Patch Notes for October 29th, 2019

The Curator

• Developer

Powers

• Fixed transparency values of Stealth and Invisibility.

Stability & Performance

• The PhysX simulation thread is now completely decoupled from the main thread and should not cause lag or frame rate slowdown even if it is extremely overloaded and falling behind.
  • PhysX is now more aggressive about dynamically removing debris if it detects the simulation is running too slowly.
  • Fixed an issue with the particles generated by certain powers taking much more processing power than they should. Stone Cages was the worst offender.

UI

• Fixed the Auction House search box not responding to input at very high (>2.5) UI scales common on 4k and UHD monitors.
  • Fixed text of Auction House "Make Offer" button not scaling with UI.
Edited by The Curator
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 13

My Earth/Storm Controller will shed a single tear for the "such powerful control, he can stop his teammates' computers" factor, but overall, move on with a better quality of life.

Will this fix Nega-Pendragon's ability to instantly wipe a Magisterium trial, too?

• Like 2

I noticed this morning an intermittent sound effect glitch on a couple of my ice/storm controller powers that I don’t ever recall  hearing before.  Freezing Rain and Frostbite.   I’m not quite sure how to describe it but there is a noticably wrong repeating or reverb on their sound f/x.

This game gets more patches and fixes than some top developer games ( :cough EA cough:)

Edited by Lunchmoney
  • Like 5

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Not included in my sample images, since I didn't want to use any part of the chat with had other people's names and messages, but the @ symbol is now so thin as to be basically invisible with the current font I've been changed to, as well as some other non-letter non-number characters being messed up.

But, really, my biggest concern is that the new font has fuzzy edges for blue'ish coloured text and other cool colours, and isn't crisp and clear like the old font was.

Btw: after this update gmotd seems to got reverted to last week version, so it shows that WST is Legend of Ruladak, while actually WST is Saga of Faathim.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

• City Council

Minor font rendering differences are probably a result of upgrading the FreeType library the game uses from some ancient version that was last updated right around never ago to the current version. But that wasn't in this patch, it's been out since at least the one prior to it.

IIRC FreeType changed at some point to autohint (snap to pixel boundaries) vertically but not horizontally, similar to ClearType and other technologies that take advantage of subpixel rendering.

• Thanks 1

I am finding myself (ironically) more confident in the current dev team's talents and decision making then I ever was in the live team ...or really 90% of other games I've played.

• Like 3

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Thunderous Blast?
According to ParagonWiki, it should not deal Knockback.

According to Pineapple, the Power Info says it does not deal Knockback.
Testing it on Pineapple against level 1 enemies while level 32, I observed no Knockback.

Do you have a spare Build available on your character which you can experiment on with no Enhancements to potentially clutter up the test results?