I never knew that!!!

Coin

On 10/12/2019 at 8:36 PM, RikOz said:

Cool - I noticed that garden while flying, but I didn't check for stairs. Stairs get you inside it?

Yes; There are, IIRC, two marked roof-access doors on the building, one on the N side, one on the S. I think they're the NW and SE corners. I parked a character under the dome prior to the shutdown of the live servers.

• Like 1

A bit silly but if you stand by the bathrooms in Pocket D you can

hear vomiting, toilets flushing and the occasional farty sounds depending what is going on.

Also there are several NPC's called the BUM who sit outside the entrances to the old Paragon Dance Party (which

got replaced by Pocket D) and sarcastically tell you to go to Pocket D and let me sleep.

What they say can vary but it's always sarcastic.

Finally there is a developers clubhouse (The Cryptic Lounge) hidden under the rubble

in Faultline. The tunnel to get to it is under a ramp and behind some crates.

You can find Melissa Bianco (WarWitch) in her street clothes and a

badge inside. I used to hold SuperGroup meetings in there.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 6

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

53 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

Also there are several NPC's called the BUM who sit outside the entrances to the old Paragon Dance Party (which

got replaced by Pocket D) and sarcastically tell you to go to Pocket D and let me sleep.

...and is ironically still there even though Homecoming put the PDP back in!

• Thanks 2

On 10/16/2019 at 1:42 PM, user1337 said:

I've learned the pay is better as a villain.

image.png.9ec576e0927b5852e0293d268f2b2313.png

Maybe you should be hanging out in the Market forums instead of just posting selfies!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 10/16/2019 at 2:42 PM, user1337 said:

I've learned the pay is better as a villain.

image.png.9ec576e0927b5852e0293d268f2b2313.png

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Maybe you should be hanging out in the Market forums instead of just posting selfies!

Hey just be happy Nick won the argument with his brother Richard over who got to name the business after them. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

• Retired Developer

I still can't believe people don't know Natterlings fuse into Bull Natterlings like Hercules Titans do to become Zeus titans.

• Thanks 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• Retired Developer

Also, does anyone else remember when Peregrine had a "Transport Zone" where you could just bull-charge East from Portal Corps into the wild blue yonder and when you hit the boundary wall, you'd go right to Talos? Super handy as a lowbie who lost their team or a lazy bridge that had to go back to Luminary to level up before Castle moved in.

• Like 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

17 hours ago, brigg said:

ITF is some serious XP. With a 2XP boost, I went from 42-50 in a Kill All ITF. Dare I say it was faster than my Comic Con Farms.

When I'm trying to organize one, I occasionally advertise it as a dev-sponsored S/L farm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Green Spark said:

I still can't believe people don't know Natterlings fuse into Bull Natterlings like Hercules Titans do to become Zeus titans.

And if you look at the Kronos Titan, it's got the same design as the Zeus Titan, just bigger and recolored; I always wondered if there were Ouranos Titans that merged to make Kronos Titans; it would make for more flavor in Malta missions if players could run into Ouranos titans, and then get faced with a pair of them merging into a Kronos...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Green Spark said:

Also, does anyone else remember when Peregrine had a "Transport Zone" where you could just bull-charge East from Portal Corps into the wild blue yonder and when you hit the boundary wall, you'd go right to Talos? Super handy as a lowbie who lost their team or a lazy bridge that had to go back to Luminary to level up before Castle moved in.

East? I always remembered flying south from PI until you zoned back into Talos; going east, you hit the force wall.

1 minute ago, MetaVileTerror said:

There was a period where the Paragon City Dance Party zone /was/ inaccessible, but it was eventually reopened.  Not sure what prompted that, honestly.

trying to dilute the erp in Pocket D I imagine 😄

• Haha 3

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

18 hours ago, srmalloy said:

The devs never took the PDP out of the game; it was still there if you went through any of the old doors.

From the wiki:

The Paragon Dance Party (PDP) was created in an early issue. Its release to the live servers was supposedly an accident but was kept due to fan request. The zone was replaced by Pocket D and no longer has any zone connections. The warehouse "skin" used to created PDP is also still in game. It is used in the third mission given to Natural origin heroes who start in Atlas Park, "Speak with Detective Brogan about the Skulls' attack".  With the revamp of Atlas Park in Issue 21 and the disabling of the old contacts, new characters do not have the chance to encounter this mission;  only characters who had the mission in their mission list have access to it, effectively removing it from the game.

• Thanks 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

16 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

There was a period where the Paragon City Dance Party zone /was/ inaccessible, but it was eventually reopened.  Not sure what prompted that, honestly.

16 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

trying to dilute the erp in Pocket D I imagine 😄

The "official" reason given

it was moved due to being close to the south Paragon City Monorail station, which made the PDP too useful as a travel shortcut).

To which I say, define "too useful." rFYv2e1c_o.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 10/20/2019 at 1:22 AM, Lost Ninja said:

I thought it was books inside the Midnighter's Club or is that different one?

@Lost Ninja Ahem... from two pages ago. 07K1tHnz_o.png

07K1tHnz_o.png

The are items that are 'Clickable' throughout the University but they are just Fun notes and not badges. ( Tv, Copier, Microscope, Cabinet in lab, Table about Gum and Boogers on 3rd floor) are a few that I came across. Now if you are new to invention and need the "Inventor" badge, then you will go through the tutorial and there are items and Faculty Contacts that you will click on to get that badge.

I would love to be wrong and get another badge though. 🙂

Edited by Anaku
added Copier
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2019 at 8:38 AM, VV said:

So, I recently noticed, in the second-to-last mission (I think) of the ITF, the one where you fight over a bridge and then pass through the arches of a large wall, in the base of the wall there are doors. I did not know those doors are working and they take you to the top of the wall where there are a bunch more Romans. I learned that the exciting way the other day.

I also learned this as of recent.  Did you know that there is also a console on that tower that you can click on to disable all the turrets?  It’s something that most ITF teams rarely need to click on but it’s good to know for a team that may have troubles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tacopotamus said:

I also learned this as of recent.  Did you know that there is also a console on that tower that you can click on to disable all the turrets?  It’s something that most ITF teams rarely need to click on but it’s good to know for a team that may have troubles.

Yes! I discovered that on that same kill-all, since we were going all over to find things to kill, I noticed the glowie. Just to think, all that time on Live, we were just taking unnecessary fire.

• Haha 1