blasters need help

cparks7040

right now blasters are about 5th on damage behind stalkers, scrappers, brutes and probly corrupters. I dont understand why classes with tons of def and res are doing more damage than a class with little to none. if youre asking how i came to this conclusion heres how. stalkers and scrappers I did my strongest attack to a lvl 50 boss with a build up hidden etc my blaster used both build ups and a sniper attack. the scrapper and stalker attack for attack did more damage than the blaster. blaster vs brute, i made a fire/fire blaster to farm with had the exact same powers as a fire/fire brute. not only did i find out that the brute could farm faster but the base damage of fire sword circle, burn, blazing aura etc was higher on the brute.

so this begs the question, whats the point of a blaster?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

This is... what... your fourth go around on this?

Then there was another, now deleted, thread.

To put it succinctly, you've raised this question three times before.  It has been answered all three times.  You just refuse to acknowledge the answer.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 3:11 PM, Apparition said:

This is... what... your fourth go around on this?

Then there was another, now deleted, thread.

To put it succinctly, you've raised this question three times before.  It has been answered all three times.  You just refuse to acknowledge the answer.

so your answer is linking old posts?

11 minutes ago, cparks7040 said:

so your answer is linking old posts?

No, the answer is you got your answer. Refusal to accept that answer and continually reposting the same topic multiple times in a year isn't a good look and suggests you're looking for buffs/nerfs that aren't justified.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

Before anyone else replies, I'd just like to say:  Given the previous treads, and the use of that particular individual in the profile images for those accounts, I'm leaning heavily in to just assuming malicious trolling at this point.  I really don't like to make such an assumption, but I'm at a loss for a more fitting explanation under Occam's Razor.

Quietly walking away might just be in everyone's best interest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Can I dance away loudly? I found a boom box in the local Goodwill. I'd like to put it to good use. Would that be good use?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I main a blaster.

Now I'm not gonna say I'm some PVP champ, far from it. But when it comes to PVE, I am pretty much uncontested in DPS by most power combinations. I'm not fully minmaxed or anything, but I have no complaints (except for early game hurdles). Also I have an extremely useful utility that pretty much nullifies anything below an EB from doing anything. With the Buff to some powers in the last patch my qualms with some of my slower attacks have also been alleviated. 

So, I would love to know how Blasters are 5th on Damage. Not to mention my options are incredibly wide for how to deal that DPS in groups. Range options many, close range options, many, Utility (not a universal trait but in my case. 2 strong choices) decent. Now I personally feel some Dominators and corruptors need better defenses for what they do but I'm also the least experienced with that class so I don't want to put my foot in it.

Edit:
Also: Because 1 class has a hit that can crit or Rage hit higher than a blasters, doesn't make their DPS better. Because DPS believe it or not stands for damage per second. And the time a brute spends at low dps evens out their time at  high dps. Also they have half the attacks a blaster does... Blasters have 2 trees of mostly offensive skills, which Widens their range for options and DPS.

Edited by Gatling
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 7:38 PM, Luminara said:

Your comprehension of game mechanics and mathematics is still abysmal.  You've learned nothing in an entire year.

which number is higher, 900 psi or 915 smashing plus 600 energy? math doesnt lie.

ok its very simple, scrappers and stalkers have a higher base damage for their attacks and they have crit strike which causes said attack to do max damage. brutes have any where from +200% to +500% damage which surpasses blasters damage. corr scourge plus the buffs or debuffs also allow them to surpass blaster damage.

15 minutes ago, cparks7040 said:

ok its very simple, scrappers and stalkers have a higher base damage for their attacks and they have crit strike which causes said attack to do max damage. brutes have any where from +200% to +500% damage which surpasses blasters damage. corr scourge plus the buffs or debuffs also allow them to surpass blaster damage.

That's wrong on all accounts.

1) Blasters have a 1.125 scale damage on their primary and 500% cap.  Scrappers have a 1.125 scale damage on their primary and 500% cap, same as Blasters.  Stalkers have a 1.00 scale damage on their primary and 500% cap, less than Blasters.

2) Brutes have 0.75 scale damage and a 700% cap (max of 5.25 scale) and Blasters have 1.125 and 500% (max of 5.625).  

3) Corruptors have 0.75 scale damage and a 500% cap, with Scourge doing an average theoretical boost of 30% (essentially 4.875 scale) compared to a Blaster's 5.625.  Yes, with ~20% resist debuffs, they're in the same ballpark, but in a team, the Blaster is also benefiting from the Corruptor's debuffs and therefore would come out ahead.  

Guy, you are either a troll or unfortunately unintelligent.  This is the 4th or 5th time you've tried this and you're still wrong.  I can only hope you're a kid who will grow up and learn basic math, but if not, I sincerely hope you're not in a profession that requires thinking.  

• Like 6

Defiance plus higher base damage plus usually a bonus damage power for blasters gives better damage than the often wasted damage from scourge and some -resists that corruptors may or may not have depending on secondaries. As for melee AT's you mentioned, I think it's a moot point. In general melee only ATs should have better damage than a mostly ranged AT if damage is their primary focus. In either case, blasters did just get plenty of help with a buff of their secondaries in the last update. They are a very popular AT and good at what they do.

Edited by Gwyrddu

5 hours ago, cparks7040 said:

so this begs the question, whats the point of a blaster?

2 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Astragfillulah, wong iki maneh.

Please someone lock this thread? This thread adds no value to this forum and some of us don't read the memo from CrudeVileTerror.

• Like 1

Its trolling.  Critical, Assassin Strike, and Scourge are individual flips of a RNGesus roll based on conditions; no where would any sane person but a jaw dragging floor licker after faceplanting idiot would assume that in 60 seconds 10 criticals, 3 strikes in hide (without the newer AS mechanic, just briefly looked at it), and maybe an AV under 50% will be sustained damage levels of a blaster over the course of 60 seconds; if all are at max damage cap. 

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Just eat your green beans, OP. Then you can go out and play.

• Haha 4

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

9 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Before anyone else replies, I'd just like to say:  Given the previous treads, and the use of that particular individual in the profile images for those accounts, I'm leaning heavily in to just assuming malicious trolling at this point.  I really don't like to make such an assumption, but I'm at a loss for a more fitting explanation under Occam's Razor.

You either have a broad definition of "malicious" or having a dialog (yes, even multiples) that you don't like is bad and anything bad should be locked up in the naughty corner.

Sometimes I wonder if people on these boards have any sense of self reflection.  At what point do you think the "trolled" become the "trollers" here?

And no, I'm not defending the OP. I just despise hypocrites but sometimes people just don't realize they are.