I never knew that!!!

Coin

5 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Whaaat?! Can that door be used during the Positron TF?

Discovered the /cleartray option. Used to repeatedly, right click-R, over all the tray slots during live.

Yep.
When they rebuilt the exterior of City Hall, they dropped in the extra entrance.

And yeah, /cleartray is a godsend.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

24 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Yep.
When they rebuilt the exterior of City Hall, they dropped in the extra entrance.

And yeah, /cleartray is a godsend.

Some people hare respecs.  I am kind of used to them.  They can be tricky if you start to lose track but I keep a MiDs up on my secondary comp.  But if I had to manually adjust each power placement afterwards?  Ouch

/cleartray FTW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Some people hare respecs.  I am kind of used to them.  They can be tricky if you start to lose track but I keep a MiDs up on my secondary comp.  But if I had to manually adjust each power placement afterwards?  Ouch

/cleartray FTW

Yeah, that's the nice thing about having massive desktop space.
I can shrink the CoH window and keep a copy of Mids open.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/25/2022 at 4:36 PM, Hyperstrike said:

But there's a joke line somewhere in the literature I've read where the person is nothing special...merely a mere/simple/SOMETHING.

"Merely a gifted surgeon, and nothing more"?  If so, that's from the radio mission where you rescue Dr. Stephen Fayte.

Possibly my favorite mission in the game.  Two of my characters are based on it, in fact.

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

"Merely a gifted surgeon, and nothing more"?  If so, that's from the radio mission where you rescue Dr. Stephen Fayte.

Possibly my favorite mission in the game.  Two of my characters are based on it, in fact.

That might be it...

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

Here's a fun one.

If you hunt Giant Monsters, especially if you solo them, it is easier to fight Jack in Irons and Eochai from the Grim Vale War event at the same time, than it is to fight regular Jack in Irons all by himself. 

Is that just due to distractions, or are they actually set lower in the gang fight?

Here is something that falls more into the category of "hmmm...maybe" than in the "I never knew that".

I was doing some mindless grinding of Heather Townshend's Burden of the Past Dark Astoria arc, when it occurred to me that the eight Knives of Artemis(?) costumed enemies at the end of part two (which disappear without being targetable) could be the ones who reappear in their "final form" as the seven Knives of Vengeance as the final fight in the last mission of the arc. I usually don't grind the other Dark Astoria missions, so I'm unaware if the eighth member of that crew could be one of the other NPCs the player gets to fight.

14 hours ago, Krimson said:

Not sure but I think Regular Jack just has a more potent Fear power. So fighting him takes a bit longer. Grim Vale Jack never seems to bother me as much.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=redcaps_jack_in_irons <-Normal Jack in Irons

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=event_jack_in_irons <-Event Jack in Irons

The only difference shown between them is the internal level range (normal Jack is 25-34, event Jack is 18-54), and normal Jack is Raid tagged (bonus effects for some archetypes).

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 1/4/2023 at 2:00 AM, StrikerFox said:

Whaaat?! Can that door be used during the Positron TF?

Discovered the /cleartray option. Used to repeatedly, right click-R, over all the tray slots during live.

/cleartray is a GD revelation. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 2

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

In other news, recently I realized that you should always check accuracy numbers in game, specifically for PBAoE in armor sets.  I've never seen where the base accuracy is noted in City of Data (all hail Uberguy), and it's usually absent from Mids on the main screen.

The real shocker was that Radiation Therapy has a base of x3.00 accuracy, but there were a number of pleasant surprises that will lead to less accuracy being slotted in the future.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

/get_local_invite

For YEARS I wanted an easier way to invite my friends to my team.  Wasn’t until a year after I joined Homecoming that I discovered this command. It invites players to your team using their GLOBAL name!!!

if you have a group of friends that you frequently team with, just create a macro that strings together multiple instances of this command and invite everyone in one click! Doesn’t generate errors if the player isn’t logged in either. A beautiful command! 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 8:00 AM, Megajoule said:

For missions (like those in the Apex and Tin Mage TFs) that involve the helicopter parked on top of the Vanguard base in RWZ, one can skip the delay that normally comes with clicking on the guy at the boarding ramp by clicking on one of the roof doors instead.

Last week we ran a TinPlex and I had a mission at that door. Somehow we found ourselves on my mission rather than the TF *twice*

(Not a bug, just us being useless / easily confused)

20 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I've never seen where the base accuracy is noted in City of Data (all hail Uberguy), and it's usually absent from Mids on the main screen.

It's there on the left of the power description in CoD.  It should be on Mid's power description window as well and, if I recall correctly, you can customize how it calculates that in the Math options.   The in-game power descriptions are almost always best ignored, usually because they are incomplete.  Maybe for reasons of simplicity, they don't always list all of a power's effects, which makes them less than useless in my opinion.  Sometimes even Mid's gets it wrong.  CoD is really the definitive place that I've seen.  I'd tab over to it in game any time I wanted to know for sure what a power does.

image.png.041c33d95bb2993884c37aabb9fb52da.png

And on the subject of CoD, in the spirit of this thread, not everyone might have noticed the menu off on the far right that lists "Entity Search".    This is for searching up in game entities (NPCs) and having a look at THEIR powers.  I remember a Tanker Forum thread a while back wondering why a certain Shepherd mission in First Ward could be so punishing.  Looking up the enemies in CoD, I found one of them had an unresistable Tar Patch power.  A couple of them in a +4 spawn could drop even a capped Tank's 90% resist into the red.

image.png.9c3b68f976e460d5b192a96432a6d0ac.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

There is a P2W Vendor in Breakout, the Villain Tutorial. 

His name is "Keister" and he's the only one wearing a pair of gloves. 🤣

image.png.31cf9a115b6a31b62638777babb75b00.png

I don't know if this is was a stealth-add or I totally missed it... has it been here since HC was up??

Yep, he's been there since day one.

Reading the wiki page on exemplar effects on enhancements, I noticed something that contradicted what I'd believed -- "set bonuses are always on, even if the power in which the Set is slotted isn't activated, and even if that power is greyed out due to exemplaring!" I had been operating under the assumption that if you didn't have the power, none of the effects of its slotting -- including set bonuses -- would be active. Finding out that set bonuses continue to work within the slotted IO level window makes the choice of sets a more subtle process, and increases the benefits of attunement.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 8:35 AM, Hyperstrike said:

Yeah, that's the nice thing about having massive desktop space.
I can shrink the CoH window and keep a copy of Mids open.

Unless it's a character I've played many years, like my main, I tend to just screenshot my power trays so that after the respec I've got the general layout right. 

And yeah, love me some /cleartray!

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 1/4/2023 at 2:08 PM, Krimson said:

Here's a fun one.

If you hunt Giant Monsters, especially if you solo them, it is easier to fight Jack in Irons and Eochai from the Grim Vale War event at the same time, than it is to fight regular Jack in Irons all by himself. 

Yeah that's something that was mentioned that would be relooked possibly. Right now it's a 3% spawn chance to catch Jack on his throne sleeping. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png