Blaster Tier 9 powers

dragonhawk777

On 11/22/2019 at 5:45 PM, MunkiLord said:

I get this is a matter of perception, so I'm not saying you're wrong, just to be clear. But I always liked the term Blapper and greatly prefer it to Blanker. But I'm also a long time Scrapper player so that may play a factor.

I use Toe Bomber... 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 7:22 PM, Vanden said:

They did get stuff, like how Ice's holds are real attacks now, and the strongest ones in the set to boot.

I think that was from before. Sonic, Water and Dual Pistols certainly didn't get anything and along with Ice, were specifically called out in the patch notes as going to receive upgrades as a result. Screech and Suppressing Fire both deal no appreciable damage.

20 minutes ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

I think that was from before. Sonic, Water and Dual Pistols certainly didn't get anything and along with Ice, were specifically called out in the patch notes as going to receive upgrades as a result. Screech and Suppressing Fire both deal no appreciable damage.

I also remember Ice getting the boost previous to any snipe changes. In my opinion Ice doesn't need any boost to compensate for the lack of snipe, it's amazing. But I also wouldn't be opposed to it. 

49 minutes ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

It was going to be an issue 24 change. Issue 24 didn't get finished, naturally.

9 minutes ago, Vanden said:

It was going to be an issue 24 change. Issue 24 didn't get finished, naturally.

I swear Freeze Ray was changed on live, but regardless we're still waiting on the buffs for Sonic, Pistols and Water. Sonic in particular is embarrassing on anything but a defender.

I do agree Ice is in good shape. Sentinels really need Freeze Ray instead of Chill Ray though. Just what no one wanted, a single target sleep!

Edited by Bossk_Hogg

On 11/22/2019 at 11:27 AM, Bentley Berkeley said:

You are the one using Blapper a term long established to in genral be used as a derogatory term for blasters who like to make full use of their power sets and get in close. The term those kind of blasters like myself have always preferred is Blanker as in Point Blank.

I played an Energy² Blaster for all 8 years of retail, and again for the past 6 months on HC, and I've never heard of "blanker".  It has always been "blapper", both positively and negatively.  "Blanker" is quite possibly the silliest thing I've ever heard, and if anyone ever called me one, I'd blap them into the next zone with Power Thrust.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 5

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 hour ago, Rathulfr said:

I played an Energy² Blaster for all 8 years of retail, and again for the past 6 months on HC, and I've never heard of "blanker".  It has always been "blapper", both positively and negatively.  "Blanker" is quite possibly the silliest thing I've ever heard, and if anyone ever called me one, I'd blap them into the next zone with Power Thrust.

I can't recall having heard that term when the game was live, but I might be drawing a Blanker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/26/2019 at 10:10 AM, Rathulfr said:

This thread is the first time I've heard "blanker" honestly, if it was applied to my toon I'd feel insulted

• Like 2

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I've heard Blanker and Blanktroller as well. But those require very specific builds and playstyles...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• 2 years later

Sorry to necro this thread but I agree with the op's post from way back then. It seems to me that the people that were posting AGAINST the idea of a ranged nuke are the one's being selfish. Most people who play blasters want to play RANGED characters - I.E. not running up into combat. It makes ZERO sense to do so. Some of the "arguments" made against such a small change were some of the weakest excuses I have ever seen!

The op made many good points that were just blatantly ignored which tells me that those against the idea were just against the idea with no good reason other than SELFISH ones.

1) As the op stated, by the time you get the nuke and slot it for effectiveness the targets are already going down in .05 secs ANYWAY from not just ranged attacks but MELEE NUKES that happen to be convenient because you are up there anyway by default! Why should a RANGED character have to close the distance to do the same and then run back out??? Retarded, The thing that you "fear" ranged nukes being able to do should already be possible with melee nukes. I think what you fear is that you won't have a chance to use YOURS.

2) The op pointed out that you can get that ranged nuke ANYWAY through incarnates powers! You don't have an issue with that as it is the same thing??? Where is your "argument" against that?

3) The numbers can be adjusted to be similar to incarnate recharge times if being "overpowered" LOL is the issue in a game where high tier characters already are...

In closing - stop being a wanker

• Thumbs Down 3

... WHY do people dig up old threads like this just to insult opinions from 2-3 years ago? Needs to be a limit on how far back you can necro posts from.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, Drow2100 said:

2) The op pointed out that you can get that ranged nuke ANYWAY through incarnates powers! You don't have an issue with that as it is the same thing??? Where is your "argument" against that?

A character gets their T9 nuke at level 32 (or 38 for the ATs with the damage sets as secondary); you don't get an incarnate ranged nuke until you reach 50, unlock your alpha slot, then earn enough incarnate experience to unlock your Judgment and Interface slots, after which you can craft and slot a Judgment ability. It's a higher hurdle.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Drow2100 said:

Sorry to necro this thread but I agree with the op's post from way back then. It seems to me that the people that were posting AGAINST the idea of a ranged nuke are the one's being selfish. Most people who play blasters want to play RANGED characters - I.E. not running up into combat. It makes ZERO sense to do so. Some of the "arguments" made against such a small change were some of the weakest excuses I have ever seen!

The op made many good points that were just blatantly ignored which tells me that those against the idea were just against the idea with no good reason other than SELFISH ones.

1) As the op stated, by the time you get the nuke and slot it for effectiveness the targets are already going down in .05 secs ANYWAY from not just ranged attacks but MELEE NUKES that happen to be convenient because you are up there anyway by default! Why should a RANGED character have to close the distance to do the same and then run back out??? Retarded, The thing that you "fear" ranged nukes being able to do should already be possible with melee nukes. I think what you fear is that you won't have a chance to use YOURS.

3) The numbers can be adjusted to be similar to incarnate recharge times if being "overpowered" LOL is the issue in a game where high tier characters already are...

In closing - stop being a wanker

Blasters aren’t ranged characters.  Never have been.

Next.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1