Focused Feedback: Badges

On 11/16/2021 at 3:41 AM, Voltor said:

So aside from possibly having to use Khan TF or Cuda SF has anyone located a good mission for The Beast Within - Defeat 50 transformed 5th Column lycanthrope soldiers?

Kahn/Barracuda is probably a good bet: that last map is huge, and the others are a pretty good size, too. Probably what I'll do; advertise a badging defeat-many Kahn run and hope to get it in one or two shots.

Other ideas:

Depending on the level range of the added lycanthropes, Mender Lazarus' arc could work.

If the Council versions count, there's the Path of the Dark story arc, and some Kheldian arcs have them IIRC.

I think one of Max's missions is 5th Column?

And the 5th Column shows up in tip missions (the awful one where you have to find Maelstrom to talk to him, only he's stealted so if you miss him he's near-impossible to find again), so that's an option, too.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

On 11/12/2021 at 12:26 AM, Faultline said:

I absolutely hate how much Incarnate powers trivialized the Master of badges for the Task Forces created before Incarnates were a thing. I see this as a long-overdue course correction to restore those badges to a level of difficulty closer to what they originally had.

Having run LRSF before even IOs were introduced I have to agree. The level of difficulty isn't even the same order of magnitude right now.

Even without incarnates, the use of IOs, cross-faction teaming, inherent fitness, and a host of other improvements will make MoLRSF far, far easier than it was Back in the Daytm.

Edited by KeepDistance
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, KeepDistance said:

Having run LRSF before even IOs were introduced I have to agree. The level of difficulty isn't even the same order of magnitude right now.

Even without incarnates, the use of IOs, cross-faction teaming, inherent fitness, and a host of other improvements will make MoLRSF far, far easier than it was Back in the Daytm.

Yes I remember those days well.  Lore pets these days really do tilt the odds considerably.   It will be nice to relearn the old strategies and get the win without incarnate powers.

25 alts with all the badges!

On 11/18/2021 at 12:06 AM, Placta said:

Depending on the level range of the added lycanthropes, Mender Lazarus' arc could work.

Unfortunately they do not

On 11/18/2021 at 12:06 AM, Placta said:

I think one of Max's missions is 5th Column?

Yes, the one to get Gyrfalcon, but these also don't count.

After running around bullying lycanthropes, I'm starting to think that they have to specifically be 5th Column soldiers that undergo a transformation into Werewolves.

3 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I know I've seen it happen before but for the life of me can't figure out where.

I sort of thought it might be tied to ASF's 5 Column Nictus ripple, but after slaughtering a few baddies there and not seeing any transformations (well, on normal mode) I'm starting to question that.

Slaughtering them might be the problem. They only transform at a certain health percentage (33? 25?), and as LTs (I think that's the only rank that transforms?), it's very easy to overshoot and kill them before they can start their animation. So you gotta go with the slow and mindful approach.

13 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Slaughtering them might be the problem. They only transform at a certain health percentage (33? 25?), and as LTs (I think that's the only rank that transforms?), it's very easy to overshoot and kill them before they can start their animation. So you gotta go with the slow and mindful approach.

Indeed same as with council only certain Lieutnants or Bosses do transform, but surely not 33 % its 20% or even down to about 10% , i did watch this closely for the old bug that a lieutnant council transform into a werewolf boss and then slaughter me (yes i play squishie chars too 🙂 ).

Addendum, they start doing this at lvl 30+ (Brickstown radio mishes 🙂 ) probably storywise after the Striga Moonfire Tf when they were introduced at LVL 28 maximum so choosing ouro arcs with a lower lvl might not have em.

Edited by SuggestorK
  • Like 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

On 11/17/2021 at 6:57 AM, Dispari said:

Not sure if intentional or not, but even with full zone unlocks and getting several badges from Cimerora, it's still not a valid LRT destination. With the changes and new badges there I feel like it should be?

I'm sure it is intentional since there are plenty of zones that are not valid LRT destinations despite eight exploration badges and an accolade.  (Echos, Underground, Hive, PVP zones, etc...)

• Developer
On 11/19/2021 at 6:34 AM, twozerofoxtrot said:

After running around bullying lycanthropes, I'm starting to think that they have to specifically be 5th Column soldiers that undergo a transformation into Werewolves.

This is correct, the badge is specifically referring to the LTs and Bosses that transform into Warwolves at under 25% health.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

• Developer
On 11/17/2021 at 9:57 AM, Dispari said:

Not sure if intentional or not, but even with full zone unlocks and getting several badges from Cimerora, it's still not a valid LRT destination. With the changes and new badges there I feel like it should be?

