Vet Level......1006

Chirikiti

Mmmm hmmm Vet Level 1006 Mind/Psi Dominator. Torchbearer

A special thanks to all the people who have, and continue to facilitate my enjoyment and entertainment, especial KREW, you know who you are 😃

A thank you to all who made it possible to play this game again and to all who are playing.

Turned xp off for a week to celebrate, but after 2-days I miss the bells and whistles of level-ups hah. So going to turn it back on an let it ride. Now I guess to finish the few remaining solos

Be seeing you

screenshot_200225-19-25-29.thumb.jpg.146748af13f96a8c5f04636292008663.jpg

The origins of Number-Six (Best television show ever made + best theme song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlFiHhN8aew

• Like 11

what is there to be said.. much respect

image.png.291e9a6db5bd7241be40773eeb65b0a1.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I would love to be able to solo TFs... I don't get to play often, and I team up even less often, so I pretty much solo everything, but I have yet to build a char that can handle AVs. Very frustrating to be able to go through the entire TF with zero difficulty, only to hit a brick wall at the end.

12 minutes ago, Arnabas said:

I would love to be able to solo TFs... I don't get to play often, and I team up even less often, so I pretty much solo everything, but I have yet to build a char that can handle AVs. Very frustrating to be able to go through the entire TF with zero difficulty, only to hit a brick wall at the end.

Use one of the diamagnetic incarnate powers that adds -regen to your attacks, and then build for survival from there.  Use a +defense set and/or -tohit set to reduce incoming damage.

19 minutes ago, Arnabas said:

What's your favorite character AT and powerset?

3 hours ago, Chirikiti said:

Mmmm hmmm Vet Level 1006 Mind/Psi Dominator. Torchbearer

A special thanks to all the people who have, and continue to facilitate my enjoyment and entertainment, especial KREW, you know who you are 😃

A thank you to all who made it possible to play this game again and to all who are playing.

Turned xp off for a week to celebrate, but after 2-days I miss the bells and whistles of level-ups hah. So going to turn it back on an let it ride. Now I guess to finish the few remaining solos

Be seeing you

screenshot_200225-19-25-29.thumb.jpg.146748af13f96a8c5f04636292008663.jpg

This is awesome! Also not surprising when I think about it, I feel you are on a good amount of the random TFs I join(along with O'Toole). 

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

What's your favorite character AT and powerset?

I play a bit of everything.

I have a tanker that can survive AVs, but doesn't have the damage output to overcome them. I have other characters who can do a bit of damage, but don't survive long enough to wear them down.

1 hour ago, merrypessimist said:

Use one of the diamagnetic incarnate powers that adds -regen to your attacks, and then build for survival from there.  Use a +defense set and/or -tohit set to reduce incoming damage.

That's fine for higher-level stuff, but I would like to do all TFs. If I exemp down to the appropriate level, that doesn't help, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Chirikiti said:

You didn't need to tell that to anyone who's seen the show, that's exactly what I thought of first when I saw the name.  :)

Now I just need to find a character I like enough to get that high of vet levels with.  So what do you do with all your vet-level-loot anyway, the Empyrean merits and whatnot?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, Arnabas said:

Buy an enormous stack of envenomed daggers. I was amazed at what I could solo throwing one of those every few attacks.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Arnabas said:

That's fine for higher-level stuff, but I would like to do all TFs. If I exemp down to the appropriate level, that doesn't help, unfortunately.

The term "solo" is largely up to interpretation. You can EASILY solo the major tfs - Posi 1,2, Synapse, Citadel, Yin. Manticore is a bit tougher with 2 avs, but can still be done. Numina is very simple to solo. 

The key is to find something to "tank" the AV while you dish out damage. 

Your options: Summoned Pet from p2w, Vanguard Heavy (HVAC) that you get for 150 VG merits (or is it 250?) or a lot of other options - like the temp fire shield from Stephanie Peebles, or the Cryonic Armor from ..I want to say Barry Gosford. Or just purchase a kinetic dampener from p2w. 

The other things you need to do are to have a build that has some defense so you're not hit every time. If you don't, you'll need some lucks, the bigger the better. But the more defense your build has, the longer your characters can last. 

You also need to understand strategy when facing certain AVs. 
Marauder, Nosferatu, Protean - don't stand in melee with these - do them at range. Kite them, fly overhead and blast them. 

As you play more, you'll learn various tips and tricks to fighting avs. I can't speak for everyone, but I suffered a lot of dirt naps before I learned how to handle them. It takes practice. 

13 hours ago, Arnabas said:

I would suggest, if you are not running the game on a toaster, is to roll up a second account with a buff/debuff character to /follow you around.

I do this with a Sonic/ Defender, the -30% res debuff from Disruption Field is really strong, along with the +res shields you can apply makes it a lot easier to do content by yourself. Give it Leadership toggles, Aid Other and Invisibility so that it never draws aggro, just passively buffs you. This toon doesn't even need any IOs, just pop some crafted SO and it's good to go.

