Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

On 3/28/2022 at 12:25 PM, Crysis said:

...and her more modern Superhero costume version.

Tina_Hero.gif

Looks great, I love the addition of the Fortune cape! Glad I could help.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

6 hours ago, TungstenShark said:

Impressive replication of the whole Iron First look!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
It is a mod created by a former player named Electro, not me. It replaces the ornate chest detail 2 and the hook face mask detail I think. It can only be viewed client side.

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

Freedom Reborn (mod community for the Freedom Force RTS game),

Love them!
Remember Dr Mike 2000?
I still have The Strangers and Tales Of The Navigator installed!
I had a Marvel vs DC mod that would slow my computer to a crawl, but I loved watching the battles on auto. If I remember right it usually came down to Thor fighting Superman in a pile of corpses...
https://www.alexff.com/mods.php

On 3/29/2022 at 7:38 AM, Erratic1 said:

Oh the joys of wrestling with Tech Sleek. My character Mind Blaze (male) worked with that costume and color theme (less the gold). 

I am guessing you are leaning more heavily into the Emma Frost side of things for color while leaning more Carol Danvers in costume feel (warrior versus pyschic). At a first go, I thought I would try dropping gold from the costume and not wandering too far from the base you've provided. Then I added the gold back in, included a chest symbol to match the name and the one on Captain Marvel's costume. Shame the Alpha chest aura sits away from the body on women otherwise I would have gone for the effect you see in my avatar image to the left:

EmmaDanvers.thumb.jpg.3815311db99f515c922864b335677a67.jpg  EmmaDanvers2.thumb.jpg.70366208024754c02442c15580a27cc3.jpg

EmmaDanvers.costume 6.49 kB · 0 downloads    EmmaDanvers2.costume 6.51 kB · 0 downloads

Work permitting, I will try to update this post with another costume later today.

These both look great! I think minimizing the gold is the way to go. Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later

I am attempting to do something terrible and meme-y, and make a gura chan outfit for my shark girl. This is where im at, if anyone has a better idea on how to try and replicate the look, I'd appreciate it as this idea makes me laugh hysterically. 

terrible cosplay idea.jpg

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2022 at 3:24 PM, Crysis said:

I never really came back to show you how I ended up with Tailgunner Tina.

I liked both of your costumes, so one became my "Show" costume for Bond Rally's and the other became my modernized crime fighting costume.

For both, I changed hairstyle and face as I was really liking the Sci Fi face with the beauty mark.  And because I fiddled with hairstyles (went with Beverly Thrills) I could incorporate the short Fortune cape which gave her that much needed 'flourish' that all dual pistoleers should have.  The hairbow really help to set things off for both as well.

So two different costumes, both thanks to you two, but something to tie them both together as uniquely Tailgunner TIna.

Thanks to both of you @Mjolnerd and @biostem

Here's her "classic" Bond Rally costume.....

Tina_Classic.gif

Masked Shrike and Proud Citizen also had WWII-era characters. She even had one named Pin-Up Girl. She’s no longer on Deviantart, unfortunately, so all the great art she commissioned is gone, but he’s still there. (https://www.deviantart.com/wemblyfraggle)

Here’s a fake magazine I mocked up way back when using art she had made combined with a real copy of Look:

https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Look-It-s-the-Masked-Shrike-152772327

C417-B79-F-6-B6-F-4345-81-BA-980-ECE6785

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Trike said:

Masked Shrike and Proud Citizen also had WWII-era characters. She even had one named Pin-Up Girl. She’s no longer on Deviantart, unfortunately, so all the great art she commissioned is gone, but he’s still there. (https://www.deviantart.com/wemblyfraggle)

Here’s a fake magazine I mocked up way back when using art she had made combined with a real copy of Look:

I need to read that Reducing Diet article.

11 hours ago, Trike said:

Ive got a real thing for WW2 era superheroes.  This is great!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Trike said:

Proud Citizen and Pin-Up Girl are good people! The extensive mythos she had written up for Pin-Up Girl and a group of WW II-era new media-themed superheroes directly inspired my character Newsreel and we even did a joint commission once with Pin-Up Girl and my character Satin Doll forever preserved by my pal Carlos Valenzuela. He went on to do a lot of cover work for IDW.

The title of the comic "Late Edition" and Muck-Raker all comes from (or was inspired by) Pin-Up's extensive mythology.

https://www.virtueverse.net/wiki/PinUp_Girl

Oh! And fetish model Miss Mosh gave her okay for her likeness to serve as the basis for Satin Doll. I think the pose may have been from one of her pictures.

I met all these folks mostly on DA, just commissioning and chatting. CoH and Deviant Art had great communities back in the day! Met a lot of awesome folks!

newsreel1.png.4f3988efd37a3f1ec03710937ff08244.pngnewsreel2.png.4d6c71217f65f40e00084fcda7a2b8f6.pngnewsreel3.png.757fd73425f8687b89c59e69b0bd56d2.pngValz_SatinDoll_PinUpGirl_final2.thumb.jpg.616a3e5ac1067f51d4140c7cfc28f3cc.jpgsatindoll1.png.1011b9e423348bf3082af48ac0e56457.png

Edited by Attache
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

2 hours ago, Attache said:

Proud Citizen and Pin-Up Girl are good people! The extensive mythos she had written up for Pin-Up Girl and a group of WW II-era new media-themed superheroes directly inspired my character Newsreel and we even did a joint commission once with Pin-Up Girl and my character Satin Doll forever preserved by my pal Carlos Valenzuela. He went on to do a lot of cover work for IDW.

