Focused Feedback: Shock Therapy (Build 1)

Jimmy

Amp Up bug:

PBAoE's that summon pseudopets (Burn, Irradiated Ground) apply the Amp Up endurance drain effect on the caster.

1823961160_ampup.png.73c475e53c3f357927d08a138d2f1775.png

Amp Up bug #2:

Its +Special component doesn't buff defense. This also reproduces for Empowering Circuit.

Edited by Auroxis

26 minutes ago, Auroxis said:

Its +Special component doesn't buff defense. This also reproduces for Empowering Circuit.

What power's Defense were you trying to buff? Is it possible it's a power that it's flagged to ignore outside buffs/debuffs?

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

2 minutes ago, Trickshooter said:

What power's Defense were you trying to buff? Is it possible it's a power that it's flagged to ignore outside buffs/debuffs?

No, it was Maneuvers and Weave. This isn't a generic bug either, since Power Boost works just fine.

It also doesn't buff the Heal on Healing Flames, but that's to be expected since that power has enhanceable +resist.

Edited by Auroxis

3 minutes ago, Auroxis said:

It also doesn't buff the Heal on Healing Flames, but that's to be expected since that power has enhanceable +resist.

This is something I was concerned about seeing the Ally +Special. I expect some bug reports from people saying that they don't work on specific powers, not realizing that those powers have always been excluded from outside buffs/debuffs, it was just difficult to notice on the ATs that didn't have access to +Special effects before.

Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

If the naming convention is still a thing, here are some of my unoriginal suggestions:

Electrotherapy

Spark of Life

Bioelectricity

Voltaic Recovery

Bioelectric Boost

Otherwise, I look forward to playing around with this set!

Edited by Silverbolt

It would be very radical for -recovery or 0% endurance to mean something in PvE. I know a few have mentioned it, but that's the one hang up to me with elec sets. 

No endurance should have a -dmg or -def component since you're sapped of all your energy. 

I thought of a potentially (pun noticed but not intended) controversial suggestion for Shock, but first some background on where it was coming from: Electric Melee offers a chance of mag 2 sleep with Charged Brawl (10%), Havoc Punch (30%), and Jacob's Ladder (10%).

Realizing that it would make the power best for Controllers, would it help while soloing to add a short 30% mag 3 sleep, and a minor damage tick (similar to Gale) to keep it from stacking?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, siolfir said:

I thought of a potentially (pun noticed but not intended) controversial suggestion for Shock, but first some background on where it was coming from: Electric Melee offers a chance of mag 2 sleep with Charged Brawl (10%), Havoc Punch (30%), and Jacob's Ladder (10%).

Realizing that it would make the power best for Controllers, would it help while soloing to add a short 30% mag 3 sleep, and a minor damage tick (similar to Gale) to keep it from stacking?

I like the sleep idea, as I was thinking the set needed more of it too. Not sure about damage ticks though, as it might just turn the set into another proc monster candidate (I'm not against that, but I doubt the devs want that).

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

23 minutes ago, siolfir said:

You wouldn't need the damage to prevent stacking. The Sleep could actually be flagged to not stack. I know because PGA used to prevent stacking of it's Sleep, so as soon as you activated it again, the previous Sleep would immediately end.

• Thanks 1

Had a chance last night to play with it solo and on a team and have to say my initial take on it is I really enjoy this set.  I'll touch on my thoughts and experiences.

Solo - I'm a big believer that support sets should be made and judged for performance by how well they assist a team and if they end up sololing well that's just a secondary benefit due to design. Those who do solo and choose support sets that are not solo friendly that challenge is on you.  I have done it myself took a Cold/dark fender up solo talk about spending most of your time using your secondary along with a few others.

For solo went /Sonic, water, beam, I took Shock, Discharge , Faraday Cage. Went Atlas > Hollows >Steel.   Wasn't the roughest leveling , and was decently smooth. Spamming of shock as part of my rotation and using Discharge when I needed worked well.

Team - was great , some of the most fun I had. Felt like Buff Blasting , as I slung bolts out at my allies to empower them . The low cooldown fast activation of the heal/end/absorb buffs felt so nice and smooth.  I felt very useful and it felt like I contributed to the team in a significant way.

This was my feel and playability go through , I'll do a more numbers and technical one soon.

Some thoughts

I agree with the above , that adding a sleep to Shock would be nice , it does feel like it needed just a little something.

The emphasis on end drain is weird as a primary secondary support effect when its not effective like it use to be .  Unless you have plans to adjust it. I would like to see more -dmg spread into the set though .

