.

If you're still using SOs at 50 you've overwritten more inf worth of SOs while leveling up than you're losing from not selling your level 50 IOs.

How many enhancement slots are there at level 50 then? I personally love the fact that we have 70 enhancement slots in the trays now. I remember the olden days when you had to buy and slot 10 at a time. I did think it a bit odd when I respeced at 25 that it didn't resell and was kind of annoyed I had to drop them into the tray so I could sell manually later. Hopefully it's something that isn't difficult to change to revert it back to unusued enhancements are sold after a respec.

How many enhancement slots are there at level 50 then? I personally love the fact that we have 70 enhancement slots in the trays now. I remember the olden days when you had to buy and slot 10 at a time. I did think it a bit odd when I respeced at 25 that it didn't resell and was kind of annoyed I had to drop them into the tray so I could sell manually later. Hopefully it's something that isn't difficult to change to revert it back to unusued enhancements are sold after a respec.

It was changed from selling to deletion for a reason. Something about too many enhancements causing respecs to fail; the patch notes are ambiguous. Regardless, I don't think the auto-sell is coming back.

Yeah, I remember only having the tray of 10. That made you VERY careful about just WHY you choose to respect and when.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

It would be nice to have a "move all remaining enhancements to enhancement tray" button, though, for when you're making a big slotting change and don't want to move twenty or thirty enhancements one at a time. It would take enhancements left-to-right, top-to-bottom from the enhancement display, so if you had any at the end you wanted to save and didn't have room, you'd want to move them first.

You get 2 warning messages and plenty of room to place any extra enhancements you don't plan on slotting anymore. Before we only had a handful of room so I can see why the auto sale was put in place but it's not needed anymore.

Not to be a smart ass here, but if there was plenty of room, I would have never made this post.  ;)

Not to be a smart ass here but if your build is so terrible that you have to remove more than 70 enhancements, you probably should try a different game ;)

If you slot brawl, rest and sprint you would have 98 slots.

Not to be a smart ass here but if your build is so terrible that you have to remove more than 70 enhancements, you probably should try a different game ;)

The difference between what I said and the garbage you just spewed out of your mouth is...I honestly wasn't being a smart ass...which was why I stated it up front so that you wouldn't take me that way. You on the other hand are clearly "trying" to be a smart ass.

Has nothing to do with my build, my man. I was level 46, I had out grown my SO's...I wanted to sell them. And before you tell me to go make IO's...no. For reasons.

P.S. Don't tell me to go play another game. Chances are, I was playing this game back when you were nothing more than a squiggly thing racing to the egg.

So you have over 70 enhancements in one build that you get rid of in a single respec?

I’m imagining that a character might have enhancements in their trays as well as in their build when they respec...thus if you have 50 in the tray and want to get rid of 25 (50+25>70)

It’s not happened to me, but I can see it.  I think the solution is that if you are going to want to sell all of your unused enhancements after respec, you’ll want to sell the unwanted enhancements in your tray first.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

The difference between what I said and the garbage you just spewed out of your mouth is...I honestly wasn't being a smart ass...which was why I stated it up front so that you wouldn't take me that way. You on the other hand are clearly "trying" to be a smart ass.

Has nothing to do with my build, my man. I was level 46, I had out grown my SO's...I wanted to sell them. And before you tell me to go make IO's...no. For reasons.

P.S. Don't tell me to go play another game. Chances are, I was playing this game back when you were nothing more than a squiggly thing racing to the egg.

Oh I was being a smart ass.  I was not "trying".  But it was ok because I put the ;) at the end ;)