The Weird Animations

Spaghetti Betty

Fun time I've had on Titan Weapons with all it's knockdown is to smack someone to the floor then follow up with Arc of Destruction, going from a shockwave attack into a coup de grace on a floored opponent. Kind of like this

Thanks @VileTerror for fixing For Honor wiki trying to take too much after ubisoft.

Edited by Sakura Tenshi
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, MTeague said:

Uncomfortable animations. 

Knocking down a male enemy with Eye of the Storm (staff fighting)

and then using Innocuous Strikes, jabbing him....well... someplace you don't want to be jabbed... with a BLADED spear.

Astonishingly, he got up after that and kept fighting! 

THAT's some serious hardcore training for the D.U.S.T. Soldiers.

And then there's that oft-referenced NPC gang member holding an opponent down and repeatedly punching him below the belt line.  I think they corrected that one, however.

Anyone remember the glitch that allowed giant, bizarrely distorted figures?  I used to see player avatars hanging around Atlas that way.

How about the Ripper/Eviscerate backflip into a forward strike? The more I stare at that attack from the side, the less sense it makes to me.

And perhaps not a "weird" animation, but Shin Breaker from street justice looks so much more like a "step" than a "stomp".

7 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

I always said that was a matter of Anigan just not fighting fair. XD

Reminds me of a fight I still laugh about, remembering, from SWTOR when my Smuggler defeated a Sith using a Dirty Kick attack, prompting the snarky comment, "Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a durasteel-toed boot in the nards."

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Looks more like a loaded diaper walk to me.

I will never unsee this.

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

Playing any short character in "City of Tall People" where the animation doesn't point upwards a bit more leads to hilarity. On my small DB/WP scrapper:

1. Every attack looks like it's taking them down by the groin or lower. My girlfriend says I like look like I'm kneecapping people all the time, especially all the 7' tall Council. I must be the boon of the prosthetics industry though.
  2. The best one was the attack that thrusts both blades forward and I was aiming at a mob behind the one directly in front of me. Looked like I shoved the blades dangerously past the first guy's bits to skewer his buddy behind him in the nuts. I was laughing so hard I had to explain it to my confused girlfriend…who proceeded to laugh.

If you're short in this game, you are truly a vicious person; at least according to the animations. 😱

44 minutes ago, GM Tahquitz said:

It also speeds up your animation times due to your size: running appears faster than a tall avatar because you got to do more steps with those legs than they do for the same distance.

Add Super Speed for extra hilarity.

Anyone ever tried flying while using Titan Weapons? Had me in tears.

• Haha 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

4 hours ago, CFIndustries said:

Playing any short character in "City of Tall People" where the animation doesn't point upwards a bit more leads to hilarity. On my small DB/WP scrapper:

1. Every attack looks like it's taking them down by the groin or lower. My girlfriend says I like look like I'm kneecapping people all the time, especially all the 7' tall Council. I must be the boon of the prosthetics industry though.
  2. The best one was the attack that thrusts both blades forward and I was aiming at a mob behind the one directly in front of me. Looked like I shoved the blades dangerously past the first guy's bits to skewer his buddy behind him in the nuts. I was laughing so hard I had to explain it to my confused girlfriend…who proceeded to laugh.

If you're short in this game, you are truly a vicious person; at least according to the animations. 😱

It's been true if every MMO ever. 

Gnome Warriors were legendary anklebiters in EverQuest.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:38 PM, Leetdeth said:
On 10/2/2020 at 12:51 PM, GM Tahquitz said:

It also speeds up your animation times due to your size: running appears faster than a tall avatar because you got to do more steps with those legs than they do for the same distance.

Add Super Speed for extra hilarity.

Anyone ever tried flying while using Titan Weapons? Had me in tears.

I play almost exclusively animal alts so…Beast Run hilarity.

Actually I rather like it, since if I have a rabbit at a very small size he feels more like he is scurrying quickly, and so on.

Edited by CFIndustries