I never knew that!!!

Coin

On 8/20/2020 at 7:33 AM, huang3721 said:

I never knew Freedom Corps opens a store. 

Z9xNjY3.jpg

Also, their computers need upgrading. Seriously. Those are ancient CRTs. Also, is that Windows 9x/Me?

11HPrGE.jpg

Evc3UyI.jpg

That looks like an old Viewsonic.

Also, there is a Freedom Corp Store in Indy Port at the far north of the zone that you get a special badge for if you go there because it is so infrequently visited. 

Edited by KC4800
  • Like 2
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

On 8/20/2020 at 9:01 PM, KC4800 said:

Also, there is a Freedom Corp Store in Indy Port at the far north of the zone that you get a special badge for if you go there because it is so infrequently visited. 

hbas48B.png

At least they don't have to deal with customers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

• 6 months later

*Summons electrical controller*

ZOT!

image.png.094a24b3be4474ba8dd661daac8b7176.png

Okay, so I've resurrected the thread.  I did so because on a Synapse TF today, one of our teammates mentioned that the lore indicated the Clockwork King's inner court of Barons, Princes, and the like, were supposed to look almost human.  I did not know that.  I'm assuming that the developers just never got around to creating a unique look for these, but that would have been so cool to have as a final mission look.  Perhaps what was intended ended up as a prototype for the gold-side robots.

• Like 1

I didn't know until the TA updates that Special Resistance (e.g. Resistance to -ToHit, -Recharge, -RunSpeed, -Recovery etc) is recalculated every game pulse. What I mean is that if you have a bunch of -ToHit on you and, after the fact, acquire -ToHit Resistance, any existing -ToHit on you gets recaculated and lowered. Looking at how the stats show in game makes this obvious, but since few enemies had Resistance to debuff that changes turn to turn never put it together. Casting the new Acid Arrow does, indeed, recalculate all existing debuff and increase it, even debuff that hits prior to the arrow.    

• Like 1

As a Necromancer MM if your guys drop when you enter a mission/zone, instantly cast Soul Extraction on your Lich!  For two mins roughly you now have two Liches! And the Soul Extracted one will hang about AFTER you die and may (depends on longevity plus if it is in combat etc) rez YOU, because it has Howling Twilight,

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 10/16/2019 at 3:44 AM, SaintD said:

I suspect they were added as absolutely perfect places for players to gather for things like costume contests and RP gatherings, but ultimately no-one noticed or cared. Probably a slightly disappointed dev involved in those dome gardens.

you have to advertise / educate.  one mission that sends people to the garden to pick a flower or talk to an npc in a commonly run chain would inform peeps it was there.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 9:45 AM, Shred Monkey said:

Here's my lazy admission... on most of my toons I keep a Cimerora mission active so I can use my mission porter power to get there since there is no direct teleport to that zone.

you can use the Lfg imperious tf, solo, lock it.  it will port you right to Cim.  fast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I am bored, so I decided to interview a few Praetorian citizens. I found several things:

• Citizens have about 10 - 11 lines of response. 
  • Citizens change their replies every minute, which eventually loops to their initial line after 10 minutes.
  • Each citizen may have a different set of answers. So far, I have found 18 arrays of replies.

Let's say you speak with a Praetorian, and the answer is, "There's a tunnel running under the whole city to keep everything running smoothly.".

If you keep pestering him, these are his answers:

• There's a tunnel running under the whole city to keep everything running smoothly.
  • I read the tunnels under the city started out as a nuclear shelter. Good thing we don't have to worry about that anymore.
  • The tunnels are pretty dangerous, authorized personnel only indeed.
  • With The Resistance down there, the PPD can't guarantee the safety of citizens in the Underground.
  • You don't talk about First Ward. Not Around anybody important.
  • First Ward? Oh, we don't talk about First Ward.
  • First Ward is Emperor Cole's Dirty Secret, but you didn't hear it from me.
  • Oh, First Ward? Wasn't that lost with that massive Devouring Earth attack?
  • I heard people still inhibit First Ward. Could you believe it?
  • Neutropolis may look a little dirty, but it's solid and nothing a new coat of paint won't fix.

Complete list (so far) is here:

Edited by huang3721
Adding list
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later

Necroing the thread... I was running the Clockwork Captive arc the other day, and in the final mission, where the shop has these decorative checkerboard bands on the walls, I happened to be up near the ceiling, and the tops of the light shades have a checkered pattern, too; something I'd never noticed until this week, despite having run the arc on dozens of characters.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Necroing the thread... I was running the Clockwork Captive arc the other day, and in the final mission, where the shop has these decorative checkerboard bands on the walls, I happened to be up near the ceiling, and the tops of the light shades have a checkered pattern, too; something I'd never noticed until this week, despite having run the arc on dozens of characters.

Always thought that was a chessboard motif, playing off the Clockwork 'King' and his court.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Always thought that was a chessboard motif, playing off the Clockwork 'King' and his court.

It was the surprise of seeing the checkerboard pattern carried over to the light fixtures; I'd seen that the 'stock' warehouse lights were a generic metal texture, but had never noticed that it was different in this one mission. Kind of like back on Live when the devs' attention to detail poked me -- noticing that all the footgear options had different sole patterns.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/7/2020 at 10:27 AM, Frostbiter said:

That just raises more questions. Like how did Penelope's mother meet Mr. Yin, a simple shopkeeper?

Simple shopkeepers meet everybody, because they keep a shop.

Edited by LordXenophon
Wrong quote

Aquacat Sig.jpg

Aquacat (Level 50 Water/Regen Sentinel, Indomitable, 851 badges)

On 12/23/2022 at 2:19 PM, srmalloy said:

I finally realized Babbage is named after Charles Babbage 

goodness I am slow sometimes

• Haha 1

/e poofgone

2 hours ago, LordXenophon said:

Simple shopkeepers meet everybody, because they keep a shop.

Been up way too long.  So I can't call the reference to mind at the moment.

But there's a joke line somewhere in the literature I've read where the person is nothing special...merely a mere/simple/SOMETHING.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 12/23/2022 at 2:05 PM, Glacier Peak said:

More likely, given that the guy we're rescuing is an auto mechanic, and the warehouse is supposed to represent his shop, the checker motif is a reference to the "checkered flag" waved at the finish line in auto racing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not specifically game related but worthy of a "Things you didn't know you didn't know" tag:

If you use the Greek alphabet costume chest pieces it may be worth being aware that in that lexicon there is a very tiny o and a massively huge O

Omicron and Omega

And if you read it properly you realise it's not even a secret.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:36 PM, Darmian said:

As a Necromancer MM if your guys drop when you enter a mission/zone, instantly cast Soul Extraction on your Lich!  For two mins roughly you now have two Liches! And the Soul Extracted one will hang about AFTER you die and may (depends on longevity plus if it is in combat etc) rez YOU, because it has Howling Twilight,

Yeah. That doesn't work anymore since Soul Extraction was changed.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 12/25/2022 at 4:36 PM, Hyperstrike said:

Been up way too long.  So I can't call the reference to mind at the moment.

But there's a joke line somewhere in the literature I've read where the person is nothing special...merely a mere/simple/SOMETHING.

As long as they're not a cook.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:24 PM, Coin said:

Only tonight discovered that you can get into the City Hall in Atlas via the back door!

Whaaat?! Can that door be used during the Positron TF?

Discovered the /cleartray option. Used to repeatedly, right click-R, over all the tray slots during live.

• Thanks 1