Selecting team mates

Atomitor

What are people's favorite methods for selecting their teammates?

Back in the day I used to use the num pad but these days I keep my hands on the mouse whilst playing.

I have 2 thumb buttons on my mouse and was thinking of using them and the numbers keys but wondered if any one had a better idea

Indomitable server

Atomitor, Tarquin, Atomito, Daltron, Fusebox and more tbc

I'm so used to the Shift+Number default in CoH I actually carried that to other MMOs with me.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

In general, people in my Global friend list. 🙂  Otherwise the first people to respond.

Oh you mean targeting them? I usually click on their avatar or their name in the Team menu.

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I use NUMPAD 1-8. I prefer using two hands on the keyboard so team selection, targeting, and most of my powers are accessed via the number pad and key combos.

I click on their name on the team window.  Since this is mostly necessary for targeted heals, my attention is already on the team window so it's easy to move the pointer over.

The numpad might have been good, but that's already used when I load massive bind files for mothership raids and sewer trials.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Razia said:

If I were to play a set with a lot of single target buffs/heals, like empathy, I would use the numpad.

I do the opposite. I target team window with the mouse then use the number pad to fire the power. The weird thing about this iteration is the lack of interest in empathy. I've had teams almost wipe because despite my best efforts they scatter round the map and end up out of range. I've had a couple of arguments about the fact I can't heal through walls. Also telling a team to gather for buffs and they instantly run off into the nearest mob. Sorry scrapper/tank/blapper but if you aren't in the circle when I click the button you ain't getting auras 😛

• Like 3

As a kin/, I typically target through the bad guys. The one remap I do on all my characters is to remap 't' to  find the nearest enemy. I just spam hitting 't' and heal, add endurance, fulcrum, shift and other fun debuffs. I also hit speed boost from time to time. That way the team mates who are doing their job (fighting baddies near me) get the full benefits of my awesomeness 😄 . Melees who run off away from the main party get squat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mousestalker said:

As a kin/, I typically target through the bad guys. The one remap I do on all my characters is to remap 't' to  find the nearest enemy. I just spam hitting 't' and heal, add endurance, fulcrum, shift and other fun debuffs. I also hit speed boost from time to time. That way the team mates who are doing their job (fighting baddies near me) get the full benefits of my awesomeness 😄 . Melees who run off away from the main party get squat.

If 2 people are targeting that enemy, how does it pick who get's the buff (in the case of single ally buffs)?  Whoever hit last?  This is a great idea, and I am going to steal it for my defender...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

12 hours ago, Queen Nefertiti said:

I do the opposite. I target team window with the mouse then use the number pad to fire the power. The weird thing about this iteration is the lack of interest in empathy. I've had teams almost wipe because despite my best efforts they scatter round the map and end up out of range. I've had a couple of arguments about the fact I can't heal through walls. Also telling a team to gather for buffs and they instantly run off into the nearest mob. Sorry scrapper/tank/blapper but if you aren't in the circle when I click the button you ain't getting auras 😛

There was an emp troller on a pug I was in today becoming frustrated because people on the team weren't gathering for buffs, but instead were on to the next mob as soon as the current one was finished. In truth the team was rolling along just fine with or without the buffs. My advice for playing the game in 2019 is to just fire off your buffs while the team is engaged with the current mob and relatively gathered together anyhow. This idea of stopping a steamrolling team in it's tracks is an artifact of the past, in the age of IOs, set bonuses and incarnates.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Moonshades said:

There was an emp troller on a pug I was in today becoming frustrated because people on the team weren't gathering for buffs, but instead were on to the next mob as soon as the current one was finished. In truth the team was rolling along just fine with or without the buffs. My advice for playing the game in 2019 is to just fire off your buffs while the team is engaged with the current mob and relatively gathered together anyhow. This idea of stopping a steamrolling team in it's tracks is an artifact of the past, in the age of IOs, set bonuses and incarnates.

This. I'll wait for the lead to aggro then move between him and the rangies and announce "buff in 5" and then fire it in 5 seconds. I keep zoomed out as much as practical and if someone is moving to me I'll wait the extra second or two.

• Like 1

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

Im curious if there would be a way to have one of the side mouse buttons, every time its clicked to cycle through the teammates

example: /bind mouseButton 5 “teamselect 1$$teamselect 2$$teamselect 3$$teamselect 4"

I know the above wont work but im curious if there is a bind that could get it to cycle. will experiment when i get home

14 hours ago, FrostyDelicious said:

Im curious if there would be a way to have one of the side mouse buttons, every time its clicked to cycle through the teammates

example: /bind mouseButton 5 “teamselect 1$$teamselect 2$$teamselect 3$$teamselect 4"

I know the above wont work but im curious if there is a bind that could get it to cycle. will experiment when i get home

Use a chain of files, each of which binds to select teammate X and loads the next to bind X+1? Number 8 selects teammate 8 and then loads the 1st file again.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 9:40 AM, Queen Nefertiti said:

I was told to 'chase me for buffs' once when I announced 'gather for buffs'. He didn't get his buffs. I can't be bothered with that.

On 8/6/2019 at 10:20 PM, Moonshades said:

If the team is steamrollering along and acting like a natural disaster then it's not a problem.  I buff where I can and heal as required. I generally only shout out when we are about to go after a particularly difficult AV, otherwise I just go in close and buff the melee characters. If someone particularly wants fortitude or clear mind then I prioritize them, otherwise I just try to keep it even handed.  I do agree that the old days of tanks taunting, blasters pulling, empaths healing have become blurred, and play styles from the old days aren't always required now, but low and mid range teams still benefit from recovery and regeneration aura.  Once you get your endurance and health sorted late 30's early 40's it becomes less of a problem, but even a level 50 can be hit by a sapper and experience that "oh poop" moment 🙂