I can't believe I got that name!

DoctorDitko

7 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I managed to get Oceanborn on Excelsior. Did they do the thing where you can take a name someone hasn't logged in with for a long time? I know they put the warnings in.

They have not enabled it.   Warnings only.  Whole thing is on indefinite hold due to a few issues still to iron out, last I heard.

They'll have to suss it out before the other servers join us, so expect some action before too long.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 3/25/2024 at 10:51 AM, Marshal_General said:

Did they do the thing where you can take a name someone hasn't logged in with for a long time?

It hasn't been turned on (for renaming) as far as I know.

21 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

They'll have to suss it out before the other servers join us, so expect some action before too long.

I don't think so. 

It doesn't appear that any servers will be merging but added instead .... another shard of the multiverse to inva.... I mean visit...

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, TheMoneyMaker said:

The more the merrier

... and merrierer and merrriererer. 

Et cetera ad nauseum.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

• 2 weeks later

So, ran some music for some friends last night. In the playlist was INXS - Suicide blonde.

Got me wondering ... hmm, how about the opposite, is that available?

Yes, yes it was.

image.png?ex=6622f14d&is=66107c4d&hm=685499b7b0878eb880d0b0e8a578d5a2714e09190cd786f61b37cc174d26d831&

• Like 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

So I was running with a Mapserver league on Torch this morning before the maintenance, just working on incarnate threads and vet levels when an idea hit... thinking of either Ice/Fire or Fire/Ice blaster.  With an hour left to go, I jumped out and made Coldburner.  I can't believe I got that name.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, last night I spent 4 hours trying name after name after name for a new character, but couldn't get anything.  Started trying again today, it's been 3 more hours.

They really need to do something to free up some names.

• Confused 1

On 4/16/2024 at 3:14 PM, Oubliette_Red said:
On 4/16/2024 at 3:00 PM, Marshal_General said:

I wonder if there are enough spaces to get Dark Angle the Obtuse.

Nope, 1 too many letters.

Go for The (comes free!) Obtuse Dark Angle!

• Like 1

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 4/16/2024 at 2:49 PM, Ultimo said:

They really need to do something to free up some names.

Well, we have a profanity filter (which I leave on, as I consider it a challenge: Silence, thou poxy whoreson!) so maybe they could give us a built-in thesaurus?

Not that there aren't plenty free ones online. ALso, see above. Two pages back or so someone gave some very good suggestions for naming variety for the Seven Deadly Sins.

i got gyro 1! i can't believe that it was not taken! now i just have to figure out what to do with it. other than maybe start a fast food restaurant in atlas. 😁

• Haha 1

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

oop! i was mistaken... i had super gyro! but luckily gyro 1 was not taken either, so i took it too! 😎

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz