Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Okay, here's my take: Staticat, a cybernetically enhanced felinoid whose electrical powers make her fur poofy.
staticat.costume

staticat2.thumb.png.d4d76bd173a35448295726420d3f188b.png
Also, did they shrink the max total file size allowed?  I kept getting a message that said only 774 kB, and I could swear it used to be more than that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

8 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

Gratefully accepting ideas for an Elec/Shield/Mu Stalker build.  Open to all body types.  Worth considering something small and animalistic or even tall/alien.  Less is more. Thanks!

916652343_Screenshot(142).png.7b816691babc0f6627b95a5a846586a5.png

I wanted to call her "Miss Liberty But She's Not A Disapointment To Her Parents" but that's too many characters

Miss Liberty But Hot.costume

• Like 1

Resident certified baby

6 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

That is some amazing work with tights and colors and the shield / eyes. Wow! thanks.

I use a variant of the design for my obligatory "Stars and Stripes Super", but im glad you liked it, thank you,

Resident certified baby

1254774362_Screenshot(143).png.5d317e272d6bd08a3380373f019935d5.png

Ive been trying to make the Compensator work, it's one of the pistols quite lacking in the customization department and has it's role as "big hand gun" filled out much better by other pistols (the default semi-auto comes to mind). Since I'd been thining about Remaking the Merc/Emp Master Mind I have on excelsior into a solo character for everlasting, I decided to try her out and wouldnt you know it, she really rocks them. Im personally a total sucker for the Maelstrom pistols, but they look TINY on her and while I adore them overall, they really dont fit her "what if John Mclaine, Rambo, and Han Solo had a baby together and she was a girl" energy.

1449503350_Screenshot(144).png.174ada8c5f48078b45ea66ff40f7aa67.png

One problem Im facing though is the same problem ive had with her in the past - I LOVE this look, and I have no ideas for alternate outfits.

For reference, this is her bio;

Anita Vanhorne is a very direct, simple woman. She likes money, she likes luxury, she likes power, and she likes good company - in that order. Anita has strived to push herself to meet her needs by whatever means necessary and has never had qualms about doing something morally wrong for a material gain. She long since discovered it is best to play both sides of a conflict if you want to get ahead, and the situation with the ongoing struggles between super powered heroes and villains has been no different. Both sides need skilled hands, both sides have the money to pay those hands. Though, Anita is keenly aware that only one of those sides has a tendency to "remove" people they find problematic. So while Arachnos typically pays better, she knows who'd she choose if it really came down to it...

Any questions for further feedback feel free to ask. Im looking for whatever you can conjure - alt battle outfits, casual wear, ya got carte blanche because im dead out of ideas.

AnitaAlone.costume

Edited by Redletter
Added Costume File

Resident certified baby

This is a bit simplistic, but honestly I don't know what to follow up your awesome costume with, either.
It occurred to me that the costume you showed us could get a bit warm in summer, though, so I thought I'd make an outfit that was a bit lighter for warmer weather.  It's also a bit more casual, so maybe this was more of a starting-out costume?
Anyway, I hope you like it.

anita1.costume

I would've included a pic, but it says the max size I can upload is only 156 kB.  I never had problems with this before.  What's going on???

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

• 2 weeks later

Ok, I need help/inspiration. Want to do a Plant/Savage Dom but I hate everything I come up with in the costume design, have deleted 3 so far.

Just not feeling the plant options available.

So male body, nature themed is my first instinct but I am not tied to it, open to any ideas at this point.

41 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

Ok, I need help/inspiration. Want to do a Plant/Savage Dom but I hate everything I come up with in the costume design, have deleted 3 so far.

So male body, nature themed is my first instinct but I am not tied to it, open to any ideas at this point.

I did a satyr type character for a Plants/Savage dom.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SuperPlyx said:

Was aiming for mythologically wild meets modernity:

FauneSauvage.thumb.jpg.55f56f3b7c923513a6e8257cdec0fa5a.jpg

Faune Sauvage.costume

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

She hates everything too....

Planted02.jpg

😮

Wow! This looks amazing!  Can you post a standing front shot so that I can shamelessly rip this off get the full effect?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mashugana said:

silver age power armor

image.png.933f71178b0dfaa4361a26394c6e5a08.png Silver age is a bit tough.

Silver Age.costume

image.png.1ef527ed2f70388a2850f664b60229a5.png Putting chest piece es over metal upper & lower body has worked well for me. The chest piece, arms, boots and helmet than add the flavor. Alternate.costume

image.png.681221b8b10c85b9c163c8038c885ed9.pngimage.png.49292088fb5e0ea70f3e7d7758c5ccb8.png

Steam.costume

Add the attached costume files to the costume folder and they should be available then in game. ..\City of Heroes\Costumes

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Mashugana said:

I'd like to make a steam punk or silver age power armor character - any suggestions? The older costume sets seem simpler, better for this like Tech Banded, Tech Wired, and Steampunk. I just cannot make it work 🙂

Thanks for any suggestions.

When I logged in to try to come up with something, this is what randomly came up in the creator right off the bat:

SAP.thumb.jpg.59be31dfcdce7622cb904450bf1640c7.jpg

Really did not feel a need to stray too far:

SA.thumb.jpg.298d328c8d126315d2dcffaab4f5f284.jpg

• Like 1