Bloody Rainbow Comic Con Fire Farm Update

brigg

Greetings Everyone!

Due to complaints of Content Violation, the Bloody Rainbow Comic Con Fire Farm was banned on September 28th. I was able to republish it with some basic AE critters I had available. However, no GM had actually taken action against it, but instead, discovered an auto-ban within the AE system when complaints would reach a certain number. With this brought to light, it enabled the GM Team to make adjustments to this Auto-ban. But after a discussion, it was decided to err on the side of caution and discontinue the Cosplayers to prevent any legal actions. This allowed me to get creative and come up with a solution.

What made the Comic Con Farms so popular, other than the great rewards and alternative gameplay, was recognizable costumes. So to keep that theme and make it more personal to the community, I’ve decided to open it up for everyone's characters and names. The missions will be made up of all of us - our community. I am accepting multiple submissions at the moment, but realize I may have to cut it down at some point. So send me your main character, or your most beloved character, or just the character your friends know you by, and I'll add it to the AE Mission.

If you want to be added, send me:

Character.Costume File*

The name you want – Character or Global

Body Type

How to contact me:

• Discord - @Brigg#4571 - This is the easiest for me to manage.
  • Facebook - Robert Jasso - Messenger can be weird, but still doable. You can search for Brigg as well, and I should still pop up.
  • Homecomingservers.com - You can Private Message me your Character.costume file and info here as well

*To get your costume file, it's very simple.

• You'll first need a saved version of it. If you've never saved it, go to a Trainer, Icon Employee, Surgeon, or Trina the Body Sculptress in Pocket D, select the costume you want to save, and in the Tailor Tab (the main costume edit tab), click the save button under the color palette. Your player name is usually the most ideal choice.
  • Next you'll need to go to your Costume folder inside of your Tequila folder. This may be different for some of you, but there's a super simple way to find out exactly where this location is. Simply open the Tequila Launcher and click on the Options button in the bottom right. A popup window will show "Install Path" just above center left. This is where you'll find your Costume Folder and your file. If you saved it as SuperJoe, the file will be SuperJoe.costume.
  • Locate me via Discord, Facebook, or PM me here, drag & drop the file or use the browse option to locate the file to upload it to the message window. Be sure to add the Character Name and Body Type. Body Type just makes my life a tad bit simpler, but not crucial. Remember: I'm asking for the Body Type, not gender. Having the correct Body Type enables I don't have to go back and fix it - which resets the costume to random risking I upload it with your Character name and some hideous random costume with puke-green skin tone, ruffles, monster legs, and a hot pink scaly tale. Apologies if that's your costume. But let's be honest. You chose that outfit for that reason. 😛

This is something I wanted to extend to the whole community. Not just people who use AE. This is for everyone who wants to participate. 

Here's all the Players I've added!

