Yomo's Terrific Training-O Tournament!

Yomo Kimyata

tl;dr:  I've hidden over 5 1/2 bn of inf on bids on Training Origin enhancements in the Auction House.  Come and get them!

EDIT (all gone!)

EDIT (five days in)  Current status available outstanding (0mm):

0 / 50 -- 1mm bids

0 / 50 -- 10mm bids

0 / 50 -- 100mm bids

So, I had a hankering for TOs, since they don't drop anymore and I was nostalgic.  So I bought all of them available in the AH.  But that wasn't enough, not by a long shot!  

I have put a total of 150 bids on TOs in the marketplace.  They were allocated randomly across the 25 available types of TOs (as far as I know Training:  Activation Acceleration never existed, which is just too darn bad) and from levels 1-20.  Fifty bids each of 1mm, 10mm, and 100mm.  Oh, and I also put in a random number of lower bids on each one of these as well in order to keep folks from searching for only those with bids outstanding.  

If you have any TOs lying around on alts, or in your base, or *if you can come up with them any other way*, then try your luck!  

[RETRACTED:  TAKE ALL YOU WANT!]  And here's the big ask:  if you do take down one of the 100mm bids, please hold off on fishing for any more for a day.  I realize that this is the equivalent of putting a big old basket of candy on your doorstep on Halloween with a note that says "Take One!" but I think it would be cool if many people got to roll the dice here rather than one determined person snapping up all the inf.

Happy hunting!

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
Updating
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

Who run Bartertown?

Went through all my alts, liquidated any TO's I found (tricky, as I've a habit of selling stuff frequently, owing to running with 2x EXP all the time)... Results below. Also, were you just keeping it to 20 as the upper end (as I found 21/22 TO's on one toon)?

image.png.d5b153cca99212c1c41e647523df077b.png 

image.png.72043ea54f8371480cbc0ca50ac232ea.png

image.png.0d23f3244424690bcefe880981973afd.png

JACKPOT!!!!

image.png.60d54052273dff91d36d0658301dd78d.png

Whelp, that was a fun exercise to catch! 152 million, with 4 toons having winning items! Shame I can't play anymore, as I've listed all the TO's I have, and I won't get anymore. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Death is the best debuff.

56 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Socially-Awesome-Awkward-Penguin.jpg.83231fca9ba90dcba798e91d1a995df4.jpg

No idea how I ended up with that; but it is kind of hilarious.  You're welcome to it for your collection.

I should have read the Wiki and made it up to 21:

This table shows the exact chances that dropped Enhancements will be of a certain type, according to the patch notes for Issue 9. This is not the chance of getting an Enhancement as a reward for defeating an enemy.

Character
Level
Training Dual-Origin Single-Origin
1-12 100%    
13-21 50% 50%  
22-31   50% 50%
32-40   25% 75%
41-50     100%

But I didn't. 

Interestingly enough, there were plenty of TOs in the AH north of 21, mostly at 50.  I'm guessing that was due to people exempting down, possibly from other sources.  But I decided to focus on the "droppable" range.

Who run Bartertown?

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

tl;dr:  I've hidden over 5 1/2 bn of inf on bids on Training Origin enhancements in the Auction House.  Come and get them!

EDIT (1 hour in)  Current status available outstanding:

45 / 50 -- 1mm bids

40 / 50 -- 10mm bids

37 / 50 -- 100mm bids

So, I had a hankering for TOs, since they don't drop anymore and I was nostalgic.  So I bought all of them available in the AH.  But that wasn't enough, not by a long shot!  

I have put a total of 150 bids on TOs in the marketplace.  They were allocated randomly across the 25 available types of TOs (as far as I know Training:  Activation Acceleration never existed, which is just too darn bad) and from levels 1-20.  Fifty bids each of 1mm, 10mm, and 100mm.  Oh, and I also put in a random number of lower bids on each one of these as well in order to keep folks from searching for only those with bids outstanding.  

If you have any TOs lying around on alts, or in your base, or *if you can come up with them any other way*, then try your luck!  

And here's the big ask:  if you do take down one of the 100mm bids, please hold off on fishing for any more for a day.  I realize that this is the equivalent of putting a big old basket of candy on your doorstep on Halloween with a note that says "Take One!" but I think it would be cool if many people got to roll the dice here rather than one determined person snapping up all the inf.

Happy hunting!

My first reaction was, 'what! No more Training Origin Enhancements?'  So I went through the Outbreak tutorial, and sure enough I was rewarded with a 'Talisman of the Initiate' an All-Origin enhancement. I did notice that the dialog needs updated though...

image.png.e9e334af218626c6dde467d5f985e87b.png

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

10 hours ago, Vhalidictes said:

Is this Hero side or Villain side? They didn't ever merge the AH did they?

They merged them when Going Rogue was in beta, since they were going to end up with *three* currencies that did the exact same thing, and trying to figure out a conversion for the exact same thing was getting ridiculous - as was trying to deal with the markets.

I mean, it was a headache *reading* about it while that was going on.

(Also, yay, got 10m on a level 12 alt earlier today that it really needed. Thanks Yomo.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On live, and perhaps even here before TOs were eliminated as drops (or perhaps even still now), you could get high level TOs (yes even level 50) from one of the side missions in a mayhem.  The "Smash and Grab" where you rob the other vault.  I stored the first one I got like that for the novelty of it but I did get others.  Most of the time this gave an SO as a reward, but definitely would give TOs.  I imagine they would drop from whatever the Safeguard version of Smash and Grab was too.

Some numbers:

2bn -- approximately the total inf amount of bids still outstanding

500 -- the total number of possible places I hid it

29.8% -- the probability that there were two or more bids on the same item

76 -- the number of TOs my distracting bids snared at the price of 1 inf

15 -- just a number, I think

8 -- the number of days it took me to set up this tournament

a lot less than 8 -- the number of days it took me to accumulate 5.55bn inf

Who run Bartertown?

2 minutes ago, iBot said:

Awesome idea there @Yomo Kimyata.  One quick thought: Doesn't the level not matter?  Meaning someone could post a say level 21 (to use the example above) on the AH and your bid would fill at whatever level you put up?  Or am I missing something here?

TOs (like DOs, SOs, and common IOs (and HOs) ) aren't fungible or bucketed, so the level does matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

And now over 80% of the bids have been filled, but there are still plenty more!

If only there were some way to create training-os for cheap.

If only there were some way...

(The "Take One" request has been removed at this point.  Feel free to clean me out.)

I've already run down the tutorial for TOs, but they aren't granted anymore. Do you mean to tell me there is a way??

Edit: Well I've run through Blue, Red, and Gold side vendors and they aren't selling anything but DOs/SOs. I'm imagining the only other way is through a contact...

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

I've already run down the tutorial for TOs, but they aren't granted anymore. Do you mean to tell me there is a way??

Edit: Well I've run through Blue, Red, and Gold side vendors and they aren't selling anything but DOs/SOs. I'm imagining the only other way is through a contact...

Base trainers still have them...or did.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

5 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Base trainers still have them...or did.

I wasn't going to say anything but since you have, yeah... Base quartermasters have them if your character is low enough.  I can see them on a level 21 but not on my 50s.  I assume they disappear at 24 then?

And since combining now works to add to the level rather than ++, I assume you can create TOs for any level.