honoroit

most important issue to you  

102 members have voted

1. 1. most important issue to you

• AR - beanbag becomes aim
    • FIGHTING - tough/weave without kick/punch
    • COLD DOM - power boost not work with cold shields, but do with FF shields
    • STORM BLAST - too slow, needs buffs
    • ARCHERY -ST awful, lethal, eww. needs buffs.
    • other! - vote here for what i think means super strength, but wielding a motorcycle?
    • WIND CONTROL - up and down drafts
    • WHIPS - yes, even if all the abilities use variants of 2 animations!
    • STORY MISSIONS - like the one where you let a guy die in a burning building on purpose
    • PVP - good for you, good for me
    • PRISMS! - they dont drop enough
    • DEMONS, WITH HORNS -> that can wear sunglasses

3 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Being able to pull off something you shouldn't be able to solo due to the difficulty of it and yet get crap rewards for it. I got the Hunt 50 Rikti mission from Tina. I went to the island area in PI and cleared out the 50 Rikti as a level 43. My XP bar barely moved.

3 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Being able to pull off something you shouldn't be able to solo due to the difficulty of it and yet get crap rewards for it. I got the Hunt 50 Rikti mission from Tina. I went to the island area in PI and cleared out the 50 Rikti as a level 43. My XP bar barely moved.

I mean, it was still "just" one mission... You shouldn't expect to be showered with XP for what is really just a regular task, and clearly isn't impossible...

Edited by biostem

4 hours ago, biostem said:

I mean, it was still "just" one mission... You shouldn't expect to be showered with XP for what is really just a regular task, and clearly isn't impossible...

If I do 5 packs of 10 in a mission even at +4, then yes, my XP bar is going to move much more. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 minute ago, Without_Pause said:

If I do 5 packs of 10 in a mission even at +4, then yes, my XP bar is going to move much more. 

I may be wrong on this, but beyond the increased XP for mobs within an instance, you also get the end-of-mission XP.

Just now, biostem said:

I may be wrong on this, but beyond the increased XP for mobs within an instance, you also get the end-of-mission XP.

It was for a mission set at +1/x8 so not a whole lot. I find only the bonus for an end of an arc being with a damn.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

My most pressing issue is Other: I wish I could apply "No/Minimal FX" to other people's powers (only from my perspective, I don't want to mess with how anyone else sees the game) to cut down on photosensitivity issues... but Super Strength wielding a Motorcycle is pretty compelling.

But I voted for Whips, because that seems more viable, and I hate needing to run a Petless MM to get them (I really don't like Demon pets visually, they just rub me the wrong way... and I'm not that fond of MMs for the most part anyway... of course that might change if I could customize my pet's appearance)

• Like 2

• Game Master
On 8/27/2023 at 12:50 AM, Starhammer said:

My most pressing issue is Other: I wish I could apply "No/Minimal FX" to other people's powers (only from my perspective, I don't want to mess with how anyone else sees the game) to cut down on photosensitivity issues... but Super Strength wielding a Motorcycle is pretty compelling.

I find turning the particle count down an enormous help, especially in Hami raids and MSR. I drop it to minimum and suddenly I can see everything that's going on

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 7:50 PM, Starhammer said:

But I voted for Whips, because that seems more viable, and I hate needing to run a Petless MM to get them (I really don't like Demon pets visually, they just rub me the wrong way... and I'm not that fond of MMs for the most part anyway... of course that might change if I could customize my pet's appearance)

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

you mean accessibility options for visuals to redice chances of light strobe / other based seizures?

important, yes.

is there a concise guide here on forums? people spatter comments like various slash commands, particle count etc.

way back when coh release, there wasnt the focus on accessibility there is now.

a lot of games force popup for accessibility options on new game start, or deliberately repeat that on game first enter.  theyve a bunch of options, albeit less towards light strobe seizure prompters.

it is important to avoid situations that could render you unwell / cause a damaging brain overload loop.

