Patch Notes for January 23rd, 2020 - Issue 26, Page 4

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

Gauntlet & PunchVoke

• Gauntlet is now applied via a global proc.
    • Any single target power that takes endurance cost enhancements will trigger an AoE taunt.
    • Every AoE power that takes endurance cost enhancements will taunt the enemies it hit.
    • All Auras that take endurance cost enhancements will taunt the enemies they hit.
    • Radius is now the same for all attacks (10ft, 5 targets max)
    • Taunt scale is now 10% higher than the Brute's.

This would be extremely useful, and I think balanced for Kheldian Dwarfs as well.
At the moment surviving damage can be done do an okay degree, but their taunt ability is pretty poor.

Thanks so much to the Homecoming team!

• Thanks 1

This looks great gang, can't wait until I have time to get back in and play again 🙂  The mastermind changes in particular were asked for for SO LONG on live - it's really great to see them implemented in what seems like a measured way.

Also can't wait to try my tank!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

What about Phantasm? He doesn't even have a melee attack and still constantly goes into melee getting himself killed and ruining his dps cause his energy torrent no longer hits the whole mob.

Also super strength really needs to have foot stomp sooner as well at least 28 if not 20, but really should be swapped with knockout blow, that is definitely a tier 9 power.

Your turn is coming, they will be looked at soon.

In the meantime, ENJOY HAVING YOUR PETS LOOK JUST LIKE YOU!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Feedback from the thread.

They were originally included in the list:

Okay, so I'm not insane.  I get some of that feedback, though I'm not sure it needed to be all Demons, just the t1 ones that tend to Arsonist themselves.

Just kind of a bummer that I missed it because I had hopes for making a Demon MM specifically for this patch (well, not that I still can't, it just won't make a difference for keeping them well-behaved).

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Fixed a bug that allowed players to inadvertently delete the geometry of entire zones.

I don't really understand what this means, but it sounds pretty cool. 

Thanks, as always, to everyone who contributed to this update!

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Issue 26, Page 4

Tanker & Brute Changes

Scaling & Stats

• Tanker:
    • Ranged damage modifier increased from 0.5 to 0.8, Melee damage modifier increased from 0.8 to 0.95,
      • Bruise has been removed in favor of a flat damage scale increase.
    • Buff modifiers increased to match Controller values.
    • Damage buff cap increased from 400% to 500%.
  • Brute:
    • Ranged and Melee damage modifiers are now equal at 0.75.
    • Damage buff cap lowered from 775% to 700%.
  • All Brute and Tanker Epic pools now use ranged damage modifiers.
    • Note that due to the above changes, Epic Pools should see no damage change at all.

Am I missing something here? 

Are we nerfing Brutes to indirectly buff Tankers and Scrappers so they have a purpose?

@Captain Powerhouseis gauntlet an auto hit now or does it still suffer from a to-hit roll?

Gauntlet & PunchVoke

• Gauntlet is now applied via a global proc.
    • Any single target power that takes endurance cost enhancements will trigger an AoE taunt.
    • Every AoE power that takes endurance cost enhancements will taunt the enemies it hit.
    • All Auras that take endurance cost enhancements will taunt the enemies they hit.
    • Radius is now the same for all attacks (10ft, 5 targets max)
    • Taunt scale is now 10% higher than the Brute's.
  • Brute PunchVoke is now also applied via a global proc.
    • Any power that either inflicts damage or takes accuracy enhancements will trigger PunchVoke.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

4 minutes ago, Ninjaboy said:

Am I missing something here? 

Are we nerfing Brutes to indirectly buff Tankers and Scrappers so they have a purpose?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I like a lot of these changes. 👍

For the new Mirror option on Illusion Control, it would be nice to also have a 'Dark' option for summoning the Mirrors to match the 'Dark' customization option available to the rest of the powerset.

EDIT: or even a no vfx option for the power's summoning animation

Edited by Jon

2 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

There is still a roll hit needed for the base attack but once that hits the taunt AoE is now auto hit.

Well, at least that happened then.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I just checked, Dragon's Tail doesn't seem to have had a radius increase, still at 8'. Can't tell from description if this is intended, an oversight, or that the description wasn't updated properly.  

Edited by Force Redux

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

• Developer

The radius buff is very much like Range Boost or hasten, it changes the powers dynamically unless the power description stated it’s unaffected. Those kind of buffs don’t show up in the power info but can be seen in the list of attribs for gauntlet.

For reference, unaffected powers are listed in the patch notes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png