I never knew that!!!

Coin

Played this game since Day 1 of the EU launch. 

Only tonight discovered that you can get into the City Hall in Atlas via the back door!

Anyone else discovered something about the game years after playing?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Coin said:

Played this game since Day 1 of the EU launch. 

Only tonight discovered that you can get into the City Hall in Atlas via the back door!

Anyone else discovered something about the game years after playing?

Also if you don't know and have fly power you can get into the AE building thru the top floor and bypass the lobby.

• Like 4

There are hidden clickies scattered throughout the cities. Just random objects. At the closing of Legacy I had documented somewhere around 70+.

There are multiple books in the University libraries that are clickable, also the TV on top of the vending machine in the small breakroom behind the registrar's desk.

FnVmkWV.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

There are multiple books in the University libraries that are clickable, also the TV on top of the vending machine in the small breakroom behind the registrar's desk.

There's actually a badge for finding all of those inside the University ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

For missions (like those in the Apex and Tin Mage TFs) that involve the helicopter parked on top of the Vanguard base in RWZ, one can skip the delay that normally comes with clicking on the guy at the boarding ramp by clicking on one of the roof doors instead.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Here's something I never knew before; if your connection goes poo poo while coming out of a mission and loading into the city zone, you can end up in the city but with none of the NPC's, vehicles or any other sign of life loaded in.

If that's never happened to you before and you get it unexpectedly, the City of Ghosts is somehow WAY more creepy than when actual horror games try to be creepy.

• Like 3

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

9 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Which Badge?  I can't find any mention of it in the Badge spreadsheet or ParagonWiki, but that just might be my weak Search-Fu.

I'm hoping Redlynne was joking, because otherwise I'm going to be wasting a lot of time in there...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, SaintD said:

Here's something I never knew before; if your connection goes poo poo while coming out of a mission and loading into the city zone, you can end up in the city but with none of the NPC's, vehicles or any other sign of life loaded in.

If that's never happened to you before and you get it unexpectedly, the City of Ghosts is somehow WAY more creepy than when actual horror games try to be creepy.

Not unlike "Icon", or "Paragon Chat" in the days before Homecoming burst back on the scene.  For Icon, there was nothing but you, anywhere you went.  With Paragon Chat, if you were hanging around one of the major population centers, like Atlas Park, you could see a few other players hanging around.  But, pretty much everywhere else, you were still eerily alone.

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

8 hours ago, Megajoule said:

For missions (like those in the Apex and Tin Mage TFs) that involve the helicopter parked on top of the Vanguard base in RWZ, one can skip the delay that normally comes with clicking on the guy at the boarding ramp by clicking on one of the roof doors instead.

wait.. .what!  ...I must go home and try this immediately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

8 hours ago, Megajoule said:

I saw people do this for the first mission of Apex and was stunned, so I tried it on the second mission.

The second mission doesn't use the helicopter. Got minced by an unexpected trick or treat group.

Edited by Lines
  • Haha 8

I seem to remember in the OLD days, any time you came across restrooms, if you knocked on the door, you'd hear the sound of a flushing toilet.  I tried that a few days ago in the train station, and it no longer seems to trigger that sound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

5 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

I seem to remember in the OLD days, any time you came across restrooms, if you knocked on the door, you'd hear the sound of a flushing toilet.  I tried that a few days ago in the train station, and it no longer seems to trigger that sound.

This still happens, you just gotta wait next to them. I just double checked in Steel Canyon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For those that don't know.

Any missions using the rooftop helicopter at the Vanguard base in RWZ?
You don't have to use the guy and wait for the refresh.
You can use the doorway in front of the helicopter to enter the mission.

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

You can click on different NPCs and get information from them.  I think NPCs with names starting with N tell you how many times your character has logged in.  NPCs that start with M tell you your total time logged in.  NPCs starting with E or F will tell you the "city time" (which runs much faster than normal time).  During the Halloween event they always say it's midnight. 

Edit: Here's the list: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Civilian_NPCs

Edited by gameboy1234
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, quixoteprog said:

At least one mission I was on has doors marked as stairs near the elevators that can be used to travel between floors.

I noticed this too, right before the building caught fire. Elevator stopped working.

• Haha 1

- RC

"As long as everyone is having fun, you're not doing it wrong."