Flavour of the Month (2023)

Troo

@Cipher @Cipher @Cipher

I can't remember if it is 3 players saying their name 3 times or asking for it repeatedly-non-stop-over-years which makes them appear and update.

I wish I could just remember.. 😛

• Like 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I don't know what the stats are, but I've been digging the Mastermind changes, I rolled a Ninja/Trick Arrow that feels really good - albeit I never played a Mastermind before, so I have nothing to compare it to. I also tried a Storm/Storm Defender, which has been a slow leveling character. Enjoying the concept more than the powerset, but I'm hoping to have a better perspective when I get it in to the 20s and 30s. I'm excited to see what becomes of the Peacebringer/Warshade changling exploit - though I've read no explicit words from the Homecoming team about when that will occur.

It still irks me the HC team put out data and then simply stopped doing that. I feel like the changes to existing sets have given various sets a boon to how good they are. I'm still not sure how many if any of the new sets have really stood out. Case in point, I think Symphony is a really good set. I just don't think it is S tier. I understand why changes were made to Dark when ported over to Controllers, but it is really difficult to not see it being the best set for Controllers. It feel like Radiation Emission has taken a bit of a back seat to it. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

16 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I understand why changes were made to Dark when ported over to Controllers, but it is really difficult to not see it being the best set for Controllers.

That is a VERY bold and sweeping statement.  I can make cases for lots of controller secondaries and much of that depends on what you are trying to do.  For certain toons, yes, /Dark is the best and there's no doubt it's very strong.  But, there are also other very strong picks as well and it is clearly not the best in all cases.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BitCook said:

That is a VERY bold and sweeping statement.  I can make cases for lots of controller secondaries and much of that depends on what you are trying to do.  For certain toons, yes, /Dark is the best and there's no doubt it's very strong.  But, there are also other very strong picks as well and it is clearly not the best in all cases.

/time is really close. I have done Fire/time to 50 so more playing needs to be done. I thought I was done with my Time build despite it being my most reworked build, and then I played it after another respec, and it died 5 times on a two floor map. Ranged Def just isn't quite there yet so I just kept getting mezzed, but I switched one IO set and Incarnates will cap it off as will having Clarion. At one point it was essentially soloing at the same diff as what my Brute was although slower, so x8 Carnie mission is just a current stumbling block.  Outside of the buffs/debuffs, I look for things like adding Def, End management, and Recharge. Dark has two of them and Recharge can be covered via Incarnates, and it's Debuffs are really good. I have two Level 50 /darks. Granted Ill is cheat code, but I think I'm going to be rather happy with my Dark/dark once I find a build for it and slot it. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

14 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

The flavor of the month is the same for every month: rocky road!

That is the number one seed.  But real marshmallows, not that fluff swirl shit.  And almonds,.  make it right you mooks!

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

17 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I know i'm a sucker for stats, and miss this kind of data. As I said before, I'd even be happy with a dataset dump and no need for fancy graphs.

If they would dump the data, suitably anonymized, we could make the graphs for them. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rocky Road has been second tier for me. I should have it again though.

1. Peanut Butter Cup. Prefer Chocolate ice cream with Peanut Butter.

2. Sea Salt Caramel.

3. Blue Moon. Regional to the Great Lakes area. It tends to be the blue stuff in Superman ice cream. I've done it with Rock 'n' Rye pop and called it a Pure Michigan Float.

3. Mint Chocolate Chip. I've had way too much of this even if other flavors might be 'better.' Mint is just a great after meal flavor to have.

Honorable mentions. Pretty much any sort of tropical ice cream. That in the right setting is just divine. Vanilla ice cream, but like vanilla bean type where the vanilla is rather pronounced. Plus, vanilla is just so versatile as it works so well with cake, pie, and floats. Americone Dream. I don't understand why they just didn't add in the nuts. One of the only celebrity items that I actually genuinely like. Butter Pecan. Honestly, they could get rid of the pecans and I would be happy. There are like a ton of others, but those stand out right now.

