It's been a week

MunkiLord

This forum has been quiet for a full week now, figure I'd just post something. How is everyone's influence making going? Things slowed down for me a bit, but have picked back up in the last week. Rare salvage is creeping up again, but converters can consistently be bought for 80 k, which is nice.

I would really like a better way to move converters between characters. I don't have enough slots on my main marketing character, so I'm constantly having to pause selling for a few hours or a day to accumulate more converters. Also the converter cap is 10k, found that out a few weeks ago.

Is storing influence in email safe? Or do you think I'm better off parking it on unused characters?

I'd like to make a spreadsheet on my market activity, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. For nerd and excel learning reasons, I would prefer something rather complicated. How much data do yall think could be accurately sorted using the consignment house chat logs? Constantly using different sets and price points on the same character, canceling bids, making new ones, etc. Ideally I would like a way to pull that data, but sorting it by set and enhancement would require a TON of daily data entry, so I'm not sure how realistic that is either. Thoughts?

I just passed 2 billion this week, using two alts, but just spent a good 500 million on a build. So I need to make that up again. I notice the converters going for 80 k which is nice making more inf now. I had a stockpile of recipes so I didn't make any bids on my normal's and they have all drop a lot in inf. So things are going good. 

I hope storing inf is safe as I have a lot in my email spread out between a few emails. I claimed when I make a new alt so they have the inf they need.

• Like 2

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps

I just mail the influence to my global handle and it stays pretty safe. But then I keep thinking of ideas for alts and I usually end up going through with those ideas somewhere down the road, which means building them, and losing money!

But I get by.

"Yeah, I think I'm peeking too, and I'm pika-pika-pikatchu."

Personally, I'm mostly out of the market.  At this point I just do it as a habit or to create supply when I see a need.  My carefully planned winter-o and purple marketers sit on huge supply, since when I have an alt who needs them, I just pick them up from the market rather than go through the hassle of emailing them.

I'd suggest just buying converters when you need them for whatever character you need them for.  I try to keep 500-1000 converters on every character, and put in bids with spare slots when I log.  I mean, worst case scenario, you need 1000 converters right now, you can probably buy them instantly for 100k.  If you need 1000 converters right now, you can probably stomach the 20k/converter price for buy-it-now.  If you can't, that's when you dip into your merit supply!

I highly doubt that email is safe for the long term, but I have a lot stored in there right now.  I have a few bank mules, but even so...

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

How much data do yall think could be accurately sorted using the consignment house chat logs? Constantly using different sets and price points on the same character, canceling bids, making new ones, etc. Ideally I would like a way to pull that data, but sorting it by set and enhancement would require a TON of daily data entry, so I'm not sure how realistic that is either. Thoughts?

I enjoy writing my own log parsers for games and while I think pulling meaningful auction and/or conversion data out of the logs is possible, I decided a long time ago that it was way more trouble than it is worth. The main problem I see is that the chat is just too vague in most cases to be able to reliably determine what is going on without manually adding (via tells to oneself or other means) information. When I need data, I generally rely on screenshots or just taking notes as I am playing.

I have not been active on the market in a while either, although even on my best days I am small potatoes compared to most of the regulars in this sub-forum. Most of the reason for my inactivity is that I've outfitted all the alts I currently play and am creeping up on 1 billion influence without anything else really to spend it on. This weekend, I did post up a little over 100 enhancements I crafted from dropped recipes that I've been accumulating for about a month or so, but that's been my only real activity in nearly a month. And honestly I probably won't do much market trading until I accumulate enough craftable recipes to post another batch of 100 or so.

I personally don't store anything in e-mail for longer than it takes to log to another character and claim it, but I don't know for sure if it's any more or less safe than any other storage method.

• Like 1

Boosters...funny story.

I was pimping out my lvl 9 locked kin/ninja scrapper  the other day and discovered I had bought 120 of them. Lots to spare....not sure what I was thinking but I'll find a use for them. 

