Rest gives a recharge bonus

20 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Who uses rest?

Maybe they would if this happened?

I don't think this is "necessary", but I can't say I would mind it.  Rest is useful at low levels, then becomes forgotten, mostly.  This would give it some useful utility, especially after a build swap.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 2

Sounds like an interesting idea.  Perhaps the longer you're in Rest mode, the biggest the Recharge bonus becomes.  Start at 5%, and climbs up to 50% after about ten seconds.  Could make for some interesting use in solo play.  Obviously not big enough to impact Team play, though, as the team will just move on.

Numerically, does this have any clear downsides I'm not calculating?

• Like 1

I like it, make it 100% recharge perhaps? At most it cuts the time to recharge in half. Can't really abuse it since you're so vulnerable while resting. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

5 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Who uses rest?

Lower levels?

People who have just soloed a few packs of Mu and are out of blues?

People who are tired?

Musicians?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

29 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

If you are a soloer, something like this could easily bring up your nuke every spawn.  I don’t really know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but my gut says it would bring up farming yields.

Well, if you're not engaging before each encounter, this wouldn't change anything except make the soloing a bit faster. You'd just wait less before jumping in next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

If you are a soloer, something like this could easily bring up your nuke every spawn.  I don’t really know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but my gut says it would bring up farming yields.

It probably would not be by much, and it requires a lot more active contact switching if you need to enter rest first

On 4/19/2020 at 8:04 PM, ArchVileTerror said:

Sounds like an interesting idea.  Perhaps the longer you're in Rest mode, the biggest the Recharge bonus becomes.  Start at 5%, and climbs up to 50% after about ten seconds.  Could make for some interesting use in solo play.  Obviously not big enough to impact Team play, though, as the team will just move on.

Numerically, does this have any clear downsides I'm not calculating?

Thematically I love this idea, but also 50% is mehish, I think this could easily continue to climb to 200% over time, if you really want to hold up and fully catch your breath, I don't really see a problem with it. It would help out solo players with extremely long recharge powers they like to use or need before a big fight. And on teams it does little to nothing, as most teams don't stop long enough to rest unless it's right before an epic fight with some AV, even if then.

• Thanks 1

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

On 4/19/2020 at 9:08 PM, Bopper said:

I like it, make it 100% recharge perhaps? At most it cuts the time to recharge in half. Can't really abuse it since you're so vulnerable while resting. 

I haven't ran and numbers as I'm at work, hell you might be as well, but could this allow someone to push into Permadom or PermaHasten on builds that otherwise wouldn't and then once the cycle occurs, untoggle rest and proceed.

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I haven't ran and numbers as I'm at work, hell you might be as well, but could this allow someone to push into Permadom or PermaHasten on builds that otherwise wouldn't and then once the cycle occurs, untoggle rest and proceed.

You could, but you could do that now by just waiting longer. The way I see it, I think those who rest are generally going to be solo players so this is more of a quality of life thing. In groups, you likely won't have a chance to slow down to rest and their buffs may make the extra recharge from rest not matter. And its not like you can rest during battle, you'll likely get one or two-shotted

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 hours ago, Bopper said:

And its not like you can rest during battle, you'll likely get one or two-shotted

You're right on most accounts and it makes sense as most groups don't even stop to let a /traps player set up.

My old i0 Elec/Elec Blaster remembers combat resting, 2 people at a time in the back resting to regain endurance during a fight, while the others held the line and rotated out who needed cabs or a chance to rest.

Mind you it was gloriously chaotic, as a stray. 

aoe could kill you.

Thanks

19 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

You're right on most accounts and it makes sense as most groups don't even stop to let a /traps player set up.

My old i0 Elec/Elec Blaster remembers combat resting, 2 people at a time in the back resting to regain endurance during a fight, while the others held the line and rotated out who needed cabs or a chance to rest.

Mind you it was gloriously chaotic, as a stray. 

aoe could kill you.

Thanks

back when there wasn't a formula to mob dynamic, and you could go into a mission and a group could easily be more LT's then minion or the mob could be a metric ton of minions at that 😆 maybe I'm miss remembering the old days but I do remember it was more chaotic and much harder.

Edited by Snowdaze

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!