Back on topic, I've been playing Claws and EA via two ATs, and really liking my Ill/dark.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

Just now, Andreah said:

If they would dump the data, suitably anonymized, we could make the graphs for them. ^_^

Generate the data via an API and let the geeks take care of the rest.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

17 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

2. Sea Salt Caramel.

3. Blue Moon. Regional to the Great Lakes area. It tends to be the blue stuff in Superman ice cream. I've done it with Rock 'n' Rye pop and called it a Pure Michigan Float.

3. Mint Chocolate Chip. I've had way too much of this even if other flavors might be 'better.' Mint is just a great after meal flavor to have.

Honorable mentions. Pretty much any sort of tropical ice cream. That in the right setting is just divine. Vanilla ice cream, but like vanilla bean type where the vanilla is rather pronounced. Plus, vanilla is just so versatile as it works so well with cake, pie, and floats. Americone Dream. I don't understand why they just didn't add in the nuts. One of the only celebrity items that I actually genuinely like. Butter Pecan. Honestly, they could get rid of the pecans and I would be happy. There are like a ton of others, but those stand out right now.

Back on topic, I've been playing Claws and EA via two ATs, and really liking my Ill/dark.

I chose rocky road because it's my favorite non-regional flavor. This is my actual favorite!

002183980-1.thumb.webp.f9171a0eb4bc39d87d6eb0fa041ae468.webp

I almost forgot to mention that Faygo is my favorite soda brand too! It's really hard to find down here.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

6 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

it would be nice to have a new powerset that isn’t accompanied by a goofy combo mechanic

I don't mind them so much if they are a bit flexible. DB's combo system can die in a fire. More so when there is no combo which works best for DPS. You gave something a combo system so a player can ignore it. Here's your sign.

I rolled a BA/stone Brute due to how much it was going to overperform. I dinged Level 20, and so far so good. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 9/17/2023 at 7:48 PM, Without_Pause said:

It still irks me the HC team put out data and then simply stopped doing that. I feel like the changes to existing sets have given various sets a boon to how good they are. I'm still not sure how many if any of the new sets have really stood out. Case in point, I think Symphony is a really good set. I just don't think it is S tier. I understand why changes were made to Dark when ported over to Controllers, but it is really difficult to not see it being the best set for Controllers. It feel like Radiation Emission has taken a bit of a back seat to it. 

Agreed. It is a great set, has almost all of the basics, even down to -KB in the AoE Immob (Something I cannot figure out for the life of me is not the case with Gravity...) but what it lacks is any unique flavor to it and it lacks any type of debuff in the set. No -Acc, no -Resist, no -Defense, nothing. However, I think this makes the set the absolute perfect beginner's set and fun for OG players as well. Having said that, Stone, Ice and Plant are miles beyond the set and far more powerful.

10 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

it would be nice to have a new powerset that isn’t accompanied by a goofy combo mechanic

I have always been mystified why some powersets have such oddball “boost” or “ buff” powers when most of the rest of that AT get the exact same one.  Which is better 90% time.  Some sets have fans, but mostly it is “okay, who wants to date Lurch?”

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2023 at 2:22 PM, Without_Pause said:

2. Sea Salt Caramel.

I'm in Portland, home of Salt n Straw, and able to partake some extraordinary flavors:

Salted Malted Chocolate Chip Cooke Dough

Strawberry Honey Balsamic with Black Pepper

Honey Lavander

Pear and Blue Cheese

While I like all of the above, I usually settle for Double Fold Vanilla (their house vanilla) or their Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbons (their house Sea Salt Caramel)

• Like 1

• 1 month later
On 9/17/2023 at 9:45 AM, Troo said:

@Cipher @Cipher @Cipher

I can't remember if it is 3 players saying their name 3 times or asking for it repeatedly-non-stop-over-years which makes them appear and update.

I wish I could just remember.. 😛

@Cipher

we have gobs of left over tricker treaties if that helps beg borrow steal our way to a data dump.

we can find a volunteer to pretty it up for you if some many hands make short work effort is a prerequisite.

what can we doooo?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum