How much in game currency do you have on hand.

How much in game currency do you have?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. This is available in game currency, not value of your toons, salvage, enhancements.

• Hey pal, can you spare me a dime? < 1 million
    • I get by pay check to pay check. 1 - 10 million
    • I do ok, but I have dreams. 10 - 100 million
    • I am comfortable. Can build what I want if I save. 100 - 600 million
    • On Easy street. 600 million - 2 billion
    • Anything I want I can get. 2 - 20 billion
    • I have to make mule alts to hold my cash. 20 billion 100 billion
    • I think I have a hoarding problem. 100 billion 250 billion
    • iT'S ALL MINE! 250 billion to ???

• Monty Haull changed the title to How much in game currency do you have on hand.

I have a ton of alts and multiple accounts (RP reasons.) I have no idea. 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I like to keep right at 2 bill,  Last year I was making new 50s non stop and was getting broke.  Then a friend, who never plays anymore, from Cosmic Council showed up.  We had a vintage Cosmic Council team night.  This one guy, he a WHALE, not as rich as Yomo, in that zip code.  I jokingly asked for money.  2 bill to everyone on team.  All old Cosmic vets.  I have 75% of that, as I stopped making 50s.  

Now I just need to con Yomo into sending me 2 bill so I can start making endless new fiddies again...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have been working on an alt a month for the last two years.

There is little influence on hand because I craft and store what I know I will use.

Sell what I don't need to buy things at P2W.

I don't feel poor because I am always able to get what I want or already have it on hand.

I have one farmer that I run through the fire tunnel once a week. Craft or sell depending on needs.

• Like 2

/e poofgone

Inf on hand, ~500 mil in the mail. Maybe another 500 mil across all my alts if I were to consolidate.

I only make IO builds for those level 50's I'm sure I will want to play, the usual cost is ~300mil + 2-3k RM depending on AT(Doms cost a fortune as they hold the most purple sets).

I don't fold space, so no need for another 2-3 billion per character.

Edited by Mopery
Wrong currency.

What, me worry?

18 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

I have been working on an alt a month for the last two years.

There is little influence on hand because I craft and store what I know I will use.

Sell what I don't need to buy things at P2W.

I don't feel poor because I am always able to get what I want or already have it on hand.

I have one farmer that I run through the fire tunnel once a week. Craft or sell depending on needs.

This is pretty much me minus the farming (unless you count merits for Halloween GMs, which I scouted for like mad because that was so much fun for me).  I think I've burned off most of those by now, partly because, for once, I actually slotted about eight purples in one toon because it fit the theme (in for penny, in for a pound); I normally ignore purples.  That toon right now is still sitting on like 68 mill regardless.  I am super lazy about game money and still manage to never go crying.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I don't tend to keep a lot of spare INF around... I farm up as much as I think I'll need to equip each alt as I go. I usually over-estimate a build's cost, so there's usually some left over. At the moment that's a few hundred million stored in an email attachment. Chu is carrying about 300m towards her eventual build, additionally, and I've just started Palrah's stash, so he's carrying about 200. Call it something like 700m all together?  

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I was spreading the joy in December. I'd recently won a cossie comp and promptly gave away more than I'd won over the month. Just before we went legit. I'll donate again to people like Capt Canada and Afriki et al.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

I don't tend to keep a lot of spare INF around... I farm up as much as I think I'll need to equip each alt as I go. I usually over-estimate a build's cost, so there's usually some left over. At the moment that's a few hundred million stored in an email attachment. Chu is carrying about 300m towards her eventual build, additionally, and I've just started Palrah's stash, so he's carrying about 200. Call it something like 700m all together?  

It seems to be a pattern of using RMs and other salvage to fund things.  That is pretty much the same for me.  I farmed for a good while in the beginning to gain inf.  I have an entire base full of named enhancements.  Have no idea of the value.  When I need to scratch the altitus I just go shopping for what I need.

Then I have my crafting base which is all salvage.  I don't farm much any more and may just dump it all.  

Why do I feel like that after I answer, Paragon University is going to start sending me emails about "Alumni Donations"?

• Haha 2
  • Moose 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Hey all! I'm new to CoH Homecoming - level 24 Kheldian PB on Reliance. 

Can someone send me a little bit of influence so I can get some good enhancements? I'd appreciate it.

My name is @XalonMG

• Haha 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

All of my inf goes pretty quickly into the next build, which runs 1 to 4 billion depending on exotic HO needs.

I have a very lazy market process that involves low effort crafting of purples and waiting for a tight weekend to cash out above market listings. Anything that's not in a build is sitting in the auction block as a future sale or restock bid.

That leaves me liquid with anywhere from 700 mill to a billion or so most of the time. If I don't have a new build for a while, 500 mill emails will start stacking up for the next go. 

Edited by Onlyasandwich

For the longest time (been here years) I could measure my collected unspent inf in the 100Ms.  Once I figured out how to play the market it's many billions over.  Not showing off (intentionally), but for 10-15 minutes of "work" a day I constantly hit the inf cap daily and deposit money into various "bank" alts and the mail system.

I've done farming, but honestly marketeering is the fastest way to earn with least effort.  Now my farmers are reserved for boosting new toons to 26.  I do wonder what the influx of new players will do to the market long term.  

Edited by evetsleep
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 2/10/2024 at 11:32 AM, Darrk Waver said:

Another question is the number merits folks have. During COVID and multiple Hami runs I have over 60K merits.

You beat me.  I only have 51,000 reward merits.

• Haha 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I find my lack of inf disturbing

I caught myself bemoaning my short supply of inf the other night while trying to build a character to completion. However, it then occurred to me that in itself a lack of inf is a good thing because it encourages  us to play the game, to earn the inf to build our characters to be the best they can be.

Slotting from scratch is probably one of the biggest challenges in game - at least if you're getting close to a min/max build and need lots of procs, ATO sets and the like so it gives us a solid goal that is not readily completed unless you hoard all the things and have bucketloads of readies to hand to do that the moment you ding 50.

So without the wherewithal to hand, I am forced to actually play the game, do missions, earn inf and other goodies in order to fulfil my dreams of being the best version of me that I can and... well that's rather fantastic actually. It means I have a reason to play, I enjoy playing, fulfil goals and engage with fellow players. That, to me is what an MMO is all about.

I'm not poor by any stretch of the imagination but because I need to play to earn to build it works out great and I would say my experience is better than just racing to 50 before slotting and forgetting.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.