Favorite in-game quotes

Troo

Kind of a simple one for me, but I always get a chuckle out of this one that you see in a lot of radio/paper missions with a boss. 

Bonesnap: "Did you see that news report on Positron? What bull. I could take him. The whole freakin' Freedom Phalanx too!"

Ah, yes, you, the level 10 Bone Daddy, are going to take down the whole freakin' Freedom Phalanx. Sure thing, pal. 😉

• Like 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

this little gem just caught me slightly off-guard....as soon as i zoned into 'Confront Veles" mission:

[NPC] Death Head Buckshot: ...and so I told her, 'if you wanna be in The Skulls, you know what you gotta do'...
[NPC] Gravedigger Assailant: Oh man, don't tell me she did what I think she did?
[NPC] Death Head Buckshot: Yep.
[NPC] Gravedigger Assailant: You're such a pig.
[NPC] Death Head Buckshot: Oink, oink, baby!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later
On 2/27/2020 at 2:44 AM, GastlyGibus said:

Kind of a simple one for me, but I always get a chuckle out of this one that you see in a lot of radio/paper missions with a boss. 

Bonesnap: "Did you see that news report on Positron? What bull. I could take him. The whole freakin' Freedom Phalanx too!"

Ah, yes, you, the level 10 Bone Daddy, are going to take down the whole freakin' Freedom Phalanx. Sure thing, pal. 😉

I doubt he could take on "InsertnameofweakestmemberoftheFreedomPhalanxhere."

Not really NPC chatter, but this act looms large in my personal in-game mythology.  The name is just too perfect, especially for 2004:

spacer.png

This poster is in a low level Hellions mission from Azuria.  Firemullet appears in 'Lawyers of Ghastly Horror', and my Everlasting SG is 'Firemullet Groupies'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'm wondering if new quotes have been added. I've started seeing Skulls Girlfriends in the Hollows complaining about, "When do things start getting real fun? So far all they do is rip off purses and fight each other."

For all of the (totally deserved) flak that the VEAT arcs get on redside, I always liked Jenkin's quote when you have to get the list from him.

"Hey, it's [Player]! How's things going? Why are you looking at me like you want to beat me up?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

Been doing Von Grun's arc for the first time today and this entire bit from Arbiter Daos absolutely slayed me:

"We've been watching you help out Vernon von Grun, [Character]. In fact, we've had our eye on him for a while now. Von Grun is a genius, alright. He's also reckless, immoral, obsessed, and likely a danger to everyone around him. In other words, a perfect mad scientist candidate. We've been wondering when he'd finally make his big break, and it looks like what he needed was some professional help. A pro-level villain, I mean. Like you.

I'm not upset about the base. A base here or there is a small price to pay for good mad science. Why do you think we keep Dr. Aeon around? That guy's a complete loon, but if you need to power a city by tapping into an entombed demon, you can't let sanity stop you. And organizations like ours always need more mad scientists. Sure, we've got Aeon and Weaver-1, and even Grillo when he really gets into it. But compare that to the Council: Nosferatu, Vandal, Arakhn, Burkholder, even Requiem dabbles in mad science sometimes. And don't even get me started on Nemesis! We need more mad scientists if we're to keep up, and we've been hoping that von Grun would make the leap. It looks like he will, thanks to your help.

Now, I have to interrogate him to see how well he rants under pressure. In the meantime, you should check out that Hamidon organelle the Crey have."

• Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

2 hours ago, Dreamboat said:

Why do you think we keep Dr. Aeon around? That guy's a complete loon, but if you need to power a city by tapping into an entombed demon, you can't let sanity stop you.

Wait, so the Luddites are actually on to something?

• Haha 3

I have some “odd” toon names.

NPC in Cimerora: Nobody can defeat Herpes!

Different toon...

Vanguard security:  Not so fast Numbnuts, I need to see some identification.

I also have a toon named Enormous Genitals and Fart monster but the above two NPC quotes come to mind.

Edited by fitzsimmons
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Run the Villain Strike Force in Cap au Diable, RikOz.  You actually go inside the demon, and then fight the demon's manifested avatar inside its own stomach.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Virgil_Tarikoss

And then there's an arc in Cap au Diable, Level 15 to 25, or thereabouts.  The Contact -is- a Luddite.   

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Brother_Hammond

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Run the Villain Strike Force in Cap au Diable, RikOz.  You actually go inside the demon, and then fight the demon's manifested avatar inside its own stomach.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Virgil_Tarikoss

And then there's an arc in Cap au Diable, Level 15 to 25, or thereabouts.  The Contact -is- a Luddite.   

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Brother_Hammond

As mentioned, you're inside the mountain fighting Bat'Zul.

Marshal Brass also has an (older) arc where you learn about the PTS - it's in the clues. Brother Hammond was added (much) later.

To stay on topic, Marshal Brass' arc also has the line "Sure, weird metal things sometimes try to kill me, but at least it's a union job, so I'm gonna get comp time for this." (in one of the clues)

Edited by siolfir
  • Haha 3

Take a close look at the surroundings.  You enter from the mouth, and proceed in to the stomach, which has lava instead of stomach acid.  The textures are low-res, but they're flesh and bone.  Other than the mechanical components and pipes, which are the PTS tubes which Aeon drilled literally through Bat'Zul's skull.

• 4 weeks later
On 2/18/2020 at 10:48 PM, VileTerror said:

I think it's supposed to be "Where are the Hellions?"

As in:  This activity is beneath us; send in people who are typically considered on that level instead of us.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:46 PM, srmalloy said:

I think it's actually a different typo you need to report; it feels as if it makes more sense if the second line is "Seriously, where are the Hellions?"

It could also supposed to have been "Seriously, are we the Hellions?"

Makes more sense to me that way.

Random NPC in Atlas:

[NPC] Worried Citizen: The refugees are eating all the food. The Taco Emporium is out of their Whipped Fish Quesadillas!

Actually kinda curious as to what a Whipped Fish Quesadillas is.

Edited by SuperPlyx