Phantom Army Customisation

Riverdusk

It's pretty neat! I was playing with it on test. It copies your current costume and spawns three copies.

Fun little tidbit: If you change costumes in the middle of the summoning animation, any Decoys spawned after will take on your new appearance! If you switch from one costume without the copies to one that does, instead you get normal phantoms, but they're all the same body and colors as your 2nd costume. I tried my best to break it and get 3 different looking decoys, but to no avail.

screenshot_200104-15-18-09.jpg

screenshot_200104-14-47-32.jpg

Edited by EmperorSteele
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And can we extend it to Phantasm's suicidal ass?  Seems like if we get the option for PA we should also have it for Phanty.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Hardship said:

Finally!  I' have been wanting to be able to have a "mirror image" since I first ran my Illusion control on original servers!

Yeah, I remember people (including myself) doing the opposite of this change back on live and trying to come up with a costume for themselves that looked like the phantom decoys.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

And can we extend it to Phantasm's suicidal ass?  Seems like if we get the option for PA we should also have it for Phanty.

Speaking of that I'm still hopeful the Mastermind pet changes will be extended to controller pets (at least the part where ranged pets try to stay at range).  Come to think of it though, phantasm might be the only controller pet that really is "ranged only", or should be anyway.

Edited by Riverdusk

Singularity is theoretically ranged-only. Its only melee-range effect is a knockback that is intended to throw mobs away so that they're not in melee anymore. A lot of players have slotted a KB to KD IO into it and use it as a repeated knockdown power, which is great... but I think that conceptually you could easily argue that Singularity is intended as a range-only pet and should use the same AI that keeps it from advancing to melee.

6 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Yeah, I remember people (including myself) doing the opposite of this change back on live and trying to come up with a costume for themselves that looked like the phantom decoys.

I did that as well. 🙂 I didn't end up using that costume much, but I did have it for one of my costume slots.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:58 PM, Riverdusk said:

Speaking of that I'm still hopeful the Mastermind pet changes will be extended to controller pets (at least the part where ranged pets try to stay at range).  Come to think of it though, phantasm might be the only controller pet that really is "ranged only", or should be anyway.

They said that after the MM changes get tested and released live, controllers and doms are next. Good times are on the horizon.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:57 PM, Riverdusk said:

My current Ill/FF controller is this.  So I appreciate the pending change.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

On 1/4/2020 at 1:46 PM, Sovera said:

Whaaaat!

IKR?  The dev team doesn't know it's 2020!

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

12 hours ago, Goblin Queen said:

This is amazing. I hope one day we can assign costume files to that power. So say, a Goblin Queen, could summon a bunch of little male goblin minions. 😛 This is leaps and bounds better than the tights however and will make me start playing Illusion again!

As an example - it took a lot of doing to make this happen and even so, I have to costume change to the form I want, then cast Phantom Army, then change back. It's cool but it's a lot of setup. I hope we one day are able to assign the costume slot to the pet power (great for certain Mastermind pets too, where applicable).

goblins.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Goblin Queen said:

As an example - it took a lot of doing to make this happen and even so, I have to costume change to the form I want, then cast Phantom Army, then change back. It's cool but it's a lot of setup. I hope we one day are able to assign the costume slot to the pet power (great for certain Mastermind pets too, where applicable).

goblins.jpg

This is really awesome how you made the clones look like your goblin minions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goblin Queen said:

goblins.jpg

Id hope thats where it will end up. Wont be "choose a costume file" because those are local on your machine but "choose a costume slot" should be possible (allowing for the standard code rant because there might be weirdness serverside).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Id hope thats where it will end up. Wont be "choose a costume file" because those are local on your machine but "choose a costume slot" should be possible (allowing for the standard code rant because there might be weirdness serverside).

Agreed - not files but slots would work. Someone in my official feedback thread on the subject said that it could even be a pre-determined slot, like Slot 1. Then we select Mirror or Mirror Custom for example (or Phantom Mirror Custom in order to get the FX attached). That would work as well as a limited implementation of the concept

Edited by Goblin Queen