brigg

17 hours ago, brigg said:

If you want to be added, send me:

Costume File*

The name you want – Character or Global

Body Type

Awesome-sauce!
Messaged on Discord!

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

8 hours ago, Redlynne said:

For those of us who don't discord ... can we just send you a PM via the forums here?

Absolutely.

• Like 1

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

7 hours ago, Jeneki said:

This mission could spoof itself for a few hours, and gave every baddie a blank white outfit named GENERIC126484.  At least I'd laugh if I walked in and saw that.

That is hilarious and not a bad idea. 

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

15 minutes ago, Mister Britain said:

Do we need our characters to be of a certain level?

No, but the idea of the farm is adding player costumes that others will recognize - even if it's a only a couple of your friends. But I'm not limiting it to this. If you have a character that you yourself enjoy and would like to see in here, I'm not apposed to adding it. Keep in mind, eventually, I will have to start limiting characters from individuals to 1 if I receive enough. So for now, send what you want to see in the AE Arc. 

@Blackbird71

You definitely have some valid points in there. But it all came down to - why risk it. A costly litigation on something that makes no profit isn't worth it. And I definitely don't want to be the one that brings down servers.

Edited by brigg
  • Like 6

What stinks the most is I really enjoyed all the characters you used. Everytime I thought I saw them all another familiar face came up.

Is there any other way to get you the info besides discord? I don't use it currently and prefer not to. If there is not it's no biggie. But man I would love to see Agent R22 in there. 

1 hour ago, VoyVod said:

I sent a few in Facebook messenger. I attached the costume file with each name.
That ok? 

Absolutely. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

@briggyou may have missed my Discord message, please take a look when you can! 🙂

Just messaged you back a moment ago. I checked the story, and somehow, the Story Contact, a generic television, was set to None. Not sure how that happened. But it's fixed and ready to go. It also has the CoH Community costumes in it! I'm still adding more, but there's 100 costumes in there so far.

1 hour ago, Nafsmar said:

What stinks the most is I really enjoyed all the characters you used. Everytime I thought I saw them all another familiar face came up.

Is there any other way to get you the info besides discord? I don't use it currently and prefer not to. If there is not it's no biggie. But man I would love to see Agent R22 in there. 

You can PM me here with the Character.costume file, Character name, and Body Type. 

Edited by brigg
  • Thanks 1

The new Bloody Rainbow as well as the rest of the Comic Con farms are all updated as of last night! However, I'm still not done adding costumes! There are about 150 uploaded so far with quite a bit to go. So if you've sent me your character.costume file, it will be uploaded. 

• Thanks 1

Im all for the compliance effort, but it kind of bummed me out a little to go from your really well done homage costumes to some questionably bad community submissions.

I know people are honored to have their costumes and characters included, but man... up your game, people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, SlimPickens said:

Im all for the compliance effort, but it kind of bummed me out a little to go from your really well done homage costumes to some questionably bad community submissions.

I know people are honored to have their costumes and characters included, but man... up your game, people.

That's a little subjective, isn't it? 

Folks who submitted those costumes (myself included) will often be the first to admit they might not be the shoe-in favorite to win Costume Contests in Atlas Park.  But, we offered them in the spirit with which the request for them was delivered.  We offered them, because we loved spending time with these characters, and thought it would be cool to see them immortalized in this farming mission. 

That this could end up turning into a critique of folks levels of imagination, creativity, and abilities with the costume creator never occurred to me, or anyone else.

• Thanks 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 hour ago, Abraxus said:

That's a little subjective, isn't it? 

Folks who submitted those costumes (myself included) will often be the first to admit they might not be the shoe-in favorite to win Costume Contests in Atlas Park.  But, we offered them in the spirit with which the request for them was delivered.  We offered them, because we loved spending time with these characters, and thought it would be cool to see them immortalized in this farming mission. 

That this could end up turning into a critique of folks levels of imagination, creativity, and abilities with the costume creator never occurred to me, or anyone else.

This. 