Maybe I'll make a fort. 

I've slowed down my Ebilness as well. 

Down to throwing up my enhancements on Mon/Tues, maybe taking a quick look Sat morning and collectings  other people's hard work and beginning anew Mon/Tues. 

I've started a spread sheet as well, just for curiosity sake. Pretty bare bones but I'm pretty sure it will evolve into something. Usually does lol

Beyond that got a bonus 200 mil from a Ragnarock that best guess was granted due to an extra 0 mistake. Been there many times. 

It"s kind of funny. I also had noticed it had been about a week and considered starting a thread about it. 

With that in mind we should get together next Wednesday again (it is wednesday right?) and catch up. 

We can call ourselves The Ebil League of Ebilness. 

Sorry...got a little carried away at the end there. Sometimes happens. 

So, yeah, anyways...that's what's been happening with me. 

Oh yeah....Happy Haloween. Be safe. 

Next.

2 hours ago, Murcielago said:

I've been setting a bunch of low target bids for converters and enhancement boosters and have them filling overnight. 

I do that too sometimes, but then that means I can't post my enhancements. I suppose I could split these particular niches between two characters. 

13 minutes ago, Sakai said:

Boosters...funny story.

I was pimping out my lvl 9 locked kin/ninja scrapper  the other day and discovered I had bought 120 of them. Lots to spare....not sure what I was thinking but I'll find a use for them. 

Maybe I'll make a fort. 

I've slowed down my Ebilness as well. 

Down to throwing up my enhancements on Mon/Tues, maybe taking a quick look Sat morning and collectings  other people's hard work and beginning anew Mon/Tues. 

I've started a spread sheet as well, just for curiosity sake. Pretty bare bones but I'm pretty sure it will evolve into something. Usually does lol

Beyond that got a bonus 200 mil from a Ragnarock that best guess was granted due to an extra 0 mistake. Been there many times. 

It"s kind of funny. I also had noticed it had been about a week and considered starting a thread about it. 

With that in mind we should get together next Wednesday again (it is wednesday right?) and catch up. 

We can call ourselves The Ebil League of Ebilness. 

Sorry...got a little carried away at the end there. Sometimes happens. 

So, yeah, anyways...that's what's been happening with me. 

Oh yeah....Happy Haloween. Be safe. 

Next.

I like this. We could name the thread Ebil Wednesdays. And whoever gets around to starting the thread each week can pick a lame and/or awesome subtitle! The Ebil League of Ebilness, love it. 

• Like 1

I've been pretty inactive with the market lately. I'm sitting on something like 4 billion inf plus a hoard of useful enhancements and I'm not going to have a new 50 any time in the foreseeable future. Once the Tanker changes pass to live I'll probably get back to the leveling and marketeering world.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I have 2 accounts. One is my primary; when I'm not pursuing a badge or playing an alt, I'll have my afk farmer sitting in AE, raking in the loot. The second account has two characters, identically built spines/fire brutes on two different servers to PL my new toons to level 17 so they can skip the levels I find boring, (and inadequate enhancements - there should be SOs and IOs for level 1's. ) 

I do hami raids most nights. Because they're done on level 50 characters - they just accumulate the merits. Hami-o's, in my opinion, are better off bought when needed, rather than risk 80 merits for an HO worth less than a million inf. I think 3 of the possible HOs that might drop are worth more than the 80 merits when using the standard 80k per converter "exchange rate". But, as we know, the market can be a fickle mistress. So, I always go for the merits. 

When you can use a few merits to turn "Trap of the Hunter" into an LotG, the converters make more than they would selling for 80k. At least, anecdotally, they have for me. 

As for getting the converters, those alts use the reward merits to convert to hero merits. They email the hero merits. My primary account brute will get those, and convert them to reward merits, then to converts. Another alt, on the same server as the secondary brute will do the same and simply gift the 2nd brute with converters. 