33 minutes ago, honoroit said:

you mean accessibility options for visuals to redice chances of light strobe / other based seizures?

important, yes.

is there a concise guide here on forums? people spatter comments like various slash commands, particle count etc.

way back when coh release, there wasnt the focus on accessibility there is now.

a lot of games force popup for accessibility options on new game start, or deliberately repeat that on game first enter.  theyve a bunch of options, albeit less towards light strobe seizure prompters.

it is important to avoid situations that could render you unwell / cause a damaging brain overload loop.

My eyes are light sensitive plus I like to see what I'm fighting.

The  /noparticles command works best for me.

There seem to be no reason to repost what I had written since a link to my recent post should suffice.

This even mostly works for those inconsiderate enough to make all their powers and costumes, etc. pure white ... well, not their costumes, but the other stuff ...

Edited by UltraAlt

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

My eyes are light sensitive plus I like to see what I'm fighting.

The  /noparticles command works best for me.

There seem to be no reason to repost what I had written since a link to my recent post should suffice.

This even mostly works for those inconsiderate enough to make all their powers and costumes, etc. pure white ... well, not their costumes, but the other stuff ...

what color range should a character and their powers be within, to please, or not enrage, you?

spacer.png

Figs - gaining xp

Edited by honoroit
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, honoroit said:

what color range should a character and their powers be within, to please, or not enrage, you?

What other colors people pick is up to them.

I don't expect other players to pick color to please me. I pick different colors on different character.

It isn't a matter of enraging. It's a matter of my eyes not being able to take/endure it.

(It hurts my eyes to stare at/read a white screen with black text on it. Dark Mode [Black with white characters] is a real God-send for me.)

Pure white is the worst.

The lightest grays can be an issue over time.

Likewise, bright "glowing" colors can be an issue over time.

As indicated, it is the people the pick completely white powers  ... especially  auras and large area of effect ... that causes an issue with my eyes.

(If I stay outside more than a couple of hours outside during the day even with sunglasses on, I start getting a sunburn inside my eyes. And, yeah, I can feel it.)

Oddly enough, I play a good number of ice power characters. I tend to give the powers a bluish tint. My eyes seem to deal with that better than making the ice grey and the blue still has the icey feeling to me.

I think I pick mostly 2 lower than the brightest color if I pick a brighter shade of something.

Some colors that appear to be dark show up much brighter then they are applied to a SFX for some reason.

Before I knew about the /noparticles command, I had to quit some teams and I stayed away from mass player situations that would include higher level characters (the more levels, the more of a light show it becomes). I don't think I have had to quit a team since I found and started utilizing the /noparticles command.

Edited by UltraAlt

On 8/30/2023 at 3:24 AM, UltraAlt said:

So /noparticles has it's uses, but it's very suboptimal, because it's too all or nothing. The only combat aspects you have left are weapons, attack animations, and damage number floaties. It can be advantageous at times. I can see it being useful in the Hami Raid of course. But losing ALL power effects, at least for me, takes away a little too much from the game experience. kinda like going back to playing in ICON without having powers to activate. I'll likely use it for some characters... some Flame armor or Rad armor types that use a melee weapon or unarmed attack set exclusively would find it tolerable. But too often, the cost is too high for the benefit. For instance, I have a flamethrower guy. He's an Assault Rifle/Fire Armor Sentinel. The idea is to take fire armor because he should be thematically especially resistant to fire, but thematically, he really shouldn't have to look like he's on fire to accomplish that, so he's a mixed bag. using /noparticles would be wonderful in hiding the fire armor, but it then undermines the primary joy of the character, because I can no longer revel in spraying streams of burning plasma as my enemies. Sure, they'll take the damage, but if all I cared about was doing damage, I wouldn't be playing an AR Sent 😞

Obviously it would never happen, but "If I had a genie that would only grant me CoH related wishes" having the ability to easily apply /noparticles on a power specific basis to my client would be high on the list. Sadly, modding is well beyond my skillset, or I would have looked into that route to accomplish the same thing.

