Always have a "wakie" when you die

Diantane

You're laying there asking others for a "wakie" so you don't have to run all the way back from the hospital. However there's a way you can always have one or any other inspiration you might need. When you get an extra one or just buy an inspiration from the nurse on the bottom floor of hospital, then mail it to yourself. Mail several (one at a time). Then you will always have one when you need it.

Edited by Diantane
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

*nods solemnly*

So sayeth the Diantane.

So sayeth our Lord. 

• Haha 9

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

I've gotten rezzed by more teammates than I have ever used awakens.

• Thumbs Up 3

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

CoH 101.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

1 hour ago, Carnifax said:

Just buy the Rez power from the p2w and never worry about it again. 

While not a bad idea, those rezzes are once an hour (sometimes longer if the game feels mean, had it go on 1hr40m cooldown a few times for no good reason before).  If you have a case of chronic-floor-eating syndrome, backup awakens won't hurt.

But to tack on to this suggestion, a few other rezzes:

Resusication from the 15-20 Mayhem/Safeguard, which is a 15m cooldown and lasts 48hrs of play.

Renewel of Light, or whatever it was renamed to.  Similar 15m cooldown, damage, knockback and stun surrouding foes.  Buy it with a handful of candy canes in Pocket D's ski lodge (first time purchase also comes with a free badge!).  Lasts for 7 real days after purchase.

Super Packs have a self-rez power as a potential reward.  They likely have a 15m cooldown too, but if you only claim one and use it before claiming another there's no cooldown.  This trick also works with Experienced and any other consumable Super Pack temp power.  It won't work with Windfall or Amplifiers though, since those are auto powers.

Fire and Dark Mastery epic pools often offer Rise of the Phoenix or Soul Transfer for squishy ATs.  Recharge enhanceable so it's usually up in less than 3m.  Soul Transfer is also a Mag 20 Stun and will paralyze anything short of an AV behind triangles.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

5 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

While not a bad idea, those rezzes are once an hour (sometimes longer if the game feels mean, had it go on 1hr40m cooldown a few times for no good reason before).  If you have a case of chronic-floor-eating syndrome, backup awakens won't hurt.

Any Karate Kid fans? (the movie)

In this fine film, Mr. Miyagi says to Laruso - "Daniel-san, the best way to block hit - No be there!" 

Back on live, before I knew that perma-debt was even a thing, I had it. I want to say it too me 870 hours to get my first 50. I want to say that - but it was really longer. A lot of that time difference between then and now is this version has xp at ..what, a 25% higher rate than live? And with p2w, even higher. But anyway, I digress. I used to die. Often. I'd carry the wakies in my tiny inspiration tray. 
Then it occurred to me, maybe if I carried a few more greens and purples, I wouldn't need so many awakens. 
I would likely have taken 50% longer to reach 50 if I hadn't figured out what defense was. Investing into tough and weave saved my skin a lot more than I would have ever thought possible. My first foray into the maths...I can't recommend it, it's quite tedious. But I can recommend the results of that investigation. Slot for defense. Or a boat load of recharge, so you're always clobbering. There's a balance between chaos and order, and when you find it - you rarely suffer defeat. 

Not trying to dictate that this approach is for everyone. Some folks will be better served to just carry on, enjoy the game the way you are. But a few, just a few might consider carrying a few purples, mashing them before the boss engagements, and die a lot less. It's almost like cheating, except it's not. 

12 hours ago, Diantane said:

You're laying there asking others for a "wakie" so you don't have to run all the way back from the hospital. However there's a way you can always have one or any other inspiration you might need. When you get an extra one or just buy an inspiration from the nurse on the bottom floor of hospital, then mail it to yourself. Mail several (one at a time). Then you will always have one when you need it.

Yeah, that's one way.

I always carry one column of awakens and have the day job rez power.

My awakens aren't for myself, they are for my teammates. 

I'm really good about getting out of a bad situation.

Gameplay for many is about bull-in-the-china-shop defeating foes as quickly as possible.

I like to try to figure out how to defeat the foes in a way and at a speed that the entire team can survive.

A break-free and knowing when to retreat can often keep you from needing an awaken.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Or take Willpower set and get the T9.  You can recharge reduction that down to 2 minutes or less.  Buy Return to Battle for an extra layer of rez.  If you're dying more often than that, you got yourself a serious build problem.

I try to get resuscitate for my teammates, as soon as I can afford to buy it from P2W vendor.

Edited by Triumphant

There are soooooo many ways to "Rez" in this game my numerous Empaths regularly skip Resurrect and save a power choice and I'm ready to combine for a wakie if the numerous methods seem to not be at the ready.

Hell with how fast folks get to mission doors these days go to hospital and 'poof' back to the mission seems viable.

1 hour ago, Triumphant said:

Or take Willpower set and get the T9.  You can recharge reduction that down to 2 minutes or less.  If you're dying as often as that, you got yourself a serious build problem.

Fixed it.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Carnifax said:

Or, as someone said to my Warshade before, "I like the way you built Stygian Return into your attack chain"

We did an all HEAT +4 ITF, 155 deaths, at multiple points the team window had all 8 of us with the self-rez active. It was delirious fun. 

• Haha 3

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Agreed with all of the above. I also like having the Base Rez Circle right next to the Base Buff Station. I can rez, buff myself vs. whatever killed me, grab some insps, and be back at the mish door all within a minute, as long as Mish or Team TP is up.

Just the thing for those for special occasions!

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I am off to have a little keychain fob made with the icon for a Restoration insp on it.

You never know.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com