Prismatic Aether badges

Snarky

Mimic, Doppelganger, and Shapeshifter are earned by buying one, five, and ten costume powers (respectively) with PAs. As far as I know there are no other badges tied to PAs.

• Thanks 1

I do not miss my badge hunting OCD at all . . .

But they are shiny.

<eye twitch initiates>

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 minute ago, High_Beam said:

But they are shiny.

<eye twitch initiates>

I have never seriosly badged. I will sometimes go location crazy on a new alt.  Then whatever.  But my dark dark Blaster is at 1298.  Without a ton of effort I might be able to push them past 1500.  Well....with a moderate amount of effort.

has anyone else gone crazy, melted ~6-8 equipped characters and... bought 700 prismatic aethers from the AH? its about 430M for 100 if you want them.NOW.

i 'needed' them for my character refreshing, all dressed as legacy cot guide:

honoroit the unclean (poison/rad def)

by three they come

(savage/rad brute)

devouring mushrooms (nature/sonic def)

honoroit the cultist (necro/kin)

rot bringer (necro/ff)

percy the cultist (dark/rad blast)

fairy guidebrother (shield/stone tank)

next is a titan weapon / something scrapper (dark or fire)

i love the robes.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Oh I still collect.  I technically have three Badgers (explore, history) but all will try for badges.  Its the ones that require total time sinks or expenditures of resources (merits or Aether) that I don't sweat.  I am also not sweeping areas over and over again to get defeat badges or going on Fake Nemesis Farms.  Those can come through game play.  Being a total OCD Badger on live as High Beam eventually led to being one of the several reasons I didn't get as much joy from playing as I did at the beginning.

Get Older = Learn Lessons

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

2 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

Oh I still collect.  I technically have three Badgers (explore, history) but all will try for badges.  Its the ones that require total time sinks or expenditures of resources (merits or Aether) that I don't sweat.  I am also not sweeping areas over and over again to get defeat badges or going on Fake Nemesis Farms.  Those can come through game play.  Being a total OCD Badger on live as High Beam eventually led to being one of the several reasons I didn't get as much joy from playing as I did at the beginning.

Get Older = Learn Lessons

You can easily get the NEM badges now diring invasion events 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, honoroit said:

by three they come

(savage/rad brute)

This a D4 reference? 😮

• Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

1 hour ago, Seed22 said:

This a D4 reference? 😮

ya, it is, imma fan. being dragged on corpse carts a few mins into the game while poetry gets read at you by a narrator baratone is promising!

i used to work there and always dreamed about team3. im not dead yet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Prismatic AEther is a bullshit currency

theyre troublesome to collect in reasonable amounts from leveling content, which tends to be where i play, at least.  sometimes 1x for tf, rarely more.

As far as random drops go: Prismatic Aether Particles are a sort of reward complementary to (Very Rare / PVP) recipe drops: The former are easier to collect by completing missions quickly, the latter are best accumulated by defeating as many mobs as possible on a map with large spawn sizes.

3 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

This. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

4 hours ago, honoroit said:

theyre troublesome to collect in reasonable amounts from leveling content, which tends to be where i play, at least.  sometimes 1x for tf, rarely more.

Yes indeed.  I play a LOT.  Of regular content.  I have the badges on one character and this will be my second.  40 shy.  And I have been playing a LOT since they came out.  Just the Aeon is 1) repetitive.  2) stupid hard 3) the people that do run it are done with the mission by the time you get to the room.  So, that is just a ton of fun.  

It is/was a shit currency that is borderline griefing normal content players.  And if anyone says "well you do not need them..." just do not be surprised if a colony of bats decides your neighborhood is a prime spot to inhabit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

Just the Aeon is 1) repetitive.  2) stupid hard 3) the people that do run it are done with the mission by the time you get to the room.  So, that is just a ton of fun.

Yeah.  I have done it like maybe seven times and I still have no idea what's up with that story beyond some pizza and beer chugging Goldbrick Princess and some Inception fever dream space place.  A gravity well?  I got a wrench?  I mean it was on number 7 that I realized there are DE Giant Monsters in the warp warp warp mission.  In the Bizzaro World of Superman someone in LFG will say "Kill All Aeon, Normal Diff - Trying for Becky Badge."

• Like 1

23 hours ago, High_Beam said:

But they are shiny.

<eye twitch initiates>

On live, I was a top 5 badge collector on Freedom. I started off on HC with my new main doing the badge thing, but my badge OCD has really fallen off in the last year or so, I still get them now and then, but I am just not obsessed any more. I have, however, gotten much more in to base building than I did on live, even though I was really into it then as well. 

43 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

What kind of bats?

Sexy bats? Out of disinterested curiosity…

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

8 hours ago, High_Beam said:

Yeah.  I have done it like maybe seven times and I still have no idea what's up with that story beyond some pizza and beer chugging Goldbrick Princess and some Inception fever dream space place.  A gravity well?  I got a wrench?  I mean it was on number 7 that I realized there are DE Giant Monsters in the warp warp warp mission.  In the Bizzaro World of Superman someone in LFG will say "Kill All Aeon, Normal Diff - Trying for Becky Badge."

The goldbrickers have located a device capable of creating and finding temporary alternate dimensions. This tech was thought lost a long time ago, and even Arachnos considers it illegal, it's that dangerous.

In order to get the tech and knowledge they need to perfect the D-Rifter, the goldbrickers start paying off folks in "fake" gold... that is, it's real, but since it comes from an unstable alternate reality, it disintegrates soon after. This is what catches Aeon's attention to the matter, and he hires the villains to find out what's going on.

Throughout the SF, you're assaulted by GBs from an alternate reality, and even cross into a few yourself. Alternate realities like where Requiem has taken over the world, Hamidon has destroyed the world (except for a few rebel DE, who have names you'll recognize if you've done various story arcs and the Eden trial), and one where the Vanguard are aware their reality is temporary and are trying to prevent folks from escaping and polluting other timelines.

Which is why the D-Rifter is so dangerous: imagine if an incarnate-powered Emperor Requiem found a way to "Primal" Earth, it'd be the Praetorian war all over again. Or something even worse.

Anyway, once Aeon learns of the D-Rifter, he plans to betray you and steal the device for himself. Luckily, his possibly future counterpart Dr. Echo gives you a way to subvert this betrayal, and so Arachnos arrests Aeon and clears your group of any wrong-doing. You also get full access to the GBs armory, which is where the sonic gun and wrench temp powers come from.

Edited by EmperorSteele
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

worthless currency for an endgame activity. Coulda made IOs that specifically worked in HM content or provided HM-specific(akin to PvP IOs in PvP Zones) bonuses as a reward instead but eh, that's just my take on em.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

@EmperorSteele you are awesome!

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2023 at 1:34 AM, Snarky said:

And if anyone says "well you do not need them..." just do not be surprised if a colony of bats decides your neighborhood is a prime spot to inhabit.

Keep in mind that when Snarkoween rolls back around you can pretty quickly earn 10 prismatics on each alt that does not already have the 5 newest halloween defeat badges (2 for each badge).  It can get repetitive, but its probably the fastest way to rack up a bat-load of Prismatics.  Assuming that the event rewards will work the same as last year, you can earn progress toward the badges at any level but the badges and prismatics unlock at level 25.

• Thanks 1