Anyone planning respecs?

Vanden

Loootta changes for Blasters on beta. Every secondary except Fire got touched. I can't be the only one already neck-deep in Mids making adjustments. I'm almost annoyed at the change to Frozen Aura in Ice, since I now have to put off getting APP powers for 3 more levels. Same for Telekinetic Thrust in Mental, although I'm still hopeful it'll get moved down to tier 7 at the least.

Nah, no respec, but I did just finish leveling a BR/TA from 41-50 tonight.  That plus my AR/TA and Arch/TA will be retired once the nerfs go into effect.  

I honestly don’t understand the motives of this dev team. 

Edited by Crysis
  • Like 1

Probably not a lot of major respecs. Probably some minor tweaks on my tac arrow blasters. I’m more of a mind to start making some more blasters. Mainly ninja training and sonic manipulation ones. 

Though I will almost certainly re-roll my main archery blaster from archery/tac arrow to archery/ninja. 

Edited by Saikochoro

I couldn't find this... anyone know if the change to reaction time (Martial secondary) increased the absorb or decreased it?   They just say it made it the same as the fire one, but I don't know what that means.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Not planning to change anything for my Ice/Ice build. The new Frozen Aura is nice (range needs bumped up) but I don't have any real use for it. It's an odd duck since its the only PBAoE /Ice gets and PBAoE doesn't have any good Ranged Defense bonuses in the sets.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I'm not planning on any respecs for my full-kit builds, although I will allow for tweaking. I have several blasters that have stalled in the mid-levels who were due for respecs anyway.

I'd caution everyone who dearly loves their blaster to try out the open Beta; not everything makes it to the HC game. Also keep in mind that there is not guarantee that some other change won't get added, either in addition to, or in place of, one of the announced changes.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:44 AM, Shred Monkey said:

I couldn't find this... anyone know if the change to reaction time (Martial secondary) increased the absorb or decreased it?   They just say it made it the same as the fire one, but I don't know what that means.

5.13 max absorb on self on live

Beta doesn't list any absorption for reaction time.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:14 AM, Meknomancer said:

Am i the only one running lightning field on my /elec blasters, gotta love a dmg aura....til its gone.

Nope, I have Lightning Field constantly running on mine.  If it stays as the sustain power you won't have to worry about it toggling off due to mez.  It may not tick damage during mez, but it is still active.     At least that is true for now. 

(Assuming current changes go through.)

I'm going to need to respec, since no matter which power's enhancements Force of Thunder gets, it'll be slotted for aspects it no longer takes (damage/endmod from Lightning Field, or heal from its current slotting). While I'm at it, I'm going to adjust Dynamo now that I don't need to worry about endurance reduction, kick out Force of Thunder, and get Hasten back in the build.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

On 10/25/2020 at 7:58 PM, Saikochoro said:

Probably some minor tweaks on my tac arrow blasters.

Just the combination of Agility and Gymnastics is going to force a respec on mine, or I'm going to have Oil Slick five-slotted with Luck of the Gambler. I'll have to fiddle with the numbers to see how the tradeoff between set bonuses, defense, and slots needed elsewhere go for the new Gymnastics.

My DP/Electric is getting respeced so I can keep both Force of Thunder and Dynamo (which I initially skipped Lightning Field for not being useful).  It worked out to getting Weave and my APP's a little later than I had hoped though.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 11/6/2020 at 12:11 PM, srmalloy said:

Just the combination of Agility and Gymnastics is going to force a respec on mine, or I'm going to have Oil Slick five-slotted with Luck of the Gambler. I'll have to fiddle with the numbers to see how the tradeoff between set bonuses, defense, and slots needed elsewhere go for the new Gymnastics.

I guess when I mean minor tweaks, I meant to playstyle and not so much slotting. I will definitely have to respec, but I will still largely play it as a hover blasting set. 

I have two main tac arrow blasters:

-ice/TA

-Archery/TA

My ice/TA will be getting a respec to change up slotting, but will still play largely the same as I do now. 

My archery/TA will be getting retired and stripped of IOs. This isn’t because I hate what they’ve done to TA, but rather because I love what they did to ninja training. I don’t particularly want two archery blasters, and archery seemed the most thematic fit to pair with ninja training. Thus I will be retiring my archery/TA to be replaced with my archery/ninja blaster. 

Edited by Saikochoro

On 11/6/2020 at 9:02 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

My DP/Electric is getting respeced so I can keep both Force of Thunder and Dynamo (which I initially skipped Lightning Field for not being useful).  It worked out to getting Weave and my APP's a little later than I had hoped though.

Yup, while I'm glad FoT is staying as it is minus the sustain, build wise it's still a nerf since I now have to fit in dynamo as well, and I had no room for the damage aura in my current build. Essentially equates to me losing tactics and vengeance. Also don't like the fact that I get FoT at 35, but beggars can't be choosers.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!