Faraday Cage , I like the target location aspect of it and that it's on a short cooldown ( not running some heavy end guzzling toggle yess), but can you add -dmg to foes inside it , and let us be able to double stack it , even if it's only the mez protection part that stacks or put multiples out since your one will end as soon as you click it again , maybe like 2 Max and then the third cancels out the first placed or as many as you can get if they don't stack

Edited by Snow0wl
  • Like 2

Dumb question, as I havent played the set yet, but I'm curious if faraday's cage requires you to be on the ground to use it. I assume so, and just thought it seemed limiting to those who prefer supporting from hover/fly. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

No you can use it while flying it places the bubble around you , if you're near the ground it's there if you're in the air then it isjust floating in the air with tendrals of electricity shooting down looking like a jellyfish,. You still get the benefits of it if you're under it so the effect is more of a column

spacer.png

Edited by Snow0wl
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Snow0wl said:

No you can use it while flying it places the bubble around you , if you're near the ground it's there if you're in the air then it isjust floating in the air with tendrals of electricity shooting down looking like a jellyfish,. You still get the benefits of it if you're under it so the effect is more of a column

More of a... cage

On 2/25/2020 at 10:40 AM, Jimmy said:

• ShockTherapy_FaradayCage.png.02a4013c86e2b9fe8befa51f6f927db8.png T5: Faraday Cage (Location (PBAoE), Team +Res(Status, Knockback, Energy, Negative, Psi, -Rech, -Rec, -End))
    • Create a large energy barrier at your location which protects allies from status effects, knockbacks, energy, negative and psionic damage, and recharge and recovery debuffs. Recharge: Slow

Testing this set yesterday I would say Faraday cage should be a toggle power. The duration was very short and it being a static location makes it a power that will likely be skipped a ton.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, troublex said:

Testing this set yesterday I would say Faraday cage should be a toggle power. The duration was very short and it being a static location makes it a power that will likely be skipped a ton.

Do we know how long the duration of the effects last when leaving the patch area? If you can drop it in a location, then anyone who enters gets the buff for...I dunno 30 seconds...then can leave the patch, that would be extremely useful. 

• Like 1

I disagree , it has a 32.1 second duration with a 32 second base recharge . It's basically perma from start , and with recharge it's always up.  As a click it's not draining your endurance and not having to run some end heavy toggle like Sonic and ff is great, at low levels it will be up every fight , and as you get higher and have recharge slotted, hasten and other means of recharge it will be up every fight also.

About 5 secs after you leave

@Bopper

Edited by Snow0wl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Waypoint said:

It would be very radical for -recovery or 0% endurance to mean something in PvE. I know a few have mentioned it, but that's the one hang up to me with elec sets. 

No endurance should have a -dmg or -def component since you're sapped of all your energy. 

Why not apply a "negative endurance discount" (for all intents and purposes, an endurance tax) that increases the cost of the foe's attacks?

But all in all, combat encounters have become far too short.  Encounters long enough will drain the foe's endurance to near empty without any -END or -recover.  For endurance debuffs (and a lot of other defensive debuffs) to matter, you really need a game that is actually difficult against foes that are actually dangerous.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Do we know how long the duration of the effects last when leaving the patch area? If you can drop it in a location, then anyone who enters gets the buff for...I dunno 30 seconds...then can leave the patch, that would be extremely useful. 

It appears to be roughly 4s (I'm guessing 4.25s) duration with a 4s tick rate (so you can be without the buff for a fair bit of time after entering the cage).

• Like 1

I guess AP has crashed.  I was trying to test whether or not Faraday Cage can be cast while mezzed.  It appears to be the case in brief testing.  Can anyone confirm or contradict that?

[Edit:]

With AP back up I was able to get on my toon in AE and confirm that Faraday Cage can be cast while mezzed.  That makes it quite a good power.

Edited by csr

This may sound a little weird, but what I am finding myself wishing is that Discharge was both a Static Builder and Static Spender.

Basically what I wish Discharge did was not actually launch until I let go of the button. Like, I wish I could hold the button down it to charge it up, building up a bunch of Static, then unleash it when I'm ready.

This would obviously mainly be useful solo, where you have time to stop between spawns. But it would directly fix the current hole, giving the set a way to build Static easily. On teams you'd get your Static from the buff powers.

This would also have interesting synergy with the rezz.

Current mechanics probably don't support that. But its just the feeling I get as I'm playing and come up to each new group.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, csr said:

It appears to be roughly 4s (I'm guessing 4.25s) duration with a 4s tick rate (so you can be without the buff for a fair bit of time after entering the cage).

My initial guess a page ago was 2s. But it is definitely longer than that.

4s may be closer to the value.

At any rate, it should be a lot faster imo. If you are trying to be protected by the cage is should be nearly immediate if possible. 

• Like 1