The title of the comic "Late Edition" and Muck-Raker all comes from (or was inspired by) Pin-Up's extensive mythology.

https://www.virtueverse.net/wiki/PinUp_Girl

Oh! And fetish model Miss Mosh gave her okay for her likeness to serve as the basis for Satin Doll. I think the pose may have been from one of her pictures.

I met all these folks mostly on DA, just commissioning and chatting. CoH and Deviant Art had great communities back in the day! Met a lot of awesome folks!

newsreel1.png.4f3988efd37a3f1ec03710937ff08244.pngnewsreel2.png.4d6c71217f65f40e00084fcda7a2b8f6.pngnewsreel3.png.757fd73425f8687b89c59e69b0bd56d2.pngValz_SatinDoll_PinUpGirl_final2.thumb.jpg.616a3e5ac1067f51d4140c7cfc28f3cc.jpgsatindoll1.png.1011b9e423348bf3082af48ac0e56457.png

4 hours ago, Crysis said:

Ive got a real thing for WW2 era superheroes.  This is great!

These are terrific. I don’t have any WWII characters at the moment, but back on Live I had Liberty Ace, who was a Code Talker, and his grandson who took up the mantle in modern day. (The far future of 2005!) Also Major Mighty, mentor to Mighty Lad. I also had a whole thing about Miss/Ms. America being a hero designation assigned to various women during each era, so there was a 1940s version.

Some are on my Alt Alphabet lineup: https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Alt-Alphabet-114482941

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would like help in making a costume based off of the following description.  The character happens to use dual pistols.

Description: His red hair that reaches down his elbow is worn in a ponytail.  Both of his eyebrows are rounded.  His right eye is storm grey in color while over his left eye he wears a leather eyepatch.  He has a medium-sized upturned nose.  He has a well-trimmed circular beard.  He wears black jeans with a belt that has a large buckle of a fanged skull.  On both of his hands he wears a black leather fingerless glove.  A black leather gun holster that holds a gun is worn on both his pants’ upper legs.  The black leather knee-high biker boots he wears are capped with sturdy metal tips.

4 hours ago, captainstar said:

Another way to hold swords would be cool...

It would appear you're actually looking for this thread.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

On 4/22/2022 at 3:31 PM, Calartuir said:

I would like help in making a costume based off of the following description.  The character happens to use dual pistols.

Description: His red hair that reaches down his elbow is worn in a ponytail.  Both of his eyebrows are rounded.  His right eye is storm grey in color while over his left eye he wears a leather eyepatch.  He has a medium-sized upturned nose.  He has a well-trimmed circular beard.  He wears black jeans with a belt that has a large buckle of a fanged skull.  On both of his hands he wears a black leather fingerless glove.  A black leather gun holster that holds a gun is worn on both his pants’ upper legs.  The black leather knee-high biker boots he wears are capped with sturdy metal tips.

I don't want to sound mean, here, but many of the features you described could only really be portrayed via the character bio.  You can either have a belt with the skull or the pistol holsters, but unfortunately not both.  You could use the Goldbricker belt, which has a distinct belt buckle, but only a single pistol holster.  As for the boots, you could select the tucked in option, and go with something like the sinister boots, which do have toe caps.  Regardless, here's my attempt:

pistol concept1.jpg

pistol concept1.costume

• Like 1

Due to a recent experience on another social media platform, I've decided to make a new character - The Shadow Ban.

Beyond the name, however, I have next to no inspiration for the character.  I figure he, she, or it will be a Stalker or an Illusion Controller (even though I have one of those already), but no costume ideas come to mind.  Though I suppose that makes makes some kind of meta-sense, really, when you think about it.  So once again, I'm leaning on the community's creativity... with the hopes that not everyone will take the name as a call to action in itself.  Or non-action, I suppose.

Nothing off-limits, no "have-to-haves," hit me with what you got.

8 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Due to a recent experience on another social media platform, I've decided to make a new character - The Shadow Ban.

Beyond the name, however, I have next to no inspiration for the character.  I figure he, she, or it will be a Stalker or an Illusion Controller (even though I have one of those already), but no costume ideas come to mind.  Though I suppose that makes makes some kind of meta-sense, really, when you think about it.  So once again, I'm leaning on the community's creativity... with the hopes that not everyone will take the name as a call to action in itself.  Or non-action, I suppose.

Nothing off-limits, no "have-to-haves," hit me with what you got.

Dark powers, obviously, but also wielding a hammer, a nod back in the day to Nerf Hammer and Ban Hammer.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I need some costume help! I'm having major costume creation block and just keep recycling the same costumes.

My character is called Blightling, and she is the result of a CoT ritual. 

She is a plant/dark controller and her colour themes are blue, black and grey.

Below are her current costumes. 

Not really sure if i like the mask or not tbh and i cant remember why i chose it in the first place.

thanks!

Edited by WitchofDread

I wasn't sure how human you wanted this character to be, so just for fun I tried something that felt a little more monstrous.  I like the Bio-Organic eyes peeking through the eyeholes of the mask.  It really just feels... off.
Anyway, I hope you like it.

blightlingmonster.costume

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

• 1 month later

I want to make a Dark/Dark Defender but instead of being dark and gloomy I want to swing to the other extreme and be over-the-top bright and cheerful. So I've made RainbowKittySparkles, but I have no idea what to do for the costume. I futzed around on test but couldn't really get anywhere I was happy with. Please help? I'm open to anything so long as it fits the silly happy name.