You know what the best area in the game is?

5 minutes ago, temnix said:

I won't tell you why I think so, but it is the Paragon Dance Party.

Because nobody ever goes there?  If so, wouldn't all of the Shadow Shard zones (except maybe the first one) be among the best as well?  And the Hazard Zones (except the Hollows)?  Oh, & ALL of the PVP zones?  And Night Ward!  The only characters that are ever in Night Ward (except briefly for a Day Job badge) are mine!  I know it! 😁

Edited by Mister Mass
  • Haha 3

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

8 minutes ago, temnix said:

Nah.

Office mission, last level, that sort of dead end where there's a split to the left, all the way down, last cubicle on the right. You know the one I mean.

• Like 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

37 minutes ago, Mister Mass said:

Because nobody ever goes there?  If so, wouldn't all of the Shadow Shard zones (except maybe the first one) be among the best as well?  And the Hazard Zones (except the Hollows)?  Oh, & ALL of the PVP zones?  And Night Ward!  The only characters that are ever in Night Ward (except briefly for a Day Job badge) are mine!  I know it! 😁

I love the night ward missions.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mister Mass said:

you raise a good point. despite the excelsior being as populated as live, a lot of zones feel like a ghost town

perhaps there could be a rotating incentive for some zones to worth visiting and staying within, along with a buff for street sweeping

2 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Nah.

Office mission, last level, that sort of dead end where there's a split to the left, all the way down, last cubicle on the right. You know the one I mean.

I mean, if you like the smells of coffee and toner, alongside the intermittent hum of the printer/copier just in the hall there...

I'd say the best spot is one of several pools you can find in the blue caves that you can find all over town - especially the large, shallow pools that are somehow still as glass, and give the cave that cool, watery smell.  They're hard to beat for meditation spots, though I only wish that being underground like that didn't unsettle me quite so much.  Above ground though, there's a few interconnected stone pools in the NW corner of Talos, in that park area.  Wonderful place for a day hike, assuming you can stay away from the DE that also frequent the area. (Leave your food/snacks back in your car, though.  Seriously, they're like bears with food radar, and they're shameless about people food, and will come running if you so much as look like you have food.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, biostem said:

I love the little floating islands around the main area of Echo Plaza - some really cool visuals from different parts of the game.

Those, and the ones around Ouro, and especially the outer weirdness outside Pocket D.

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

My favorite spot is probably in Atlas Park, there's an area at the top of a building that you can get to via a doorway down at ground level. It's a glass-ceilinged little indoor park with benches and plants and such. We used to go there to rp a lot.

And "the hole" in KR. A massive double-tower building with a walkway that goes between the buildings but has a roof over it. Except for one square hole that goes from the ground up to the top of the buildings. And there are windows along the inside of the hole. I can't imagine why you'd want to look out your window and see that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, temnix said:

Where’s the rest of your post?

Usually I have to pack a lunch before I start reading one of your    topic starters.

It's the Baby New Year map, because winter time is awesome.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, DougGraves said:

The best place in the game is one of those underground places that you go to on a map and can't find the mission entrance because the way to get there is several blocks away.

Welcome to St. Martial . . . At the next intersection turn left . . . then turn . . . Recalculating!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Abandoned Sewer Network, that crap is old and has lost its' smell. But still......wear a mask.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

15 hours ago, Mister Mass said:

wouldn't all of the Shadow Shard zones (except maybe the first one) be among the best as well?

My favorite zone in the game from a design standpoint is Cascade Archipelago. I just wish the shard was Co-op and there was more content out there. I imagine that we have quite a few players on HC that have never even been out to the shadow shard.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I just wish the shard was Co-op and there was more content out there. 

Definitely agree here! Co-op Shadow Shard would be neat and make sense thematically as well. 

• Like 1

Television in Grandville.  The one down in the gutter that's propped up on some cinder blocks and occasionally has random NPCs from various enemy groups just lounging there watching their daily recommended amount of Television.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

My favorite's already been said (the Shadow Shard). Next is probably Nova Praetoria. Going Rogue was when I actually began to care about the game, so Nova Praetoria feels like home for me in a way comparable to Atlas and Mercy for others.

14 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

And of course, the spot in Galaxy City that was the real reason it was... delocated.

Could you elaborate?

Edited by Sunsette
  • Like 1

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

3 hours ago, ZemX said:

Television in Grandville.  The one down in the gutter that's propped up on some cinder blocks and occasionally has random NPCs from various enemy groups just lounging there watching their daily recommended amount of Television.

Max Headroom lives.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mister Mass said:

Because nobody ever goes there? 

If that's true, my pants must be the best location in the real world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 3/12/2024 at 8:17 AM, Sunsette said:

Could you elaborate?

I could, but then... well, mostly, my sterling reputation would take a dive.

It's an unusual hiding place. *cough* 900.5 241 -831.6 *cough*

Well, two really. But *cough* 917 241 -831.6 *cough*

And from there, you can probably find my preferred landing/parking spots in most zones. (Hint: one is nearby.)

Edited by Shenanigunner
Refined coordinates
  • Like 1

I have always liked Striga, nice variety of mobs and sweet Mrs Peebles still holding out and running her tavern.

For mission maps, CoT Flying Ziggurat, hands down.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.