I never knew that!!!

Coin

Vazhilok Mortificators name their Embalmed Cadavers. I came across one the other day that referred to his reanimated suicide bomber as "Claude".

Edited by Frostbiter
Speeling

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

3 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

Though the prevalence of bottom feeders in the market means that if you don't happen to be lucky enough for there to be a nice high outstanding bid waiting for you, you will end up selling for well under market value because there's a lot of lowball bids sitting around waiting to take advantage of the situation.

It's not relevant on Homecoming, but I used to set up new characters on Live by feeding them about 100k, then hitting the AH to bid on high-end SOS -- 45+, which were often listed for minimums under 1000 inf; when my enhancement tray was full, I would run them to the store at the south end of Steel Canyon and sell them, where I would get about 150k-200k per SO. Doing this easily paid for a new character's early slotting.

1 hour ago, Frostbiter said:

Vazhilok Mortificators name their Embalmed Cadavers. I came across one the other day that referred to his reanimated suicide bomber as "Claude".

There's one that regularly spawns on the high tension tower on the east side of Kings Row where the exploration badge is who named his Embalmed, too.

• Like 1

Logging out in a graveyard for long enough can grant the Mortician day job badge.  I was this years old when I accidentally discovered that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

On 6/19/2020 at 12:37 PM, Skyhawke said:

Logging out in a graveyard for long enough can grant the Mortician day job badge.  I was this years old when I accidentally discovered that.

I wasn't sure I would be able to get the supergroup base badge since I wasn't part of a supergroup (at the time).  A few months back I discovered that for those who don't have a base, all you need do is find a base portal and hug it closely.  A small ring around the portal will allow you to earn the badge.

Also, there's a few spots in the game where day jobs overlap and you can earn two simultaneously.  The one I'm always using is in the Vanguard base, right at the base of the stairs in the medbay.  Logging out in that spot will accrue for both the Vanguard and Caregiver day job badges.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
On 6/21/2020 at 1:24 AM, Techwright said:

Also, there's a few spots in the game where day jobs overlap and you can earn two simultaneously.  The one I'm always using is in the Vanguard base, right at the base of the stairs in the medbay.  Logging out in that spot will accrue for both the Vanguard and Caregiver day job badges.

There's another of those spots literally on top of the marker for the Thrill Seeker explorer badge.  entrance to the Architect section of Pocket D.  You can accrue for both Clubber and Architect simultaneously.

Edited by Techwright
remove picture
  • Thanks 1

The whole team gets credit for defeating Sally. I knew you needed to defeat her twice for the badge, and they don’t show badge progress for it. But somehow I got it stuck in my head that only the killer got credit.

You don’t get xp for badges (particularly exploration badges) if you’re at 0xp. I know you get zip for exploration badges, and I’ve occasionally finished off a level picking up exploration badges, but hadn’t noticed that some of my 0xp toons still had 0xp even after picking up a few incidental badges. 

• Like 2

Just had an "I never knew that" moment this morning.  I was nosing around the architect area of Pocket D, an area I ventured into only to grab the exploration badge at the entrance, and I suddenly realized there were two DJ's on a high ledge (I previously thought DJ Zero was the only DJ in the place) and the armored duo are likely a visual reference to Daft Punk.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

I accidentally found the portal to Studio 55 in Imperial City in the bathroom of Pocket D...took me a few minutes to figure where I was.

Did the bathroom portal rotate clockwise or counterclockwise?  That might have at least told you what hemisphere you were in.  :classic_wink:

• Haha 2

• 1 month later
3 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I never knew that. Next thing you are going to tell me is that the Clockwork King is fully functional!

Now I'm reminded of the Dr. Loveless quote from Wild Wild West...

Hard-pumpin' and indefatigably steely...

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

That just raises more questions. Like how did Penelope's mother meet Mr. Yin, a simple shopkeeper?

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

52 minutes ago, Mister Mass said:

Hint - Faultline arcs will not help. 😉

Hmmm. Well then I will just run them all again and pay a little closer attention. Once my latest scrapper, Zion Bunny  Psionic/Dark, gets out of Praetoria that is. 

On 7/3/2020 at 1:45 PM, Techwright said:

Just had an "I never knew that" moment this morning.  I was nosing around the architect area of Pocket D, an area I ventured into only to grab the exploration badge at the entrance, and I suddenly realized there were two DJ's on a high ledge (I previously thought DJ Zero was the only DJ in the place) and the armored duo are likely a visual reference to Daft Punk.

They aren't the only "reference characters" in there...

Check out the bar-keep in that section of the club. He might remind you of someone, too. XD

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

There are some call-outs in missions, too.

Firesign Theatre quote:

"Melanie Haber? Audrey Farber? Betty Jo Bialosky?"

"Oh, you mean Nancy!"

When you rescue a lady with any of the first three names, she'll tell you to call her Nancy at the end.

• Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

10 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

That just raises more questions. Like how did Penelope's mother meet Mr. Yin, a simple shopkeeper?

Ah.  You think Mr. Yin is a "simple shopkeeper"...

:classic_wink:

• Haha 3

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 2 weeks later