I don't track any of this - what would be the point? It's not real money. I see the pile get bigger, that's all I need to see. 30 billion and counting, and I'm still giving away 1 billion every couple of weeks, and have been for a couple of months. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 1

I didn't play for most of August and September, then I started playing with some friends on Excelsior, which... all of my money is on characters on Torchbearer, so this required me to make money on Excel.  Because having money doesn't mean I get to spend it, you know!  Then I won't have it anymore!  Every character must get to a billion influence!  Eventually!

At the point I started playing with my Excelsior friends, I had about 20 characters on Torchbearer and only 3 on Excelsior, plus a second-account farmer on each.  I mean, I'd sort of planned ahead of time to be able to play with my Excel friends, but I hadn't actually done that much with those characters.  One I'd PL'd to 50, just to have a level 50 blaster.  One got PL'd by a friend one night to 50.  The other had been PL'd to 32.  I'd marketed with all three a bit, but since I didn't log on to Excel normally it had been hit or miss and those characters had between 200 and 500 million each, which is not a whole lot by my standards.

So I immediately made some new characters on Excel, and PL'd several of them to 50, outfitted them, and then set about incarnating the fire/fire blaster because none of the others were incarnated at all.  And I started marketing.  I took stock of how much influence I had:  

Torchbearer:  10 characters (including farmer) with 1 billion each, 9 other characters I'd marketed with who had between 100 and 750 million.

Excelsior:   At the time my farmer had 1 billion, and my other characters, the three old ones had between 400 and 700 million and the others were all starting out, although one had 500 million given me by a friend for 5 winter O sets.  (Well, he gave me 600 million, I spent some, because that was the fire/fire farmer I was working on).

All of that equaled roughly 17 billion.  But like I said, I try to get to 1 billion on each character and not spend it, just whatever I make that's extra.  However, there was a lot of helping my friends out, some of whom were also coming to Excel for the first time, so I marketed pretty hard for a few weeks.  (One friend was making a pvp Stalker and wanted 6 cytos and 12 micros.  Dang, those things are expensive!  But I got them for him.)  I haven't done a full recalculation but I now have several characters on Excel at the 1 billion mark, so my guess is I'm up to 20 billion total now.

The thing I spend my money on, when a character makes over 1 billion, is winter packs.  I keep the Winter O's in e-mail and I try to have multiple copies of everything so that I can pull full sets from e-mail when needed.  Between PL'ing 4 new characters to 50 on Excel, and another that I transfered to Everlasting (because why can't all my friends play on the same sever?), and helping out multiple friends mostly by handing them Winter O sets, my stock dipped quite a bit.  But it still felt really good that I could help out my friends like that, and now I'm restocking. ^_^

Edited by Shinobu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only bother with Influence when I begin the IO transformation for a character. Today, I used about 400 merits, plus a pile of Attuned IOs to full slot my latest Super Pack Lotto winner. Up to 15 fully IO’d charcters between 23-50.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• 2 weeks later

I am relatively new but I am finding marketeering to be enjoyable and profitable. I've been at it casually for about a month. I have one tricked out character, roughly 500m in influence and I have even given away 100m. Not sure why I have or need this influence, but making it has been an interesting minigame.

• Like 4

On 10/30/2019 at 12:07 PM, Broken_Prey said:

I just passed 2 billion this week, using two alts, but just spent a good 500 million on a build. So I need to make that up again. I notice the converters going for 80 k which is nice making more inf now. I had a stockpile of recipes so I didn't make any bids on my normal's and they have all drop a lot in inf. So things are going good. 

I hope storing inf is safe as I have a lot in my email spread out between a few emails. I claimed when I make a new alt so they have the inf they need.

I would recommend making "bank toons" to hold influence, the email system has always been sketch

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JonnieNeutron said:

I would recommend making "bank toons" to hold influence, the email system has always been sketch

I don't need to make bank toons as I have 54 alts at the moment. I need to not be lazy and claim it on all my alts. With that said I don't have any inf in my email right now because I spent it all. Thanks for the tip. 

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps