Pride.

kelika2

Taunts do illusion damage that heal over a set time.  Higher enemy rank, more illusionary damage.

More taunt slotted, more damage

Now I just want this to apply to taunts.  But having it to apply to punchvokes might be ok but might not.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, kelika2 said:

Taunts do illusion damage that heal over a set time.  Higher enemy rank, more illusionary damage.

More taunt slotted, more damage

Now I just want this to apply to taunts.  But having it to apply to punchvokes might be ok but might not.

Are you asking for taunt powers to deal damage?  IIRC, there is at least 1 taunt IO that does this...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, you're kind of unclear with what you're asking for.

Are you asking for an illusion armor set, with a taunt that does damage?

Are you asking for Taunt to do Illusionary damage (which... drives me up the wall on Illusion, personally) ?

(Complately unsure what "Pride" has to do with it....)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

24 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I was going to comment on this thread, but after reading it, I'll pass. It feels like a trap.

Given the author's insistent ambiguity? I'm inclined to agree.

A thread title with no relevance to the thread itself that I can understand.

An OP with multiple possible meanings and no clarification.

A "clarifying response" that provides even less information than the OP.

Yeah, feels like a trap alright.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add "that".
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I refuse to believe so many veterans of the game and forums do not know what illusion damage is.

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I was going to comment on this thread, but after reading it, I'll pass. It feels like a trap.

Yeah its looking like it.

29 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

I refuse to believe so many veterans of the game and forums do not know what illusion damage is.

Yeah its looking like it.

People are confused, because taunt does no damage. Unless something has changed? However, the last time I have played my Tank...which was today, there was no damage associated with the ability.

Then, when asked if your request was to give Taunt damage, your response was a wrongly spelled, "wut"

This confused us even more, because it seemed like you might have been requesting this, since taunt does no damage, yet you were speaking as if it does do damage.

Then when asked to clarify because people are trying to understand, all you said was, "illusion."

So what are we to make of this? You made absolute zero sense to us. You spoke in riddles instead of actual English. Is English not your first language? That could possibly explain why we are not understanding you. If it is not, I suggest try using Google Translate, that might help.

It seems pretty clear to me. OP is suggesting that taunt powers do damage, with a delayed heal. They want it to do more damage if the taunt is slotted for taunt, and more damage to higher-ranked enemies. Because it hurts their pride.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Vanden said:

It seems pretty clear to me. OP is suggesting that taunt powers do damage, with a delayed heal. They want it to do more damage if the taunt is slotted for taunt, and more damage to higher-ranked enemies. Because it hurts their pride.

I thanked you. Do I get anything for being able to drag my mouse in a straight line for about 56 billion miles*? 

*slight exaggeration, it was about 10cm, but I'm using a trackball and straight lines aren't easy.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

Glad you speak their language, because I honestly was confused as to what exactly they wanted. Thanks for being the interpreter.

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

That's about how I read it - they want all the Taunt powers in the game to act like Spectral Wounds from Illusion Control.  I'll have to say "No" to this one - if it does minor damage, all it will really do is make Taunts break sleeps/fears, and if it does more than that, then they're no longer Taunts - they're ranged attacks (usually on a melee AT) with a Taunt bonus.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Akisan said:

all it will really do is make Taunts break sleeps/fears

if i were to mimic the thread in terms of understanding this would require serious reworking to make this target players in pve situations.  thumbs down.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

if i were to mimic the thread in terms of understanding this would require serious reworking to make this target players in pve situations.  thumbs down.

You know you can actually explain the OP, right? However, let's just run with what has been provided so far.

Let's run with the OP is about giving taunts a damage component that scales up based on target tier, and increases said damage by slotting taunt enhancements rather than damage enhancements. Brutes and Tankers have an AoE taunt effect. It has a 15 feet radius with a 5 target cap. (I don't know how or if Gauntlet affects the Tanker's taunt.) And characters that dip into the Presence pool to get Provoke to also have a taunt power also gets an AoE effect with a 15 feet radius and 5 target cap. Now you have an ally that put the enemies to sleep. And the Tanker/Brute or Provoke character uses Taunt or Provoke to get the attention of other mobs and pull them away from the squishy character that threw the sleep and possibly other squishy allies. That Taunt/Provoke does damage, breaking the sleep. Or someone uses an ability that inflicts the fear status on one or more targets. That Taunt/Provoke effectively breaks the fear effect by triggering an attack from the affected mob.

Add in that now there would be a damage mechanic that gets buffed by taunt enhancements rather than damage enhancements, and does more damage against higher tier mobs. What are the chances of seeing Brutes, Scrappers, Stalkers, and Tankers turning Taunt/Provoke into spawn killing attacks? I can see it happening. Hells, I'm contemplating trying a taunt-to-death character if this gets implemented. Base recharge of 10 seconds, 0 END cost, and does more damage the more powerful my foe is? And all I have to do is slot taunt sets to make it even better? Including the psi damage proc? I could wipe out even Malta spawns while completely END drained by Sappers. All I would need is a stock of breakfrees to avoid being held and TAUNT everything to death.

Edit: Seriously, it wouldn't be any problem at all to get a Tanker/Brute with Taunt and Provoke, reduce their recharges so I can spam them back to back, and never have to worry about my END ever again as I now have a 0-END AoE attack chain. The damage heals back automatically after a short while? Was never a problem when using Spectral Wounds which this seems to be based off of.

Edit again: Even better for those Tankers and Brutes? Taunt is an auto-hit power unless used in PvP. So they will never miss, and are guaranteed to always do damage with the OP.

Edited by Rudra
Edited for grammar.
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, kelika2 said:

if i were to mimic the thread in terms of understanding

Your proposal was as comprehensible as that of a four year old's excited recitation of what happened in kindergarten class.  Your follow-up responses were deliberately obfuscatory.  Put away the victim card before you give yourself a paper cut.

• Thanks 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I'm probably the most skilled tanker on excelsior, so I'll help you understand how I protect my team!

Young_Zerofuku.png.b8c76513127a55446886ef0c19c00765.png

1/ taunt isnt wonderous one slotted. the range reduce will force mobs to approach you, and you then hope a taunting aura or them seeing your punch-voke holds them to you

2/ DAMAGE can be added with the 'chance to add psionic damage' IO - it goes off maybe 50-60% of things hit, depends on its mood.

3/ if you 6 slot taunt... hm... well, itll have a higher duration, and on overlap of reapply of taunt you'll end up with mag stacking...but you run into a problem

--> you could also take a 2nd taunt from the powerpool 'tuff stuff' or whatever its called.  this gives another proc spot for the damage io, and lets you really spam about taunts.  but it won't stop THE problem...

4/ THE problem is target cap -- you cant have more than the target cap of monsters on you. to the point they'll stop entirely if you keep trying to get more.  the new ones will stick, the older ones who'd been with you will drop off.

-->> this can be DANGEROUS in groups, where those mobs over cap will peel off and start on other players if those other players are in range and the mob is aware of them.

could taunt use more/some damage? that's not really its job.

could the target cap for tankers and brutes be doubled without devestating balance or anything exciting like that - yes, but people would complain farms got faster or now they die in farms bc more mobs.

THE problem is aggro hold on max target cap and drop off of excess mob in a way that can be unexpected for ordering of dropoff, to me.

And my characters are probably the mightiest of tankers on homecoming. so I'd know.

• Haha 3