I never knew that!!!

Coin

Just found out last night that if an Illusion controller uses Deceive on a mob that summons pets, it affects the pets as well.  Had too much taking down purple "Lead Scorchers" in Steel Canyon with that trick.  Played an Ill/Emp controller on live for years and never figured that out...

• Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 10:00 PM, RoseClaymore said:
On 10/11/2019 at 11:40 AM, quixoteprog said:

At least one mission I was on has doors marked as stairs near the elevators that can be used to travel between floors.

I noticed this too, right before the building caught fire. Elevator stopped working.

That's Roy Cooling's arc in Talos.

You get a badge for 'rescuing' all the downed rogue PPD.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

4 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Just found out last night that if an Illusion controller uses Deceive on a mob that summons pets, it affects the pets as well.  Had too much taking down purple "Lead Scorchers" in Steel Canyon with that trick.  Played an Ill/Emp controller on live for years and never figured that out...

I use that all the time on Rikti Communications Officers, when they summon their portal, all the Rikti that pour out are also Mez'd. It's quite hilarious.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

I actually thought about writing a guide for using and abusing Confuse but decided I didn't quite know enough. You can use it to break debuff toggles if you get the right mob. Ritki guardians give you Accelerate Metabolism. Cimemoran surgeons heal you and stay out of combat. Tsoo sorcerors heal you and debuff enemies. Force field generators protect you. Several enemies explode on or near death - if you confuse them you can use this as a weapon. 

Any time an enemy has support powers, that's yours now. Confuse is one of my favourite mechanics. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

2 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

Confuse is one of my favourite mechanics. 

Mine too.  I remember PvPing way back, getting confused in the fray and killing an ally.  Also was in a team recently where the poison player got confused and some of the team started choking, forcing him to get away from the team.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RikOz said:

I don't know exactly how "hidden" this is, but a few skyscrapers in Atlas Park (at least) have ground-level doors marked with a stair sign. Clicking on those will take you to the building's roof.

You can access a domed rooftop garden SE of Atlas Plaza using a set of those stairs.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RikOz said:
15 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

You can access a domed rooftop garden SE of Atlas Plaza using a set of those stairs.

Cool - I noticed that garden while flying, but I didn't check for stairs. Stairs get you inside it?

Yes, actually.  There are two buildings (it's the same building repeated elsewhere) in Atlas that have domed "glass" roofs on them with a greenhouse inside that you can access from ground level (via door marked with stairs) that will take you INSIDE the dome.  People inside can see people outside, since the dome is somewhat transparent, although the dome is world geometry so you can't teleport through it.

• Like 5

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

This was eventually removed in Live, but back in the day, there were certain unmarked doors that when you clicked on them, would pull up the Long Teleport window allowing you to instantly port to any zone. My guess was, they were left behind by the Devs to get around quickly, but I would use them frequently. The one I remember the most was in Peregrine Island. The building next to the statue Falcon is standing by had the door you could use. It was super convenient. RIP.

• Like 4

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

On 10/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, Redlynne said:

Yes, actually.  There are two buildings (it's the same building repeated elsewhere) in Atlas that have domed "glass" roofs on them with a greenhouse inside that you can access from ground level (via door marked with stairs) that will take you INSIDE the dome.  People inside can see people outside, since the dome is somewhat transparent, although the dome is world geometry so you can't teleport through it.

Holy crap!! I didn't know this one either! 😄

On 10/13/2019 at 9:27 PM, Redlynne said:

I suspect they were added as absolutely perfect places for players to gather for things like costume contests and RP gatherings, but ultimately no-one noticed or cared. Probably a slightly disappointed dev involved in those dome gardens.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

58 minutes ago, SaintD said:

I suspect they were added as absolutely perfect places for players to gather for things like costume contests and RP gatherings, but ultimately no-one noticed or cared. Probably a slightly disappointed dev involved in those dome gardens.

They were one of the showpieces for Ultra mode when it was introduced, I remember being told about them in game by a gm

• Thanks 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

1 hour ago, SaintD said:

The problem with that plan is that although they're "public places" they're also OUT OF THE WAY places that people won't see while moving through the zone ... UNLIKE the area under Atlas, which is clearly marked (Atlas Statue is kind of hard to miss...) and which people are moving by/around all the time so it's easy to find a "pick up event" like a costume contest there.  The locations of the domed buildings is more like an Easter Egg that hardly anyone knows about, which kind of ruins the opportunities to have things like costume contests and RP gatherings there.  Sure it can be done ... but it's not the "natural" location for such things to happen in the zone.  Poor design choices, that.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 10/10/2019 at 6:08 PM, Redlynne said:

There's actually a badge for finding all of those inside the University ...

Hunh the only badge I knew about for clicking books was the Midnighter Archivist Badge, is there something else?

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

If you have a Grav controller with Wormhole, you can use it to target a mob standing outside of a store/building, then go through the door and place the endpoint inside.  Step back outside, to complete LoS to the mob, and Poof! the mob is now wandering around dazed inside the building.

Now that I know about the domes, I am going to have to see if that trick works there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

4 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Hunh the only badge I knew about for clicking books was the Midnighter Archivist Badge, is there something else?

I think I asked War Witch about this during at the Meet & Greet or HeroCon, and I think she said there wasn't for all the ghost clikies. Though that was a long time ago and I could be misremembering.

Also, the clickies in all the libraries are different.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

1 hour ago, roleki said:

If you have a Grav controller with Wormhole, you can use it to target a mob standing outside of a store/building, then go through the door and place the endpoint inside.  Step back outside, to complete LoS to the mob, and Poof! the mob is now wandering around dazed inside the building.

Now that I know about the domes, I am going to have to see if that trick works there.

I don't think you need LoS for doing Wormhole. Maybe for putting things inside a store, but for regular use I pull stuff around a corner all the time. It is like teleport foe. You don't need LoS to affect a mob.

• Thanks 1

Interesting; it was a trick I messed with on Live, and only tried it on Pineapple to see if it still worked.  I hadn't even noticed that LoS wasn't required, that makes WH a lot better!

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Not really "useful", but for me, there's a generic villain Newspaper mission to steal some passcodes that allow a back door into Aeon Corp's network.  When you get it, the clue mentions the code is NOGELARC.  I never understood it and always thought it was a reference to some old movie or comic (since a lot of the clues are exactly that).  Then a few weeks ago I was doing it and just happened to realize what it said when spelled backwards...

How that eluded me all those years, I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Not really "useful", but for me, there's a generic villain Newspaper mission to steal some passcodes that allow a back door into Aeon Corp's network.  When you get it, the clue mentions the code is NOGELARC.  I never understood it and always thought it was a reference to some old movie or comic (since a lot of the clues are exactly that).  Then a few weeks ago I was doing it and just happened to realize what it said when spelled backwards...

How that eluded me all those years, I'm not sure.

CRALEGON?  What is that significance?