13th Stranger Doom Lalani Red Radiance
Abraxus Dynomight Lambda Lad Redlynne
Aceaer Electra Outlaw Laure Reverse Cowgirl
Aerial Assault Elemental Charge Learath Riot Siren
Agent Kiski Elsbeth Liberty Star Rocket-Cat
Agent R22 Eme Lifeshadow Rook Knight
Amber Gypsy Emodied Phoenix LightningSmurf Rufus
American Eagle Ephyria Little Claw Ruiner
Ametrine Erick Luminus Sabre Tooth
Anarchtica Ese Luna Cee Sammy
Angelic Fire EverStryke (2) Lycon Schnauzer
Apocalypso Dancing Evisceratude Maelstrom Finale' Scothail
AR1-GAT0 Extremity Magento Scry Me a River
Artphobia Eye P Freelea Magic Librarian Sealdy
ATAK Fairy Kisses Pink Magus Rauch SeerPhoenix
Ath Ferret MAH ShadowPhoenix
Athanatos Fever Blaze MakaniNE Shipwreck
Atom's Champion Fire OG Malfeasance Shot Into the Sun
Atomic Sausage Florence Fightingale Mama on a Mission SinnerSaint
Auren Force* Medieval Warrior Skunk Man
Autumnal Fox Meta Clone Small Business Man
Avonai Creed Freezietude Mightion Snot-Shot
Azazela FrierFly Mikha Soul of Saturn
Bending Waves Fuji Yama Miko Sovera
Big Booty Judy Fuzzy Yum Yum MindPsy Spanky the Loveclown
Big Money Hustla Gahd Miss Backdraft Sparks McGee
Bionic Flea Gamma Ray Girl Miss Mistakke Spiderbite
Black Eclipse Ghetto-Blaster Mister Ice Guy Spinestorm
Blood Stark Glamoure Mitternacht Star Fyer
BobbyQ Glyphica Molecule Man Stonewall
Boiler Gravitating Girl Mr Bear Sunder Arcana
Boom Shocka Bee Gravitude Mr. D. Bringer Sunfist
Bovine American Green Dwarf Mr. Meanor Tankerbell
Brash Blade Gunfighter Ms. Hotflash TankYou
Bren H2rO MyJustise Technicolor
Brutal Halo Jones Neon Flux Teddie Bear
Brutucs Hand of Gaea NeonKnight Tess LaCoell
Burning Luv Harlequin Frost NeonN The Best
Burnt Reynolds Hartanna Night Prowler The Brown Blur
Cacophany Hazey Nightmare Star The Immortal Light
Canan Healing Star Ninja Cow The Polaris Patriot
Candelstick Heep 3.0 NiteLash Together Forever
Candy Crush King Hellion Angel Nuclear Ned Tootboy
CandyCorn Hitman Nuklon Total Annihilation
Captain Catbirb HoneyGold2.0 Odious Tsunamitude
Captain Citadel Hook and Shot Orgo USAngel
Captain Dung Beetle Huler Doomgul Orion Star Valkyrie HellFighter
Charmer Impericus Pax Americana Veracor
Chronometer Impitude Perla Victim
Cinderwalker Ironblade Phichaya Vis Viva
Cobalt-512 Jacques Frost Pinky Prickles Vixen
Combat Girl Joyitude Plague Tale Void Stalker
Corax Jungle Janet Plasmic Fire Voltage Valkyrie
Crimson Gypsy Jurlique Plowshares VuDu Dawl
Crispy Bacon Ka Poison Frost Warbinder
Cyber Girl Kalikamata Polarion Warstrider
Dakota Sunrise Kallisti Gold Prickly Pyre Wavequake
Daksinakali Katara Catjitsu Prism Pandora White Dwarf
Dark Canuck Khazza Doom Proc Lobster Who Wants Waffles?
Dark Diamonds Kid Viva Psyclown Whomper
Darkir Killer Wail Pyrrhic Wit Spark
Dazz Marvelous King Pumpkin Spice Quantum Forge Zachariah Pod
Der Stadtschutz Kira Kat Rad Platinum Prime ZeroTude
Desdinova Knob Goblin Radiation Onslaught Zombie Fryer
Discotech Krios Ragganor  

Thank you everyone for all your support!

Brigg

Edited by brigg
Updated Intro Paragraph
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

Thanks @Jimmyfor the clarification! I appreciate you and the GM team working with me to clear this up. 

Keep those Character.costume files coming. I should have it up as early as tomorrow some time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

This is exactly how I hoped the Comic Con Farm would be updated if it were found in violation of the new code. I think it's a wonderful solution and now I just need to figure out which of my characters/costumes I want to submit as my representative in the farm!

12 hours ago, brigg said:

You can message me your info on Discord @Brigg#4571

*To get your costume file, it's very simple.

• Find me on Discord and drag and drop or use the browse option in the message window. Be sure to add the Character Name and Body Type. Body Type just makes my life a tad bit simpler, but not crucial.

For those of us who don't discord ... can we just send you a PM via the forums here?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Thanks for the update!  I believe everyone figured this would happen.  Question about this though...

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

We didn't actually ban or disable the arc ourselves; it was automatically banned by the server as it received a number of "Content Violation" reports that surpassed the threshold for a self-review ban (which allows the arc's publisher to review the ban, make adjustments, then re-post it).

I had thought it was said in the official CoC update thread that bans were not automatic as in a human had to review and make the final determination before any action was taken?   I'm assuming this is only for AE content and not individual players?

Not at all trying to be a pest, just asking for clarification on that.  Thanks! 😀

Edited by ShardWarrior

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Correct. We actually didn't even know this was possible until yesterday!

I highly suggest disabling that as now this whole thread pretty much has advertised this as a way to abuse the report system to enact an autoban simply out of disliking an arc vs there actually being something against the rules with it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

I highly suggest disabling that as now this whole thread pretty much has advertised this as a way to abuse the report system to enact an autoban simply out of disliking an arc vs there actually being something against the rules with it.

I'm going to guess that a single account reporting an arc repeatedly isn't going to issue an auto-ban.  I would imagine it requires quite a lot of different reports from a lot of different accounts to fire it off. 

Ha!  I got jumped all over and attacked for saying there was code to automatically ban in the game and got yelled at for it by other players on here.  looks like those players didn't know how the game code worked after all.  :classic_laugh:

anyway, sad to see this get changed because the costumes were fun but its understandable.  great idea to use player costumes!

7 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

I'm going to guess that a single account reporting an arc repeatedly isn't going to issue an auto-ban.  I would imagine it requires quite a lot of different reports from a lot of different accounts to fire it off. 

Of course I wasn't implying by one account.  However we do not know the specific number of accounts required to trigger the autoban either so better to not assume on that front.  Folks stirring up a band wagon'ing against someone else's arc isn't that unlikely.  There, as we know, people who dislike AE and what it allows folks to partake in after all.

