Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

I am looking for more ideas and looks for my DP/MC blaster hero, Cosplay Avenger. I have Hitgirl, Lara Croft, Trinity, The Baroness from G.I. Joe and Jubilee. I also have a Steampunk and Space girl outfit that I am not tied to since they are not specific characters. I was looking at making a Tracer from Overwatch costume, but I didn't come up with anything I liked.

I need some fresh ideas and any costumes you can come up with.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later
On 11/13/2021 at 9:23 PM, Marshal_General said:

I am looking for more ideas and looks for my DP/MC blaster hero, Cosplay Avenger. I have Hitgirl, Lara Croft, Trinity, The Baroness from G.I. Joe and Jubilee. I also have a Steampunk and Space girl outfit that I am not tied to since they are not specific characters. I was looking at making a Tracer from Overwatch costume, but I didn't come up with anything I liked.

I need some fresh ideas and any costumes you can come up with.

Thanks.

Tried my luck with Tracer anyway

Tracer.jpg

Tracer.costume

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

This isn't so much a 'request', as just me wondering...if you had to, what would you do with this character?

Oz2VcYg.png

Would you keep him as-is?

xLrWRjz.jpg

Or, would you change him up, give him something that isn't so similar in color? I was always going to give him a suit jacket as I liked the idea of a well dressed demon and loved the juxtaposition of him 'looking nice' when he's this horrible creature. The kilt only came about as a result of compromise, after I decided I wanted the insectoid feet. But, those were my preferences. What would you do?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LikeRacerX said:

Would you keep him as-is?

Its a good costume. Eye catching.

Or, would you change him up, give him something that isn't so similar in color? I was always going to give him a suit jacket as I liked the idea of a well dressed demon and loved the juxtaposition of him 'looking nice' when he's this horrible creature. The kilt only came about as a result of compromise, after I decided I wanted the insectoid feet. But, those were my preferences. What would you do?

Well, you could draw inspiration from:

Lucifer-true-identity-devil-face-1308751

1 hour ago, LikeRacerX said:

This isn't so much a 'request', as just me wondering...if you had to, what would you do with this character?

In general I think it's a good look, but I'd do something about the flat matte blackness of it all. I get the tendency to want to go for a "how much more black could it be?" approach (the answer is none. None more black), but you lose depth doing that and it ends up looking sort of shapeless, gets hard to tell where he ends and the suit begins. Experiment with the far-left side of the color palette a bit; try the darkest possible red, the darkest possible blue, the darkest possible green in different combinations alongside black (or dark grays).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

8 hours ago, LikeRacerX said:

I have no idea who that is, but he looks cool.

Also, is that question at the end part of your post, or is that a signature?

Its Lucifer from the television show of the same name.

As yeah, the bit at the end is signature. I am repeatedly annoyed by people not including data chunks.

Hi folks,

So, this is Ann Ionic, a Rogue Elec Sentinel who I've portrayed as basically just a woman member of the Outcasts.  I've got two outfits for her which I'm satisfied with.  One that's "A Lead Shocker, only as a woman," and another that's the villain equivalent of "throw on an armored top for Casual Friday."

I'm looking for another look or two that says something a little more "career supervillain."  I'd like to stick with the dark blue and white color scheme (but I'm open to alternatives if something strikes you); when I've used a third color (like to give the shoulders or belt some contrast), it tends to be a copper/bronze tone.

Anyone who comes up with an idea, I'm all ears.  Thanks!

EDIT TO ADD: Holy Cow those shots are like, potato-quality.  I'll try to get some better ones later, but those at least convey where she's going with it.

AnnIonic1.jpg

AnnIonic2.jpg

Edited by Generator
Add pics.

6 hours ago, Generator said:

I'm looking for another look or two that says something a little more "career supervillain."  I'd like to stick with the dark blue and white color scheme (but I'm open to alternatives if something strikes you); when I've used a third color (like to give the shoulders or belt some contrast), it tends to be a copper/bronze tone.

Possibly a bit too much, but...

image.png.7d3e7040a6e7bee400e5c23cdecc0ce3.png

image.png.05bab62f5513faa9f1f7a7664b05604c.png

outcast sentinel.costume

• Thanks 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

7 hours ago, Generator said:

I went with a little red in the costume, but please feel free to tailor it to your liking:

ann ionic1.jpg

ann ionic1.costume

• Thanks 1

Just now, EdgeOfDreams said:

Any ideas or suggestions on how to make a Claws/Stone Armor Scrapper look good?

I like the new minimal Stone Armor options, especially the crystal version, but I'm having trouble making the claws fit in, since we don't really have any crystal or elemental claws options.

Glowing crystals with the lightblades might be an option to try.

1 hour ago, EdgeOfDreams said:

Any ideas or suggestions on how to make a Claws/Stone Armor Scrapper look good?

