So Does Anyojne Play at Work?

Thorazine

I have a unique job where I have to work an exteneded 16 hour shift once a week.  Due to the overnight 4pm to 8am nature of the job, there is a overnight office bedroom that I stay in on site. The bedroom has a TV but my work evenings lately have been super exciting.  Alas, I am getting much less sleep but I'll take it, idle time made active! 😁

"Stand By to Stand By"

When I can login from work, its via my computer remotely, due to work computer restrictions. And the remote software never works right with a mouse in-game for some reason. So if I'm doing it, I'm just sitting at the University in Steel Canyon, crafting and marketeering.

I'm out.

I have to do five hours of medical treatments several times a week.  I got a notepad laptop so that I can play while that's running.  Doesn't get fancy frame rates or graphics, but I can log in and solo a bit.  I use my phone's net connection because the clinic WiFi has out of bounds and inappropriate opinions about what websites I shouldn't be reading and what games I shouldn't be playing. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

26 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

I have to do five hours of medical treatments several times a week.  I got a notepad laptop so that I can play while that's running.  Doesn't get fancy frame rates or graphics, but I can log in and solo a bit.  I use my phone's net connection because the clinic WiFi has out of bounds and inappropriate opinions about what websites I shouldn't be reading and what games I shouldn't be playing. 

That sounds like a great way to make something unpleasant, much more pleasant...I hope the treatments are helping you feel better (at least in the long term, if not the short term as well)...

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Since I can't use my keyboard for movement via my remote desktop connection using TeamViewer for some reason, I had given up actually "playing" while I was at work. However...

Well well well, I just discovered the perfect mission for playing while I'm at work:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mender_Silos_Task_Force#Meet_up_with_Vindicators

About 20 seconds after you enter the mission, a series of ambushes come straight for you, even if you don't move an inch. Thus, I can set my notoriety to +1/x8, enter the mission, and blast to my heart's content just by clicking 1, 2, 3, etc etc until the ambushes stop coming. Then, I click the little crystal next to me to leave the mission, choose a different mission to reset, and start it all over again.

As a bonus, this mission gives you Ms. Liberty, Swan, and Mynx to start as allies, and for some reason their kills give you FULL XP, instead of the partial XP that I'd expect from like a mind controller's Phantom Army or a Confused mob... PROFIT!

spacer.pngimage.png.dda46e92533b07d404eea75b408ed673.png

Edited by The Philotic Knight
  • Thanks 1
I'm out.

Wow that sounds like it might be good even not playing that way! I'll have to look into it.  If you've got a farmer you could probably find or make a farm with ambushes simlar to that too.

There was this info on how to play from your phone with steam link:

I can't seem to get that control scheme he has though.   It only comes up with like xbox controller controls - ABYX and the 4 arrow keys none of which seem to do anything, it shows other controls I can add, but it doesn't actually work to add them most of the time, and doesn't remember the next time I open it.  I can can kind of get around by bringing up the kb and hitting e and q repeatedly which turns like a degree or less, then hitting r to go into auto run and turn it off.  It's extremely painful.  It does have a mouse which works - left button only though so I can't use mouselook, so I'll do a bit of creating converting and marketing enhancements if I remembered to log out in or near a u and remembered to convert enough merits to converters, but I couldn't see playing (perhaps that mender silos task force though.)

It also only goes to tequila if that's open, so I have to have remembered to launch the game and close tequila before I leave home, so the lunch marketing session doesn't happen often.

2 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Since I can't use my keyboard for movement via my remote desktop connection using TeamViewer for some reason, I had given up actually "playing" while I was at work. However...

Well well well, I just discovered the perfect mission for playing while I'm at work:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mender_Silos_Task_Force#Meet_up_with_Vindicators

About 20 seconds after you enter the mission, a series of ambushes come straight for you, even if you don't move an inch. Thus, I can set my notoriety to +1/x8, enter the mission, and blast to my heart's content just by clicking 1, 2, 3, etc etc until the ambushes stop coming. Then, I click the little crystal next to me to leave the mission, choose a different mission to reset, and start it all over again.

As a bonus, this mission gives you Ms. Liberty, Swan, and Mynx to start as allies, and for some reason their kills give you FULL XP, instead of the partial XP that I'd expect from like a mind controller's Phantom Army or a Confused mob... PROFIT!

spacer.pngimage.png.dda46e92533b07d404eea75b408ed673.png

So.... um.... remember how I posted this about two hours ago? Well, I thought I'd see just how awesome those ladies were, by literally not fighting at all, and just entering the mission with Personal Force Field up at +4/x8. Less than two hours later of doing this, and just resetting the mission every few minutes while I'm working... guess what?

image.png.fd230c3540c6a8c48327ffc4a70755e5.png

Uh, yeah... in less than an two hours, I bumped up from level 48 to level 50, without lifting a finger, and with no teammates aside from NPCs. Something about this seems... kinda broken to me... just saying...

I'm out.

I have a weird "always on" job where I'm always working, a lot of it is reactive, but it's never an emergency. So I do this about 14 hours/day and don't even feel bad about playing CoH for several hours about 1-2 days each week.

EDIT: I posted that as I laid down to take a nap. Welp! Back to work!

Edited by Replacement

I tried that arc, I screwed up and finished it with my bane... I was playing a rogue so it had me helping lord recluse, I was thinking I wasn't to the mission you were showing yet, so kept fighting AVs... at +2.  I thought it was odd when I was fighting statesman, manticore and one more at the same time.  I kept dying but I eventually killed them all flying up and killing whoever followed me, then going after the ones still on the ground.  Then it was over.  I realized after rereading that post that I'd screwed up because I was a rogue, and realized that I got ghost widow and black scorpion instead of the heroes.  GW and BS are useless punks, GW followed me and died somewhere before I even got to any AVs.  BS just sat there on the ramp up, I eventually dragged some AVs over to him since I was having trouble, they killed him lickety split.  

I'll have to try it with another character, I've almost got my brute to the level he can try it.

Yes, about 40% of the time I'm working from home and 50% of the time I'm doing something on CoX on one computer and another laptop running remote or autoCAD, etc.

I try to find a farmer that is willing to let me set to follow while I set my toon to autoBurn it helps agro and Ive got 500% regen so I just need to make sure I click Exit and enter once in while. 🙂