This mission could spoof itself for a few hours, and gave every baddie a blank white outfit named GENERIC126484.  At least I'd laugh if I walked in and saw that.

Edited by Jeneki
i can spel gud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I would really challenge the idea that costumes alone are a copyright violation and should be considered a CoC violation.  There is definitely some debate about this in legal arenas, but I think the most prominent piece of evidence is the existence of an entire industry that creates and openly markets and sells unlicensed Halloween costumes that bear incredible similarities to copyrighted characters (given the limitations of the in-game character creator, I would state that in the vast majority of cases these unlicensed costumes are much closer in detail to the copyrighted characters than anything that can be done in game).  This industry is one in which money is made, and if Disney, Marvel, DC, Nintendo, or any other of these companies thought for a moment that they had any sort of legal chance to shut this down and control the market on these costumes, they would have done so years ago.

As noted, there are several opinions on this issue; here is one such explanation found through a simple search:  https://www.knowmad.law/single-post/2017/10/30/The-Costume-Copyright-Conundrum

The author delves into the differences between character copyrights and characters as trademarks, as well as the differences between fan cosplay and the manufacture and sale of costumes.  He doesn't quite make clear the position on unlicensed commercial costume sales, only discussing the possibility for claims without giving solid examples (I disagree that the "Batmobile Case," involving a custom automobile, would apply in the same way to costuming).  However, I would recommend going to the end of the article, to the images posted below of several unlicensed costumes.  Or, as this is October, go and browse any Spirit or other costume specialty store.  Are these costumes any less imitative of character copyrights than what existed in Bloody Rainbow, or anywhere else in CoH for that matter?  And note how it is that the costume makers get away with it:  they change the name to something completely different from the original work, which is how Bloody Rainbow treated it with the "con-goer in cosplay" approach. 

With HC operating as a non-profit, these costume makers and sellers are certainly making more money off of it than HC is.  Really, if the copyright holders had a legal leg to stand on, why haven't these profitable businesses been shut down?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blackbird71 said:

I would really challenge the idea that costumes alone are a copyright violation and should be considered a CoC violation.  There is definitely some debate about this in legal arenas, but I think the most prominent piece of evidence is the existence of an entire industry that creates and openly markets and sells unlicensed Halloween costumes that bear incredible similarities to copyrighted characters (given the limitations of the in-game character creator, I would state that in the vast majority of cases these unlicensed costumes are much closer in detail to the copyrighted characters than anything that can be done in game).  This industry is one in which money is made, and if Disney, Marvel, DC, Nintendo, or any other of these companies thought for a moment that they had any sort of legal chance to shut this down and control the market on these costumes, they would have done so years ago.

As noted, there are several opinions on this issue; here is one such explanation found through a simple search:  https://www.knowmad.law/single-post/2017/10/30/The-Costume-Copyright-Conundrum

The author delves into the differences between character copyrights and characters as trademarks, as well as the differences between fan cosplay and the manufacture and sale of costumes.  He doesn't quite make clear the position on unlicensed commercial costume sales, only discussing the possibility for claims without giving solid examples (I disagree that the "Batmobile Case," involving a custom automobile, would apply in the same way to costuming).  However, I would recommend going to the end of the article, to the images posted below of several unlicensed costumes.  Or, as this is October, go and browse any Spirit or other costume specialty store.  Are these costumes any less imitative of character copyrights than what existed in Bloody Rainbow, or anywhere else in CoH for that matter?  And note how it is that the costume makers get away with it:  they change the name to something completely different from the original work, which is how Bloody Rainbow treated it with the "con-goer in cosplay" approach. 

With HC operating as a non-profit, these costume makers and sellers are certainly making more money off of it than HC is.  Really, if the copyright holders had a legal leg to stand on, why haven't these profitable businesses been shut down?

This is SO not the place for this discussion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

The ban makes me a sad panda, I would run these arcs just to see the costumes I missed.  Voltron and Prime spitting fire at me...how could you not love it.  

Any non-discord ways to submit?  Not a huge fan of the service myself but I would like to contribute.  If not i will look into sending the info that way.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

@Rodumasis correct. Please stay on-topic.

My apologies; I felt it related directly to the topic of what happened to the Bloody Rainbow Comic Con Fire Farm, and it was intended as a response to this statement:

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

That said, the arc does violate the updated Code of Conduct, specifically the use of other copyrighted works. The arc contains (or at least did contain) a large number of enemies wearing costumes which were recreations of costumes of popular figures and heroes from various comics, movies, and games, in addition to a few NPCs which used the names and likenesses of real-world individuals (such as Stan Lee).

Although we understand and appreciate that the characters in the arc were intended to be normal people cosplaying these characters, the distinction is not one that would likely hold up if we were to be investigated for copyright infringement based on the work.

If you still feel it is off topic, I will not pursue it further here.