Any teaser what is being worked on? (January 2024 edition)

Troo

That thorns blast idea could be pretty cool.  Lethal/toxic.  Spines blast really doesn't make as much sense to me, but why not.

I'd suggest for flavor they add in Spirit Tree for thorns blast - I know that sounds weird but other sets have oddballs like ice patch or sleeps or pets.

Revise Spirit Tree (and thus Triage Beacon, which is the same power via different visuals) to be up more frequently but have the same strength.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 9/17/2023 at 12:29 PM, Troo said:

Folks check in here from time to time to see if there is anything new. We know the devs are doing things behind the scenes... it could be nice if we had some notice in advance what is being worked on.

Apparently, they've been working on a Lawyer/License Guardian AT.  Who knew?

• Haha 3
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

well this happened.. and it's glorious.

image.thumb.png.9020d07a3e8551efd0410bba4024c628.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

also in the news

City of Heroes Homecoming talks funding, the City Council, and the impending content drop

'Our prime directive is to keep the servers online and available to everyone'

https://massivelyop.com/2024/01/05/city-of-heroes-homecoming-talks-funding-the-city-council-and-the-impending-content-drop/

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

We've had two coins so far.  Maybe something to with Penelope ("Penny") Yin?  Or Kings Row is getting a make-over and the first coin was a reference to that.

Dunno what Gojira has to do with that.  The band Gojira?  Clamour again?  Or speed boat travel power.

17 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

We've had two coins so far.  Maybe something to with Penelope ("Penny") Yin?  Or Kings Row is getting a make-over and the first coin was a reference to that.

Dunno what Gojira has to do with that.  The band Gojira?  Clamour again?  Or speed boat travel power.

Psionic Armor and Shield Melee!

You heard it here first!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Isn't Willpower kind-of psi armor, in a way?

Kind of...the fluff behind it is that you're more or less using your "mental power" to push your body beyond its normal limits. You could work a character concept around that as being either a normal human who is highly disciplined, or using psychic power to enhance it. 

It only has middling protection against psi damage though, and it doesn't have offensive powers like psionic characters normally demonstrate (psychics like Jean Gray tend to be known for being glass cannons). A proper "Psi Armor" would have the strongest psi protection of any armor and some offensive tools like a damage aura and/or an AOE attack of some sort (like what Rad Armor gets). 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

5 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Isn't Willpower kind-of psi armor, in a way?

It's Punisher's style of armor. (No, not plot armor). Bleeding, broken, fighting against many or a strong opponent and going through it on grit alone where someone else would have fainted from pain or blood loss. Even the midling psi resistance fits since it's canon (in the comics) that a 'strong willpower' can resist telepaths.

Seriously though (hah!), gravity armor! And since we can't have Wind control then... WIND ARMOR! We have ice armor, fire armor, stone armor, we lack only wind for Captain Planet!

And an Empath, of course.

Personally, I use Super Reflexes for my Psionic Melee character. My RP logic is that dodging attacks is easier for someone who can read minds or otherwise know what attacks their opponent is going to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

As long as they're not just re-skinning an old powerset - which was/is the norm. We have too much of that.

It's the easiest thing to do when they do not have the people on hand to create new animations or new fx (I think. Don't take this as 100% for sure)

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Moar powerset revamps please 🙂. In terms of return on effort it must be the most efficient thing to do. I am perfectly happy to replay all the old content on a bunch of new or rerolled characters. The revamps to stone armour and melee spawned the better part of a dozen characters and months of play.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

As long as they're not just re-skinning an old powerset - which was/is the norm. We have too much of that.

There could never be too much of that.. maybe I should avoid saying 'never'.

I am all for reskinning mix and matched powers to create different power sets.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Cybersbe said:

My RP logic is that dodging attacks is easier for someone who can read minds or otherwise know what attacks their opponent is going to use.

Which is exactly how it works for in-game lore, and is the writen justification for powers like Arachnos Widow's Foresight (in this case "otherwise knowing" is limited precognition).

19 hours ago, FupDup said:

Kind of...the fluff behind it is that you're more or less using your "mental power" to push your body beyond its normal limits. You could work a character concept around that as being either a normal human who is highly disciplined, or using psychic power to enhance it. 

It only has middling protection against psi damage though, and it doesn't have offensive powers like psionic characters normally demonstrate (psychics like Jean Gray tend to be known for being glass cannons). A proper "Psi Armor" would have the strongest psi protection of any armor and some offensive tools like a damage aura and/or an AOE attack of some sort (like what Rad Armor gets). 

I put in how I'd do Psychic Armor in the Eco Power Thread in Suggestions

11 hours ago, Cybersbe said:

Personally, I use Super Reflexes for my Psionic Melee character. My RP logic is that dodging attacks is easier for someone who can read minds or otherwise know what attacks their opponent is going to use.

There's lots of ways people can spin their concepts for all the sets, more so with recoloring for a lot of them, but more options with done slightly different would be good 🙂

• Troo changed the title to Any teaser what is being worked on? (January 2024 addition)
On 1/10/2024 at 6:25 PM, gameboy1234 said:

what is a coin?

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

11 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

what is a coin?

devs posted images of two different coins in this thread.. as a c l u e . .