Don't get me wrong though, I do appreciate the effort. I could swear I've used it in the past, but forgotten, most likely because it doesn't really meet my needs without costing other desirable effects.

On 9/2/2023 at 1:06 PM, Starhammer said:

So /noparticles has it's uses, but it's very suboptimal, because it's too all or nothing.

suboptimal to you.

It saves my eyesight and takes away the SFX mess that ruins my game experience.

Feel free to use another option that you enjoy.

But losing ALL power effects, at least for me, takes away a little too much from the game experience.

And this is why I tend to enjoy came play sub level 30 or so.

Even by that level that SFX start turning into a mess with some groups, but that might be due to level 50's in the mix.

Don't get me wrong though, I do appreciate the effort. I could swear I've used it in the past, but forgotten, most likely because it doesn't really meet my needs without costing other desirable effects.

I don't use /noparticles all the time. I just use it when the graphics get too out of hand for me.

For people that have the same kind of issues that I have, it's a godsend.

• Thumbs Down 1

An Echo TF involving the Echo versions of zones. There are whole zones sitting there empty outside of the token person going there for badges.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

After thinking on it, my top priorities list would be:

1. Archery buffs/revamp, Cold Domination and powerboost issue, and Stormblast improvements: these directly impact enjoyyment of existing characters and playstyles. And one of them sounds like a bug.
  2. Story Missions: Loathed as I am to turn away from new shinies of powersets, its important we have content to actually run with those powers and characters. Hardmode TFs have honestly been a great idea for giving some challenging endgame content as well, though I do find myself feeling a dearth a lot in the mid levels.
  3. Wind Control: it's kind of a long awaited thing for people.
  4. Other - New Costume Pieces/weapons/power effects: I kind of feel this is one of the major things this server does lag behind on compared to others.. I understand there's a number of technical issues to, and more important things, thus why this is kind of low on the list, but new costume pieces can do wonders for increasing player expression and a good costume can make even repeated powerset combos feel fresh for some.
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/2/2023 at 12:06 PM, Starhammer said:

So /noparticles has it's uses, but it's very suboptimal, because it's too all or nothing. 

I'd like a command that I can put into a macro button to change the max particle count setting. And I'd like that command to include numbers down even lower than 100. Like, say, 25, or even 10.

But it's not my most pressing issue. That has to be Rage, from Super Strength.  It makes the powerset unplayable for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later
On 9/8/2023 at 4:12 AM, Andreah said:

I'd like a command that I can put into a macro button to change the max particle count setting. And I'd like that command to include numbers down even lower than 100. Like, say, 25, or even 10.

But it's not my most pressing issue. That has to be Rage, from Super Strength.  It makes the powerset unplayable for me.

Super Strength is definitely among my least favorite melee sets, because of the Rage crash and the activation time on Hurl, but I'm curious how it is "unplayable"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starhammer said:

Super Strength is definitely among my least favorite melee sets, because of the Rage crash and the activation time on Hurl, but I'm curious how it is "unplayable"?

I hate the crash so much I can't play it. I've tried several times, back on live and here on Homecoming.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

I want Dual Pistols swap ammo to have lasers as an option 

star-lord-guardians-of-the-galaxy.gif

ya... good bit of news, guns related, is one of the devs who does the art skins said on the forums to me some time ago that they'd add the assault rifle guns (e.g. crey las rifle, many others) to beam rifle in their 'next pass with them'.

so maybe next patch... I have a set of crey characters, the sons/clones of the sons of the countess... elias, joshua, elliott, mikael crey.  they're all some version of disaffected youth who've... taken crey weaponry and go about being villians or pretend heroes... so a home team arsenal is essential!

dual pistols would be nice with pew pew beams.