I like the new minimal Stone Armor options, especially the crystal version, but I'm having trouble making the claws fit in, since we don't really have any crystal or elemental claws options.

Perhaps go minimalistic and do something like Omega gloves + Widow blades:

omega gloves + widow blades.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. One problem is that once you get Brimstone Armor, it adds geometry on your forearms that clashes with any of those big gloves.

EDIT: I'm seriously thinking about creating a super generic character and leveling them up for a while just so I can see how the claws look with the armors active, THEN making the costume and renaming them.

Edited by EdgeOfDreams
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Generator said:

Liked your first costume quite a bit so decided to riff off it while trying not to stray too far even if it is five color:

AnnIonic.thumb.jpg.ad6ad8b974a6ce7ffd47b29f78efea2b.jpg

AnnIonic.costume

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Generator said:

So, this is Ann Ionic, a Rogue Elec Sentinel who I've portrayed as basically just a woman member of the Outcasts.

I'm looking for another look or two that says something a little more "career supervillain."

It was a little tougher than I thought it would be to come up with something that gets across both "Outcast" and also "this person is, individually, a major threat." Hopefully this hits that way?

Club hair because it sticks up in the back and creates that "electricity making the hair stand on end" Bride of Frankenstein look without venturing into Looney Tunes territory.

Cybertech jacket to add a little extra and suggest "street punk" while also providing a glowy bit to help get the electricity thing across (maybe she's powering it herself?).

Metal rings on the arms because... I don't know. They help conduct electricity? They look cool and comic book-y and a bit of extra bling makes her feel more important, like she's graduated past being a rank-and-file elemental goon.

I went a little harder on yellow/gold because while I know real electricity isn't that color, there's a pop-culture association there and I think it helps as a sort of visual shorthand that this otherwise blue-and-white character is an electricity person and not an ice person.

Hope this helps!

ionic.png

gotmyIONyou.costume

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

1 hour ago, Generator said:

Big thanks to both of you,@Erratic1 @Mjolnerd  I'll have some fun with those next time I log in.  I started working with the other two last night after Ann helped save the Faultline Dam, but didn't finish with them.

Again, much appreciated, thanks to all of you!

Generator

What's the saying? "Lesser artists borrow, great artists steal."

With apologies to @Mjolnerd, I'll at least borrow here....

AnnIonic2.thumb.jpg.8139aa0694ed398ec370537dbf8611e9.jpg

AnnIonic2.costume

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

So I was experimenting with some combinations of the work done by both @Erratic1 and @Mjolnerd

The more I looked at the Club hair, the less it felt like her, so I'm trying it in a ponytail.  Erratic, no joke, I had been looking at a V-belt at almost the exact same time you posted your take on the other costume, GMTA! 😄 I kept her same face instead of the Supernatural one, but added the aura effect to her eyes as well to punch it up a little.  I'm torn on the boots.  I tried them in white, but then I felt they looked like go-go boots from like 1967 or something.  So I'm still experimenting between the bronze or the same blue as the pants.  Ditto the shoulders; I like the bands, but I'm also trying out the roman segmented pieces from Erratic's take.

WIP below.

For the zillionth time today, thanks to all of you that's been suggesting stuff!

Generator

Ann_by_Mjolnerd.png

EDIT TO ADD: I tinkered some more with this costume, adding in the Roman Pauldrons that @Erratic1used in the version they made of @Mjolnerd 's efforts.  I dig it!  Loving the Cyberpunk vest.  Never used it before, and I can just about guarantee you that no one has been this enthused about getting a new vest since Yelena Belova.  😄

New version attached.  I was also experimenting with a different top here, went to Yakuza 3.  I think the pants, I need a textured option rathr than the smooth tights.  But I really like where this is going.  Thanks again to both of you!

Hmm, my phone isn't uploading the new pic, so I'll attach it later, but thanks!

2nd EDIT: here she is, thanks to both of you for the suggestions! (Pants were changed to "Leather Armor" selection.)

Ann_by_Mjolnerd_v2.png.263c0fa8ac876f8f996a877374e4a3ee.png

Edited by Generator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey gang, Im trying to make a Magic Stalker, I kinda just love SJ on them, and i thought that MAYBE I'd make them like, a Rularu kinda charater? Like a follower or something? The big magic book in the super base and the theme of eyes just got me thinking of like, a bloodborne hunter meets the Living Spellbook? I have NO idea how to get there, since like, my only encounter with Rularu was in the scrpited Oroboros incarnate mission where you just face roll every strike boss? And I didnt even notice he wasnt just a part of the background.

So yeah, I guess this is more a prompt? How would YOU go about making a rularu themed wizard?

8f91c3571a339c5288418dcb665e1f09.jpg

Resident certified baby