REALLY Looking Forward to the Holiday Events!

Abraxus

After spending the last couple of years around Halloween, doing the Paragon Chat version of Trick-or-Treating, and also the glowie package opening during the Christmas season, I'm very much looking forward to doing the real thing on a live server this year! 

Anyone else jonesin' for some holiday CoH action?

• Like 6

What was no more, is REBORN!

My earliest CoH memory is christmas - superjump off a building, landing in the middle of a fight and suddenly being the center of attention.  Packages, snowmen, skiing.  good times!

Really looking forward to it again, but here's a question;

Once the Holiday stuff is available, should it be on all the time?

• Like 1

I don't know if it was a fevered dream, but in my addled memory, I seem to remember being in Atlas Park and a giant snow man lumbering through the city surrounded by an aura of snow fall and ground pack, and smaller snow man spawning around him. And having my lowbie toon face plant several times during the "event". I don't remember trick-or-treating but I remember discussions about how people had attained witches hats and some other costume bits. I wonder if the seasonal events will shake loose the cobwebs in my brain.

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

22 minutes ago, woreg said:

Lazarillo?  Lazer Armadillo, on Everlasting?

That's me (well, it's me on several servers, but Everlasting is my "primary").

What was it I was on your team for the other night?  I remember the nickname, but not the content.

Edited by Lazarillo

1 hour ago, woreg said:

My earliest CoH memory is christmas - superjump off a building, landing in the middle of a fight and suddenly being the center of attention.  Packages, snowmen, skiing.  good times!

The official HC answer was no...just for the appropriate holidays...except for Summer Blockbuster which was made permanent.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

6 hours ago, woreg said:

You can, of course, go skiing and bobsledding at the winter resort off Pocket D any time you like. You can even collect the badges.

If you really need a wintry holiday fix, go talk to Null the Gull and have him send you to the winter zone ( I don't recall the name offhand). There is a decorated tree and a cozy little cottage and a frozen lake with a little ice ramp/jump.

Me, I'm looking forward to trick-or-treat monster stomping on that one street in Sharkhead with six doors close to one another, or that motel on Peregrine Island with like what is it, eight doors?  I currently have a Mastermind at something like 40 who already wears a Pumpkin head, so this'll be an easy matter of dropping patches, clicking doors and letting me minions start auto-attacking.  It's a glorious holiday chaos!

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

22 hours ago, Rocketeur said:

I don't remember trick-or-treating but I remember discussions about how people had attained witches hats

The Witches Hat is I believe is unlocked by running the Katie Hannon TF and I thought it was available as part of a Costume Pack later on.

The Halloween Event can never run long enough for me, between Trick or Treating *, Zombie Apocalypse Being almost Constant and the Mysterious Floating Island appearing with its Haunted House and Festive Pumpkins in Croatoa, it's has a lot of Variety and is a Blast.

*Trick or Treat ( Click on any Inactive Mission Door anywhere and Receive Halloween Salvage, Halloween Temp Costume Powers ( with Badges Awarded based on how many Unique Costumes you have acquired) or Several Baddies Jump out and try to thump on you )

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Wait, Croatoa gets a mysterious island during Halloween???

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I am so pathetically excited that I have already created both my Halloween and my Holiday costumes in anticipation!  I can't wait for ToT!!!  Thinking about the presents and Baby New Year makes me a bit giddy, so I am trying to tame it by focusing on ToT. For now.  :P    

• Like 1

If I remember right, the winter event includes a Frosty badge. Looking forward to getting that on my scrapper Milk Sheik. Also, wasn’t there an EB of the winter queen who had lots of -recharge?

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

On 9/6/2019 at 8:02 PM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Wait, Croatoa gets a mysterious island during Halloween???

Yes, it is floating in the sky above the Lake. At least it used to. I think it was added in one of the later issues.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I have made an archery/devices blaster for the specific purpose of trick or treat.  /Devices is the queen of trick or treat. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 9/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, Abraxus said:

After spending the last couple of years around Halloween, doing the Paragon Chat version of Trick-or-Treating, and also the glowie package opening during the Christmas season, I'm very much looking forward to doing the real thing on a live server this year! 

Anyone else jonesin' for some holiday CoH action?

Yes!  Though my alt-oholism meant I ran the same mission about 50 times each holiday so everyone got the badge, lol.