Altaholics = Monsters

Vanden

In the mission Check Out the New Dimension from Tina Macintyre, your character discovers a dimension where an alternate version of themself killed every person on Earth. Every character can get this mission, and it's always an alternate version of that character that ruined the world, which means it's not multiple characters visiting the same dimension. This means that every time you create a new character, you murder an entire planet! I hope it was worth it.

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

4 hours ago, LiquidBandage said:

how do we know what our alts are doing when we are logged out? 

Good God, never thought about this....

They could be posting to TikTok,

Holding Combination Lingerie / Tupperware Parties,

Running around buck naked in the base while eating Cheetos,

Starting Petitions to be freed from your control,

Watching episodes of The Office, Commercial Free,

Setting up a Still in the pantry to produce Moonshine,

Licking all the stamps in the Postal Supply drawer and sticking them on the walls,

Working as an Uber Eats delivery driver,

Moonlighting as a CLOWN...oh no. not that. please....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

18 minutes ago, Marine X said:

Good God, never thought about this....

They could be posting to TikTok,

Holding Combination Lingerie / Tupperware Parties,

Running around buck naked in the base while eating Cheetos,

Starting Petitions to be freed from your control,

Watching episodes of The Office, Commercial Free,

Setting up a Still in the pantry to produce Moonshine,

Licking all the stamps in the Postal Supply drawer and sticking them on the walls,

Working as an Uber Eats delivery driver,

Moonlighting as a CLOWN...oh no. not that. please....

So... they went to college?

• Haha 6

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

7 hours ago, Vanden said:

In the mission Check Out the New Dimension from Tina Macintyre, your character discovers a dimension where an alternate version of themself killed every person on Earth. Every character can get this mission, and it's always an alternate version of that character that ruined the world, which means it's not multiple characters visiting the same dimension. This means that every time you create a new character, you murder an entire planet! I hope it was worth it.

While I do love this arc, its nature is one that makes it so I only run it on very specific character concepts that it does not directly conflict with my character concept. For example any character who is a demon.

Why demons as a specific example you may ask? Well this is one of those because I knew Infernal in game casually back in the day things. Now like the rest of the core hero NPCs, there is an Infernal on Praetoria. However unlike all the rest, the praetorian Infernal is also our Infernal. But wait what am I talking about you ask ? Well its all sorts of high strangness that makes me want to say its all wibbly wobbly timey whimey, but technically time travel isnt involved, just a rip in the fabric of reality aka space/time.

You see Infernal even as just a half demon is cosmically unique, just as his mother a full demon is. There are not alternate Infernal Realms, and actually some of those long past conversations I had with Infernal made me pretty sure Demonkind and their origin world might well be the original Earth/dimension in the grand scheme of the multiverse that all others are alternates of. Possibly due to what we know of demons and their powers concerning souls and consuming them, that it was a world were humans basically became human based versions of the Banished Pantheon of our Paragon Earth.

Infernal when he was sucked through a rift caused by an attempt by his best friend to bind the lord of demonkind Valmaz, basically got captain kirked. His dark nature got manifested in praetoria, his good in Paragon. It was one of those things done to hint at how close Paragon and Praetoria are, basically side by side on the multi earth wheel spinner. Our Statesman is Marcus Cole C-137, and Emperor Cole is Marcus Cole C-138.

While certainly Infernal was not the end all be all on the subject, I know he was pretty adamant about keeping the NPC Infernal out of additional timeline archs like nazi Earth with the Riechsman.

However this story arc in question on my character Demetrios Vasilikos, who already deals with being a clone of Doc Vahz, and has encountered the praetorian counterpart to his original as well, utterly loved this arc and found it one of the most fitting to play through, when it first was rel;eased way back on live.

6 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Citation needed. I see no reason for there not to be an infinite number of hells to go along with the infinite number of earths.

But the nice demon lord / devil / Circle of Thorns mage / demon binder whose business I was poking into / whatever, told me so!   They would never lie to me, would they?

Next you're going to say the car salesman isn't really my friend....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Vanden said:

This means that every time you create a new character, you murder an entire planet! I hope it was worth it.

They had it coming.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

But what happens when you move a toon between servers?  Do all of the alternate universes from the original server get destroyed?  Or does their previous existence get erased? 

• Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

57 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

But what happens when you move a toon between servers?  Do all of the alternate universes from the original server get destroyed?  Or does their previous existence get erased? 

If you want to get that meta about it, every server would be an alternate multiverse.  So their previous existence still happened in their original multiverse and the alternate universes they destroyed or saved are still destroyed or saved on their original server.

• Confused 1

On 8/31/2020 at 3:33 AM, LiquidBandage said:

But how do we know what our alts are doing when we are logged out? 

They could be running amok, destroying numerous alternate dimensions just for funsies.

This was covered in the (original?) CoH comics that talked about mmm Apex?'s home life where he was just chilling at times, not just heroing.

I'd like to think my characters are all hanging out in the base THAT I SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON FOR THEM and not getting up to any tomfoolery. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

17 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

...they had it coming!
They had it coming all along!
I didn't do it, but if I'd done it
How could you tell me that I was wrong?

I like the exchange in the movie 'Unforgiven'.

"Yeah, well I guess they had it comin'."

"We all have it comin', kid,"

• Like 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.