General Feedback: Page 5 Build 5

• City Council
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Mastermind Henchmen set to Go To are now free to move within a 30' radius of the selected position in order to attack foes.

• This previously only affected melee pets - it now applies to all pets.

Can we talk about this? Please?

Anchoring my mercs to one spot, hell or high water, was a godsend.  Having them wiggle across a 30' span would be a massive downgrade in quality of life for me.

Edited by esotericist
  • Like 2

• City Council
16 minutes ago, esotericist said:

Can we talk about this? Please?

Anchoring my mercs to one spot, hell or high water, was a godsend.  Having them wiggle across a 30' span would be a massive downgrade in quality of life for me.

Please give it a try and let me know how they behave. Mercs should still prefer to stand still if at all possible and will only move if they have no other target on their aggro list. If you want them to stand absolutely still, you can also put them in "Stay" mode which retains the stay-right-there-no-matter-what behavior.

If player feedback indicates it's detrimental in practice, the radius can be reduced for ranged pets separately from melee. Even if it's 1' it needs to be set to something to prevent the issue where pets would ignore Goto commands to reposition near their current location.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Please give it a try and let me know how they behave. Mercs should still prefer to stand still if at all possible and will only move if they have no other target on their aggro list. If you want them to stand absolutely still, you can also put them in "Stay" mode which retains the stay-right-there-no-matter-what behavior.

If player feedback indicates it's detrimental in practice, the radius can be reduced for ranged pets separately from melee. Even if it's 1' it needs to be set to something to prevent the issue where pets would ignore Goto commands to reposition near their current location.

A smaller radius I'm confident I could definitely live with, at least. I'm playing a mercs/time tankermind, and being confident of where I need to stand for my heals and buffs was a huge improvement for me. 30' is wide enough to remove that certainty

Either way, I'll load it up within the next day to report on direct personal experience

• Like 1

While it's technically a bug fix, nerfing (and it's pretty much a nerf given how long it has been in this state) Dark Miasma's Twilight Grasp for Masterminds so severely when pet durability is already a pretty complained about thing, especially without the assistance of IOs, without making any other changes feels really terrible.

Is there any chance such a change could be delayed until MMs as a whole have a chance to get a pass? Or at least maybe as a compensation buff (and as something nice for all MMs, not just /Dark ones), change the Leadership pool to the values they should be according to MM's scaling? If we're going ahead and changing things back to numbers they 'should' be at according to scaling anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will come out and say that I do not agree with the change to the Call of the Sandman heal proc. However, I do also acknowledge that as it stood, it needed a nerf.

Using it in an AoE would sometimes give me 5-6 procs of the heal in things like Psionic Mastery > Mass Hypnosis on Sentinels. I felt this was too strong, and was actually going to bring this up once this patch had gone live. It seems that this nerf is close to the ballpark, but too extreme. It neuters the usefulness of AoE sleeps that have long cooldowns (Munitions Mastery > Sleep Grenade (Blaster), Psionic Mastery > Mass Hypnosis (Sentinel) etc.) too harshly.

The nerf I would suggest is to keep the AoE proc triggering multiple times, but capping the proc at 3 to match the PPM count. I feel this is a good neutral ground to prevent a Blaster from healing half their health bar by standing in a group of mobs and panic pressing a group sleep, while also making the survivability aspect of it worth it for more defense-oriented sets. 

As it stands, Sandman heal proc is now far too weak to justify ever using in an AoE only setting (which a few archetypes have) and I'll probably need to reroll my Sentinel/Blaster both to accomodate the nerf. Thanks for all your hard work, I hope you consider this request.

1 hour ago, Doomrider said:

What in the F*ck is this?! Are you kidding me?????

For clarity, the change I see is from -30% resists (in Mids) to -22.5%.  In Mids, everyone gets the same -Resist that defenders get.

If Mids is correct, this looks like a bug fix, one which probably should have happened long ago.  But, it will be painful.

Edited by Caulderone

About these:

Fixed several villain powers being tagged as both Ranged and AoE:

5thColumn.Fifth_Column_Minion_Soldier_Heavy.Missile_Launcher
    BanishedPantheon.Banished_Minion_Ranged.Musket
    Crey.Crey_Lt_Boss_Armored_GrenadeLauncher.Sleep_Gas
    Event.Zombie_Ranged.Musket
    Guns.Grenade_Launcher.Grenade_Launcher_Sleep_Grenade
    Portal.Axis_America_Missile.Missile_Launcher
    Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.Particle_Cannon
    Vahzilok.Facemaker.Venomous_Spray
    V_ParagonPolice.Grenade_Launcher.Smoke_Grenade
    V_Snakes.Boss_Low.Venomous_Spray
    V_Snakes.Elder_Cobra.Venomous_Spray
    V_Snakes.Stheno.Venomous_Spray

Could we get some clarity.  Were they all tagged AoE?  I remember seeing these in a post on the General forum.  Good to see someone caught that.

Holy smokes, a review of the shared pseudopets in the support sets!? 😮 I hope if this is a sign of future plans, that Trick Arrow is included and it comes with buffs, otherwise I worry some powers will be too weak for Controllers, Corruptors and Masterminds (since they're generally already considered weak for Defenders).

• Like 2

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

6 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Cant get into details right now, but Trick Arrow is getting tons of love in Page 6

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

2 hours ago, Number Six said:

Okay! Actual live-play feedback:

screenshot_200313-20-44-05.thumb.jpg.8260f4d8d0d581e9f638a3dc070da546.jpg

The goto point was pretty much in the middle of the screen, right where you can see my medic, one specops, and my heavy weapons guy.

There is a soldier off on the left side, and a soldier and my other specops off on the right.

Now to be fair: I'm pretty sure the spec ops guy all the way on the right got knocked over there, and it's possible the soldier next to him did too (but I can't be sure of it)

But I know for certain the soldier on the left side of the screen positioned there willfully, I believe to keep in firing range of an enemy that got knocked to one side of the hill.

While I can't hold you guys responsible for what happens when my team gets ragdolled, I think this demonstrates that my fear of being unable to reliably get my mercs in AOEs had a basis.

I got this to happen twice in the first mission i played after copying the character over, although I failed to correctly screenshot one of the instances.

edit:  can't do more testing tonight, hand health issues (it's why I've been kinda absent lately), but I'll try to do more tomorrow to see if this is a rare problem that I just got unlucky on, or a pervasive one

my suspicion is it's going to happen often enough to put me back in approximately the same frustrated place as before the goto/stay changes. I understand that there needs to be a radius, but I'd personally like to request it be as small as is feasible for the AI to function.

edit2: and also I know you said stay is still there with the desired functionality, but if I have to issue a goto, then hit 'stay' at just the right point so that they're where I want them, that's the level of fighting the AI that I was hoping to never need to do again.

Edited by esotericist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The following powers were using Defender modifiers, they have been fixed to use their own AT modifiers

• Controller > Darkness Affinity > Twilight Grasp
  • Controller > Darkness Affinity > Tar Patch
  • Corruptor > Dark Miasma > Twilight Grasp
  • Corruptor > Dark Miasma > Tar Patch
  • Mastermind  > Dark Miasma > Twilight Grasp
  • Mastermind  > Dark Miasma > Tar Patch
  • Pets > Dark Servant > Twilight Grasp

Is there a reason for this?

I realize it may not be intended - but it has always been that way. And nobody is out here screaming that /dark MMs, Corruptors or Trollers are OP (if they're talking about Trollers then that's because of Fade/Absorb, not Tar Patch and Twilight Grasp).

Come on man, let's not start nerfing (or 'fixing') stuff that isn't causing issues. None of these are gamebreaking in the slightest. You could give them all a 25% boost instead of a nerf, and they still wouldn't be an outlier compared to things like /bio or Titan Weapon.

Also to put it another way:

Nobody has ever claimed that a /dark MM is overpowered. And in every single group scenario, a /dark Defender, Troller, or Corruptor would serve the group better and be more effective than the MM. So why even touch them at all? (Also why touch the others, but that's the most egregious choice. Stop picking on the crippled kid!)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"Don't fix what isn't broken.", why are we nerfing tar patch out of the blue? There's no justifiable reason for it.

As with Rage before you "fixed" it, Paragon left it alone for a reason. It has always functioned like that. What's next if this goes through? Tar patch is an insanely important power.

Edit: Freezing rain and sleet would likely be next by this logic, yet nerfing those would be even nastier than here. 

Leave it alone, don't go down this slippery slope.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

did we lose some or all of the notes at the top of this thread? @Jimmy maybe a link to the actual patch notes thread?

The following Leadership powers have had their activation time reduced from 3.63 seconds to 1.5 seconds: Sweet!

A behind-the-scenes change to the way Knockback works has been implemented Will try this out.

The following powers were using Defender modifiers, they have been fixed to use their own AT modifiers OUCH

Tanker > Super Reflexes > Evasion: Fixed a bug where this power would not maintain its Defense Resistance 100% of the time.  👍

Bug Fixes Thanks

Whew! Great job!

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Also to add one more bit on those 'fixes'... you cannot just look at a single power in a set and think that just because it isn't working as intended that it needs to be looked at as a whole. If 1 power is a bit tuned too highly, but the set itself isn't an overperformer, then fixing it is nerfing a set unnecessarily.

It came up in discussions on the discord that there are other powers that are the same across archetypes - Sleet and Frozen Rain being two such examples. Is the intent to eventually change all existing such powers to match their "Correct" value scales? Including Leadership?

• Like 1