Also, I just want to point this out. In order to keep XP as high as I could, you have to have a specific balance of Minion - Lieutenant - Boss ratio. If not, the XP plummets. I'm randomizing ranks as much as possible. I will admit, Granted, I have reserved some Boss ranks for my team who originally helped with playtesting and tweaking the Comic Con Farms, but for the most part I'm just going through a list. And I'm doing this before ever seeing your costumes, so please don't think you were set as Minion for any reason other than random. If I could make everyone Bosses, I would! Unfortunately, XP would be sliced down horribly.

• Thanks 2

Submitted mine. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the Bloody Rainbow Fire Farm. Would get a kick out of seeing my character in one of your farms. Though if you've run out of room in the Fire farm, my character would work well for the Smashing/Lethal farm since he uses Super Strength.

Thanks for all your hard work in making the mindless task of farming more entertaining and convenient!

59 minutes ago, Captain Citadel said:

Submitted mine. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the Bloody Rainbow Fire Farm. Would get a kick out of seeing my character in one of your farms. Though if you've run out of room in the Fire farm, my character would work well for the Smashing/Lethal farm since he uses Super Strength.

Thanks for all your hard work in making the mindless task of farming more entertaining and convenient!

I'm still adding costumes! However, I may be getting to a point where I might have to minimize submissions. Like many of you, I, myself, have multitudes of characters that have a special meaning, so some people are sending a dozen. I try to pick at least 2 from those lists. Sometimes 3 or 4. But I may have to narrow those down to 2. Every time I update the Arc with the new additions, there's a Stability Maintenance announced. I'm sure it can't be because of me (I hope not), but it makes me consider limiting costumes. Currently, it is around 190 costumes uploaded with another 30 (and still growing) to go. 

I haven't fully uploaded all the S&L versions yet, however, there are quite a bit in there. I will be uploading for both. I have to manually create each avatar and load the file. If I try to simply copy and paste the file code directly into a file, anyone that has a weapon bugs the avatar - since they use Fiery Aura and Fire Blast (No weapons). 

Hi Brigg, I just went into Bloody Rainbow #125 for a run with the new costumes and it is not very smooth.

Not a technical person so probably not describing this correctly but the characters are jagging/rubberbanding a tiny bit, just enough to make it unpleasant.

They did all look great though so I hope whatever is causing it can be fixed and I do think this is a wonderful idea.

12 hours ago, Grumps said:

Hi Brigg, I just went into Bloody Rainbow #125 for a run with the new costumes and it is not very smooth.

Not a technical person so probably not describing this correctly but the characters are jagging/rubberbanding a tiny bit, just enough to make it unpleasant.

They did all look great though so I hope whatever is causing it can be fixed and I do think this is a wonderful idea.

If I had to guess it's that player costumes have particle effects like auras, etc. that Brigg wouldn't have included on the original costumes designed for a farm. Maybe lower your graphics settings?

14 hours ago, Grumps said:

This is actually why I may have to limit costumes from Players. Unfortunately, not everyone's computer is going to be able to handle all the costume uploads. With the original Comic Con costumes at around 150, every once in a while, I would be told it would lag and they weren't able to run it. With the Player costumes, I'm at about 250. Some cutbacks may be in order.

54 minutes ago, PrinceTycho said:

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, but is it possible to make copies of the Freedom Phalanx's costumes for it, or use their models? Since those would be the costumes most likely to be seen at comic cons in Paragon City.

Recreating the Freedom Phalanx or any other NCSoft character is still violating CoC if I read it correctly. A ready-made character model is available to be used inside of AE, but it wouldn't work for the Comic Con missions. What made it so popular, besides the cosplayers, was the focus on a certain build - for example, fire resistance. I used a select set of powers specifically designed to do base fire, and only fire damage. No hidden damage. Signature Character models still use their own abilities. It would be catastrophic.

ANOTHER IDEA

I think I like to punish myself with more work lol. I've considered adding people's Global and original Server to the character's Bio page. I'm not sure if this is even something anyone would want, but if their's a big enough majority who would, it is something I'd consider doing. But what I would really like to do is give them titles. For example, @Brigg, Protector over my own character inside the farm. However, this would probably cause a lot more lag for those who are already struggling. And I don't think it is even an option for critters within AE Arcs. Wishful thinking.

• City Council

If you'll open your hymnals, you'll see that the CoC states with regard to signature characters:

Use of these characters in Architect Entertainment and character backstories is permitted.

So, yeah.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!