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

The term "solo" is largely up to interpretation.

Damn right it is.  My empathy defender has 'soloed' many difficult enemies.

A Shivan or Vanguard Heavy with Fortitude and infinite hit points is terrifying. 🙂

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I don't know if I should congratulate you, or to tell you to get a life!

Haha, totally kidding, makes me wonder where it caps at though...if at all. That would suck if it flips and starts you over like some old Atari score, lol.

• Haha 1

The only time we'll see Troo and Vet level 1000+ together:

image.png.18a32b5c054e42afb39eb679d6160370.png

thank you forum engine.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

wow hey everyone thanks.

alright a few things

dual-boxing a TF is not a solo

no envenomed dagger use

In regards to phat lewts and what I do with them, collect em mostly:

1240 Villain Merits

2400 Empyrian Merits

9-10K Merits (when reach cap I convert 1000 to villain-merits and start again.

12 of each vr/26 of each rare/44 uncommon/160 each common.

Thread Cap (10000) often then I spend a bunch of threads on team-damage inspirations

TF Level gains:    Apex/Tin Mage = Always 1 level

LRSF + STF combined = 1 Level

LGTF +MC + Khan + ITF combined = 1 Level

41 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

It's just as silly, so YES!

I think it counts hah

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I don't know if I should congratulate you, or to tell you to get a life!

Haha, totally kidding, makes me wonder where it caps at though...if at all. That would suck if it flips and starts you over like some old Atari score, lol.

both =p

11 hours ago, Ukase said:

The term "solo" is largely up to interpretation. You can EASILY solo the major tfs - Posi 1,2, Synapse, Citadel, Yin. Manticore is a bit tougher with 2 avs, but can still be done. Numina is very simple to solo. 

The key is to find something to "tank" the AV while you dish out damage. 

Your options: Summoned Pet from p2w, Vanguard Heavy (HVAC) that you get for 150 VG merits (or is it 250?) or a lot of other options - like the temp fire shield from Stephanie Peebles, or the Cryonic Armor from ..I want to say Barry Gosford. Or just purchase a kinetic dampener from p2w. 

The other things you need to do are to have a build that has some defense so you're not hit every time. If you don't, you'll need some lucks, the bigger the better. But the more defense your build has, the longer your characters can last. 

You also need to understand strategy when facing certain AVs. 
Marauder, Nosferatu, Protean - don't stand in melee with these - do them at range. Kite them, fly overhead and blast them. 

As you play more, you'll learn various tips and tricks to fighting avs. I can't speak for everyone, but I suffered a lot of dirt naps before I learned how to handle them. It takes practice. 

Right about the vast majority of under 50 TFs: Posi 1 can barely be called one, Yin you can solo faster than many teams. Citadel etc etc. pretty much true of all of em.

I was going to take issue with "The key is to find something to "tank" the AV while you dish out damage" buuut everyone's dif AT abilities/power sets make that probably a true statement often. I never approached any of my targets with that philosophy though.

I tank the AV

Don't use temp powers often

My build is defensively compromised for QoL and other reasons

Experience and strategy for sure. Everyone's mileage will vary depending on AT/Power Sets, but outside of Battle Maiden on Apex I just stand toe-to-toe with them

All the under 50 TFs were done with no pets/Lores

Most of the GMs were lore-less too, primarily because that's how I did it on live and figured using them now would cheapen the victory. (There were exceptions: Council War Walker and Halloween Jack cuz I was tired and wanted to log but found him alone so screw it =p)

Experience is really the key, and not just with that particular AV/GM/TF...in general. People are always asking about my build...20% build 80% experience AND observation. I'm a big proponent of leveling through the content (maybe not all/every arc etc but some from every level-bloc zone, this is where you learn stuff.

I could give someone my character to use and unless they had some decent longer-term experience with it in relation to the the content at various levels they probably won't pull off this stuff or play anywhere near close. Same for me, give me you're uber +4x8 destroyer of a blaster and no way will I pull off what you could do in any content without copious experience.

Overall decent advice in general

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You didn't need to tell that to anyone who's seen the show, that's exactly what I thought of first when I saw the name.  🙂

Now I just need to find a character I like enough to get that high of vet levels with.  So what do you do with all your vet-level-loot anyway, the Empyrean merits and whatnot?

😃    Anyone who knows The Prisoner is a +1 in my book

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Chirikiti said:

TF Level gains:    Apex/Tin Mage = Always 1 level

LRSF + STF combined = 1 Level

LGTF +MC + Khan + ITF combined = 1 Level

Ok,I'm dumb I'll admit it...but what does this mean? 1 level what?  I just know the answer is something blatantly obvious. 

• Like 1

Wow.  That's impressive.  Just curious - how many hours have you invested with this character?  You already probably know but you can find out by clicking on an NPC that starts with the letter 'M' like Marcus. 

Edited by Fan Mail