Bannable ERP

Raiden Dirty

4 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

That's the sticky part. The guidelines are there, and we (the GM team) need to be free to engage discretion when enforcing them. If we list bullet point by bullet point what is and isnt't allowed, we'll just end up alienating otherwise innocent players, while purposefully toxic ones will try to rules-lawyer their way into being allowed to straddle the line. And no one wants that.

I think you were clear enough.  The TOS and suchlike probably should never have the term ERP in it.   It goes along with the whole Online interactions are not rated idea.  I am sure the GMs do not want to be reading through people's private messages looking for wizard hat references. 

• Like 2

A GM already stepped in to address the issue and clarify the relevant rules of conduct, lets not have this devolve into mud slinging in either direction. That's just going to make both sides look like assholes.

People are going to like what they like and if what they like doesn't hurt anybody, leave'em be. That's all that these sorts of discussions really boil down to.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, GM Impervium said:

Okay, so, this topic deserves a more succinct response than I can type out right now, BUT...

ERP is allowed AS LONG AS:

It is done so privately

All parties involve consent

NO MINORS ARE INVOLVED. This means either a Player OR Character. Any and all accounts involved in underaged ERP will be banned without notice. Please report anyone either trying to ERP with or as a minor (under 18 years).

Will probably follow up later with more detail if needed.

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to you and all the GMs and Devs for being epically cool and keeping this awesome game going for us. I think you guys are more appreciated than you could ever truly know. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arctique said:

A GM already stepped in to address the issue and clarify the relevant rules of conduct, lets not have this devolve into mud slinging in either direction. That's just going to make both sides look like assholes.

People are going to like what they like and if what they like doesn't hurt anybody, leave'em be. That's all that these sorts of discussions really boil down to.

QFT

No sense in outrage on either side of the issue.  

• Like 1

• Lead Game Master

@J_Wolf_13 I wanted to take a moment to answer your concerns more directly.

First, colorful superheroes aside, we do not consider this a "kid's game". We do not allow anyone under 13 to play on our servers, if that's any indication (if you find out someone under 13 is playing here, let us know). That said, we also strive to keep any content one may experience in the realm of "PG-13" (Character names, appearances, and Bios; public chat in zones; AE missions, etc). We do our best to moderate anything that goes beyond that general "PG-13" rating. However, many reasonable people can (and do) disagree what that constitutes. We try to take a balanced approach. So yeah, your nephew might see a catgirl in a thong and a cleavage-enhancing Barbarian Bikini with a few strange words in their bio, but it's up to you (or his parents) to contextualize that in a way that you find appropriate; however, anything beyond that may be something you can come to us with.

On that note, I assure you that the safety and privacy of all our users is our NUMBER ONE priority. Especially those under the age of 18. If your nephew were to play, you would have to set some ground rules for how to interact with people, since he may lack this knowledge himself. Things like not revealing his real name or specific age, not talking to people with specific tags in their Bios, etc. Don't make him afraid to team with others to enjoy missions, but do let him know how to either assert or extract himself if, say, team chat starts getting inappropriate.

As for dealing with the possibility of him dealing with ERP, he simply needs to inform anyone trying to start with him that he's not interested (or underage if he really wants to spook them); Either way, once he tells another user to leave him alone, it's written very clearly in our rules that they must leave him alone. That goes double if he reveals he's a minor. Any contact after that short of a brief apology? Let us know, and we'll deal with it. This assumes, of course, that he's not actively seeking it out. In which case, we'd ban his account.

2 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

Impervium, what's the official stance of a bio linking to F-List via something like
/c/pagenamehere

For context, F-List is a website where (among other things) you can make a character kink 'sheet'.

Is that reportable? I forget if this has been said before.

Obviously you have to actually know what /c/pagename here / "has a /c/" refers to buuut curious people are curious. Sometimes not for the better.

Our general policy is no direct links to the content; interpret that how you wish. Though I'll add that you should make sure that the "pagenamehere" also adheres to our code of conduct (ie, isn't explicitly sexual or graphic. I'd make up some examples, but, well, then I'd be breaking the CoC!). If this isn't possible, you may need to get creative.

Edited by GM Impervium
Had a lot of extra space at the bottom of my post
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 12

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

TFW Karen demands to see the city's manager because it's not baby-proofed: 

Hahaha-No-Meme-02.thumb.jpg.79b6fd920e13c2b2e2bf093d8be039bd.jpg

• Haha 2

AE ARCS:

Most Dangerous Game (ongoing): 16058, 16059, 16060, 4363, 15230, 22386, 23645 * The God Machine (finished): 26365 * Family Reunion (finished): 18920 * Remnants (finished): 5405, 5408, 5411, 5597 * Ball and Chain (finished): 33690 * The Scroll of the Spirit Dragon (finished): 37070 * Prime Real Estate (finished):  43979 * Lord of War (finished):  49034 * Euthanatos (ongoing): 41945, 54307, 54312, 50727