My Personal Mastermind Wishlist

Eoul

Not a long list, really. I mainly just wish I could customize my henchmen, and for the thugs, zombies, ninjas and mercs, choose what clothes they wear and what color. For those that aren't humanoid; demons, beasts and robots, just to be able to choose the colors they are. Ever since masterminds were first introduced with CoV, I've wished for this because it would allow the player to tailor their henchmen for the look they're going for for their character. So, if you wanted a mastermind that was in with The Family, you would take thugs and put them in suits, and so on.

And my fantasy Mastermind would be a Wyldfae mastermind.

First tier of henchmen would be fairies, prefer ranged, weak hitpoints

The model used would be the same as for the buff pets

First fairy would be a darkness / dark assault dominator

Second fairy would be an electric / storm summoning controller

Third would be a psychic blast / empathy corruptor

Second tier would be brownies, prefer melee, sneaky

The model would be standard hero, dressed appropriately, scaled down to 25% of average avatar height

First brownie would be broadsword / firey aura stalker

Second would be dual blades / ice armor stalker

(note the assassin strike powers would be disabled to prevent overpowered henchmen 🙂 the critical strike from hidden ability could be disabled, even. I just like the idea of sneaky brownies)

Final tier would be a troll, prefer melee

Model used would be same as Demon Prince, but pallet swapped reds for greens

Powers would be savage melee / regen brute

Thoughts? Other wishes?

• Like 1

I really wish we could customize the appearance of our MM pets.  As for my MM primary wish-list, here are a few I'd love to see become a reality:

1. Supers - Basically, you lead your own squad of superheroes; First tier would be something like blasters or scrappers, second tier would be a defender and tank, and 3rd tier would be a controller.

2. Either a medieval-like group or a D&D-inspired party;  1st tier would be footmen - 1 with a sword & shield, another with a 2-hander, 3rd with a spear/staff (maybe a cleric), 2nd tier would be archers or an archer and a rogue, and 3rd would be a wizard/mage.

3. Aliens - Either your classic "greys" or maybe just use the Rikti; 1st tier would be basic soldiers with energy blasters, 2nd tier would be alien scientists with weird experimental devices that buff/debuff/heal/control, and 3rd tier would be an overseer-type or alien in a powersuit that acts like a tank of sorts for the group.

• Like 3

There's all sorts of ones I'd love to see. 

* Longbow

* Arachnos

* Carnies

* Malta

* PPD

* Coralax

* Ghosts

* Legacy Chain

* Circle of Thorns

* Knives of Artemis

And probably a lot more I could think of.

I don't think it's likely for them to happen though, sadly. I'm still annoyed at the old devs' excuse that "well, we don't want people to make pimps" for not making female henchmen.

Give upgrade powers a purpose other than giving pets more attacks. Perhaps the pets all get some big attack they can perform once after getting the upgrade power cast on them. Let upgrade powers take pet enhancement set items so we can put the +resistance and +defense enhancements on the pet powers instead of cramming them on the pets which gives sets like demon and thug an advantage since they have an extra pet you can put this stuff on.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

* Longbow

* Arachnos

* Carnies

* Malta

* PPD

* Coralax

* Ghosts

* Legacy Chain

* Circle of Thorns

* Knives of Artemis

I don't think it's likely for them to happen though, sadly. I'm still annoyed at the old devs' excuse that "well, we don't want people to make pimps" for not making female henchmen.

Like that would stop anyone! My pimp on live used zombies because they were super obedient. Also, find it sexist to think you can’t pimp out your thugs or troops.

20 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

* Longbow

* Arachnos

* Carnies

* Malta

* PPD

* Coralax

* Ghosts

* Legacy Chain

* Circle of Thorns

* Knives of Artemis

What's funny is that when the game went F2P, anyone could basically create a 2nd account and have a female character just do that... *shrugs*

If they had created some generic MM templates when they were first creating MMs, they could have allowed you to just set various different costumes for your henchman.  My own thinking is that they were pressed for time, so went with the "hard coded" appearances that we ended up with...

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 7:50 AM, WumpusRat said:

As if it stopped my first MM calling her T3 bot 'Pleasure Bot 3000'.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

TBF, I think the MM pets being hard coded to be the mostly unique models was to have them stand out clearly from the crowd.

A Longbow skinned MM would lose their pets in a crowd of Longbow enemies, etc.

A creative mastermind could find a way to make their henches stand out in a crowd. Devs, please don't save me from myself.

• Like 1

All great ideas. 

I have zero issues with not allowing certain things so as not be offensive. EG Pimps. 

But it would be nice to have different skins for pets.. 

EG Mercs have different Merc skins, Demons have different Demons skins. ETC. 

Would be nice if we could pick the color of the flame and glowing heads on demons. 

Make it match the summon color ?

Again as was mentioned color code them differently to make them stand out a bit more from the common npc.

Personally I would just overall pet AI improvements or additions..  EG give pets a leash distance.. Meaning they will only stray X amount of distance from the Mastermind. I just hate when pets run off. 

Coming from a petless mastermind build or Semi Petless.

It would be nice if the game system could register your build and see how many pets are in your build and then rework your endurance cost on attack power accordingly. 

EG 3 pets based on their Tiers you pay the full price for your attacks.

But if your build only has Tier 1 or 2 or 3 then the endurance rates for attack powers would drop accordingly to help compensate for lack of pets. 

Also maybe like Arachnos soldier and Widow a different set of powers open up based on the build.

Overall would like to see more powers like Mystic Flight.  You get flight and Teleport.  Teleport is great for dropping into the middle of mobs on the right builds.

• Like 1

my personal wishes always been for them to redesign the last power in The Mastermind primaries to be some type of power that merges all the pets into one giant pet kind of like Voltron. I'm willing to let the struggle 32 to be twice as hard if it means this could happen.

• Haha 1

I always wanted pets that looked like superheroes/villains. Not zombies, bots, ninjas etc. Six pets wearing spandex, full masks, some with capes, auras etc. I would have made a team of Mexican superheroes and called them Mex-Force, or a team of Canadians named Zeta Flight.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

I always wanted pets that looked like superheroes/villains. Not zombies, bots, ninjas etc. Six pets wearing spandex, full masks, some with capes, auras etc. I would have made a team of Mexican superheroes and called them Mex-Force, or a team of Canadians named Zeta Flight.

Which was the reason why I wanted to be able to take my henches to the tailor/facemaker. Would still have to deal with whatever powers they came with, though, so there's that.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:09 PM, StrikerFox said:

If I had my 'drothers, (and any say in how MMs were implemented), I'd have the devs create them as "templates", where what you're selecting are their powersets, with their appearances being completely customizable.  If there were any concerns over how players would make their minions appear and/or treat them, well that would be covered under the code of conduct/EULA/ToS...

Edited by biostem

On 9/6/2019 at 3:40 PM, biostem said:

If I had my 'drothers, (and any say in how MMs were implemented), I'd have the devs create them as "templates", where what you're selecting are their powersets, with their appearances being completely customizable.  If there were any concerns over how players would make their minions appear and/or treat them, well that would be covered under the code of conduct/ULA/ToS...

YES! THIS! ALL OF THIS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1