I never knew that!!!

Coin

You can use your scroll wheel to zoom in/out but if you want a bigger view you can use a command to increase your FOV even further.

/camdist 160

The standard max distance (with your scroll wheel) is /camdist 80.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

7 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

You can use your scroll wheel to zoom in/out but if you want a bigger view you can use a command to increase your FOV even further.

/camdist 160

The standard max distance (with your scroll wheel) is /camdist 80.

Does this work in reverse, like if I wanted a much closer picture of my character?  Also, can you change the height of the camera?  Thanks!

21 minutes ago, biostem said:

Does this work in reverse, like if I wanted a much closer picture of my character?  Also, can you change the height of the camera?  Thanks!

Anything less that 80 will take the camera in closer.

I take it by changing the height of the camera you mean where the pivot point is located, so that you can say get closer without cutting the feet off, or that it's location shifts down when your character sits/kneels/etc. Sadly the only way I know that you can do that is in demo record and I know very little about using those tools.

Sounds like something to put in the Suggestion section. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 3 months later
On 10/17/2019 at 8:12 PM, Christopher Robin said:

A bit silly but if you stand by the bathrooms in Pocket D you can

hear vomiting, toilets flushing and the occasional farty sounds depending what is going on.

Also there are several NPC's called the BUM who sit outside the entrances to the old Paragon Dance Party (which

got replaced by Pocket D) and sarcastically tell you to go to Pocket D and let me sleep.

What they say can vary but it's always sarcastic.

Finally there is a developers clubhouse (The Cryptic Lounge) hidden under the rubble

in Faultline. The tunnel to get to it is under a ramp and behind some crates.

You can find Melissa Bianco (WarWitch) in her street clothes and a

badge inside. I used to hold SuperGroup meetings in there.

Sounds like you're tallking about the Egg Hunter badge location.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:50 PM, Coin said:

Power Customization I knew about.

Power POOL customization, that's new to me! Don't think it was ever in live but it's in i15 at least so I'm a happy little hero now 🙂

Pool customization was going to happen on i24 but since it never launched, we never got it back in the official game

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

Fire and Ice, are still the strongest blaster sets in the game  - With  Water blast's tier 9 doing the most dmg out of both. Food for thought.

Warshades  are stronger than Peacebringers.

Castle (former developer/Lead power designer), once said "Changing the colors of powers in the game, cannot be done, because it would take an overhaul of the engine.). He didn't realize that color swapping is (in)famous in game/character development (Sub Zero - Scorpion) and that most gamers knew that fact...

Posting something on the AH for 1 influence, will have it sold to the lowest bidder...keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, killigraphy said:

Warshades  are stronger than Peacebringers.

Warshades CAN be stronger than Peacebringers CONDITIONALLY AT TIMES but that higher strength has dependencies that Peacebringers are not subject to.  So even though Warshades have higher peaks of performance than Peacebringers do, they also have lower troughs of performance than Peacebringers do too.  So it's a case of higher maximum AND lower minimum for Warshades than Peacebringers ... and as every min/maxer knows, the name of the game is stay in the maximum performance range while staying out of the minimum performance range.  Sometimes you can do that as a Warshade ... and sometimes you can't.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

17 hours ago, Janrith said:

Sounds like you're tallking about the Egg Hunter badge location.

They are.

The Dev office under Grandville is more of a challenge to get to.

5 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Warshades CAN be stronger than Peacebringers CONDITIONALLY AT TIMES but that higher strength has dependencies that Peacebringers are not subject to.  So even though Warshades have higher peaks of performance than Peacebringers do, they also have lower troughs of performance than Peacebringers do too.  So it's a case of higher maximum AND lower minimum for Warshades than Peacebringers ... and as every min/maxer knows, the name of the game is stay in the maximum performance range while staying out of the minimum performance range.  Sometimes you can do that as a Warshade ... and sometimes you can't.

Warshades are stronger the Peacebringers....nuff said.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, killigraphy said:

Posting something on the AH for 1 influence, will have it sold to the lowest bidder...keep that in mind.

That is exactly BACKWARDS.  All sales on the auction house go to the current HIGHEST bidder.

• Like 3

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

23 minutes ago, killigraphy said:

Lowest  bidder, trust me.

I will trust science and experimentation.  I just had a lvl 15 confuse training enhancement.  No one was bidding on it (0 for sale, 0 bids).  I put into 2 bids, one for 1K, and one for 10K.  Since you can't sell to yourself in the market, I had a buddy of mine sell the lvl 15 confuse training enhancement for 1 Inf.  Guess which bid won?

It sold for 10K.  Highest bid always wins...even at 1 inf.

I'll be honest, the market can be confusing and I wasn't going to be surprised at either outcome.

• Like 11

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

+1 for using the Scientific Method!

• Like 4

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned using the door on the cargo ship instead of the sub for the MLTF.  Similar to the ApeMage helicopter (using door in front of chopper).

Spoiler

image.png.9e40b8affe2f7d4602b0b62946e63ae9.png

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 4:13 AM, justicebeliever said:

I will trust science and experimentation.  I just had a lvl 15 confuse training enhancement.  No one was bidding on it (0 for sale, 0 bids).  I put into 2 bids, one for 1K, and one for 10K.  Since you can't sell to yourself in the market, I had a buddy of mine sell the lvl 15 confuse training enhancement for 1 Inf.  Guess which bid won?

It sold for 10K.  Highest bid always wins...even at 1 inf.

I'll be honest, the market can be confusing and I wasn't going to be surprised at either outcome.

Hold on... So he paid 1 Inf? And you got 10k Inf?

On 6/11/2020 at 3:48 PM, killigraphy said:

Lowest  bidder, trust me.

Can't trust you because you're wrong and smug about it.  That's always the worst - someone who is wrong and full of themselves.

Absolutely guaranteed that each sale goes to the highest outstanding bit.  Trust *ME* because I worked with a group who did extensive testing of the market.  We even analyzed how the sales are filled if there are a bunch of identical bids when someone posts an item for sale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:50 PM, brigg said:

ITF is some serious XP. With a 2XP boost, I went from 42-50 in a Kill All ITF. Dare I say it was faster than my Comic Con Farms.

There are times, with a few alts, where I like to slow down levels 40-50 a bit since there’s so much to do with the AV arcs, getting the accolades and such.  

And I’ve also noticed this about the ITF’s.  Crazy amounts of XP especially if kill all/most approach.  And not at all uncommon for me to get two purple drops per longer run.

As for secret entrances, I discovered the other day that the little shack under the guard tower on the center Portal Corps building has a door on it.  Clicking on it will take you into that Portal Corps building.  Not like you ever need to but I’ve got a habit of clicking on doors just to see what will happen (usually nothing).

I also seem to recall being in Steel Canyon or Galaxy way back in the early days of Live, before I had a travel power (wasn’t level 14 yet) and discovering another of those buildings that had a street level entrance to the roof.  It’s how I discovered that I really wanted SuperJump instead of Fly.

Edited by Crysis

20 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Can't trust you because you're wrong and smug about it.  That's always the worst - someone who is wrong and full of themselves.

Absolutely guaranteed that each sale goes to the highest outstanding bit.  Trust *ME* because I worked with a group who did extensive testing of the market.  We even analyzed how the sales are filled if there are a bunch of identical bids when someone posts an item for sale.

Though the prevalence of bottom feeders in the market means that if you don't happen to be lucky enough for there to be a nice high outstanding bid waiting for you, you will end up selling for well under market value because there's a lot of lowball bids sitting around waiting to take advantage of the situation.