An argument for cheating...

Bill Z Bubba

You don't even need to spend the money if you have room for Rune of Protection and have decent defenses.  I don't remeber the last time I was killed due to mez on any characters, as all of my squishies have Rune, which also feels like cheating.  Yes there's a gap, but when you have 40%+ defense, pets and/or ccs, its so rare to not have it available when you need it.  

• Like 1

The P2W Offense,Defensive,Survival Ampliers are there. Have been there. 

I get that many use them, I get that many like them.

I will never use them, and I would prefer that they did not exist at all. 

I'm not sure I can really formulate a coherent objection as to what I find objectionable about them. 

It just seems... wrong... to me, anyways... to be able to use temp powers to cover something like Status Protection. 

I would be Full Metal Torches and Pitchforks if it took real life money to acquire. But even just costing in-game influence, it strikes me as going too far, being too overpowered, and shouldn't exist.

That said, since they've existed on Homecoming since Day 1, clearly the HC devs disagree with me, and I will simply have to get used to it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

if you have room for Rune of Protection

That's only up half the time on a very heavy recharge build. And even then, you have to BUILD for that. Or you can just shortcut practically everything because you can hit the softcap so much more easily, and get more damage and mez protection, with nothin more than 24 clicks for 8 hours of in game buffage.

1 hour ago, Omega-202 said:

I don't remeber the last time I was killed due to mez on any characters,

Ever have an MSR go *just* wrong and be the target of several Magi at once? I've seen tanks get killed from that mezzing them.

• Like 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

16 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Ever have an MSR go *just* wrong and be the target of several Magi at once? I've seen tanks get killed from that mezzing them.

Surprisingly, no, but that's because I'm usually nestled right in the center of the bowl, covered by 5 overlapping bubbles and 200% defense.

EDIT: ...when on a squishy.  My controllers and corruptor don't venture off.  The non-squishies I play all have mez protection and 45% or more psi/ranged defense so I haven't ever had an issue on the outskirts.  I can see how a resistance armor character might suffer though.

Edited by Omega-202

3 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

I couldnt afford to keep the p2w buffs going all the time on a level 50.  I think thats a rich people problem.  I usually buy 8 hours of all 3 at level 1.  After that only special situations.

Hell, I am (comparatively) rich.  And *I* wouldn't do it.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I'd prefer if the amplifiers were like they were in NCSoft era: rare drop recipes or obtainable by chance via super packs. Super packs aren't for real money anymore and have better chances to get the amplifiers so it would still be an improvement from those days anyhow. Things so potent and useful should take a bit more effort/luck to obtain, but I don't know that we still do that whole "shackled by limitations" thing these days.

7 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

I couldnt afford to keep the p2w buffs going all the time on a level 50.  I think thats a rich people problem.  I usually buy 8 hours of all 3 at level 1.  After that only special situations.

4 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Hell, I am (comparatively) rich.  And *I* wouldn't do it.

Hell, I am (obnoxiously) rich. And *I* wouldn't do it.

It is sort of weird to have a blaster get mezzed for the first time at level 50 when I let amps lapse sometimes.  Lapsing doesn't happen leveling up because it's a "best" practice to refresh those buffs before training (they're at your pre-trained cost).

Not just mez protection, 5% def to all and 7% res to all.  This amp is a favorite of squishes and melee types alike.  Cheating?  Whatevs, we crossed that threshold a looong time ago.

Typical BS thread title to stir up drama while offering little of substance beyond I guess a vague inference that P2W somehow represents cheating actively in game. Yeah no big news at all, folks been grabbing max them as long as they have been grabbing xp boosters. Makes the initial climb much faster and hassle free.

However I am gonna agree about Rune of Pro from sorcery. It was a nice bit of luck for ol berk to have it factor in. However its not like a blaster should ever really fear CC. Make sure your first 3 attacks are also your best attacks( Mine are my actual AV solo kill attack rotation) which due to defiance can be used no matter what cc effect your under. If your blaster especially is having issue at low level to CC, you likely didnt do what the vets do now days, we slot 5 slots in our best lowbie attack, slam in all 5 prestige enhancments, grab the accuracy buff from the sewer run, and bam easy rush up to at least the 20s.

People who think these buffs are even worth it in end game, have legit bad builds that need such buffs to even function. See all the fire farmers who live on them, who the moment they end up in actual content, and dont have them running they eat dirt from a council minion.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Based on the responses so far:

Should be removed from the game regardless

Waste of inf in general

Partial coverage from Rune of Protection + insps is good enough (Costs a pool selection and 2 prereq choices)

Doesn't matter at 50 thanks to Destiny Clarion (Blocks you from other Destiny powers)

Just play a set with mez protection and not worry about it (Blocks you from a whole slew of wonderfully fun combos)

I don't know where I am on the topic to be honest. Thus the thread. I was honestly curious as to what others are thinking and my OP was actually a truthful statement. I have a lot more fun playing my blasters, corruptors and controllers when I never have to even bother thinking about being mezzed.

Back before the snap, I played almost entirely melee because of how borked the mez situation is in this game. Now we have an out that didn't exist then but it absolutely does feel "cheaty" to use it. I'm just finding that I may no longer care just like I don't care about PLing to 50 anymore.

Anyone else finding the same? That old rules you may have had in place seem less than meaningful these days?

• Like 1