Intentional.

If you're going to Cimerora it's not 'teleporting' at that point anymore, it's 'time traveling'. This is the same reason why the base beacons for the Echo zones were removed, as it doesn't make sense for teleporters to inexplicably have time travel capabilities, so these zones were restricted to their Ouroboros-related entry methods as canonically they're the only accessible method players have to time travel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Red side, best side!

2 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Intentional.

If you're going to Cimerora it's not 'teleporting' at that point anymore, it's 'time traveling'. This is the same reason why the base beacons for the Echo zones were removed, as it doesn't make sense for teleporters to inexplicably have time travel capabilities, so these zones were restricted to their Ouroboros-related entry methods as canonically they're the only accessible method players have to time travel.

A corollary of that would be that LRT to anywhere except Pocket D/Echo Plaza and an SG Base would be disabled when you're in Cimerora.  So, shush all!

• Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

BLUF: This isn't a problem per say. I'm only raising it for Dev awareness as a matter of record.

Regarding the Epidemiologist badge, while the badge tracker on Beta seems to be picking up kills from the Story Arc missions and TFs (Graveyard Shift, Freakish Lab, Posi 1 & 2), for some reason the tracker that's currently on live but hidden isn't picking up 2 kills from Graveyard Shift: Grey Matter and Salamander. 

I've run the arc about 3 or 4 times on Live now, with variations on clearing the bar fight mission (just kill the two bosses, complete the mission objective only, let them kill each other without interfering, clear the whole map), and after each one, I've copied a fresh version of my character onto Beta to see if the tracker updated there. It didn't.

Everything else is recorded by the hidden kill tracker as normal.

This should not really be an issue as the tracker on Beta itself is recording these kills. But just in case there is some strangeness later when Pg3 goes live, this might hopefully be a useful bookmark to reflect on.

5 hours ago, Darmian said:

A corollary of that would be that LRT to anywhere except Pocket D/Echo Plaza and an SG Base would be disabled when you're in Cimerora.  So, shush all!

I don't know.  If it's that much of a personal bug-bear to someone in the dev crew, it's a little silly for them to stop halfway.  Following their reading of the Lore, it's absolutely appropriate to block all of those things as "time travel", and for the sake of consistency it could be (fairly compellingly, I think-) argued that they really SHOULD.  (The aircraft-summoning Team Teleports should probably be disabled, too, to be honest. It's not like there's a Longbow or Arachnos base handy in ancient Rome... but then that's true of a lot of places where we call the things. They're magic, apparently. o_O )

Would that be annoying from a practical, quality-of-life for the players point of view? Yes. Yes, it would.

But so are the lack of normal base beacons and teleport options to get there, and that certainly doesn't seem to have made any difference.   

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

13 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Intentional.

OK then make a special portal ala Ouroborus portal you get once you get all the Cim Exploration Badges. Or make the LRT port you to the interior of the Midnight Club instead.

Just my 2 cents.

I find solutions to problems, it's not my concern if they're practical or not.  🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

• Developer
7 hours ago, DarkonCOH99 said:

interior of the Midnight Club instead

This is something we could likely look into further with the requirement tied to the badge that gives access to the Midnight Club; I'll bring it up for discussion internally.

Nice suggestion!

• Like 1

Red side, best side!

6 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

This is something we could likely look into further with the requirement tied to the badge that gives access to the Midnight Club; I'll bring it up for discussion internally.

Nice suggestion!

Better yet, tie it to the Midnighter Archivist Badge, give a benefit for finding all those "easter eggs"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DarkonCOH99 said:

Better yet, tie it to the Midnighter Archivist Badge, give a benefit for finding all those "easter eggs"

Ugh. That thing is a prime example of a badge that's more annoying than fun.

Obscure pixel-hunts are never the answer. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 11/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, Cobalt Arachne said:

Intentional.

That makes sense actually, from a lore perspective.

On 11/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, Cobalt Arachne said:

Intentional.

So, just so I get this right... in a situation where:

a) I can TUNNEL to Night Ward to get access to Midnight Club on Primal Earth (for some reason)

b) Queue into ITF to insta-teleport to Cimerora

c) Every hero/villain has access to LRT as a power even if it makes no sense for their character

"You can't teleport to Cimerora because in-world consistency" is suddenly a thing?

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on whether it should be added to LRT. I just wanted to point out the absurdity of taking this stance where there's already dozens of other convenience-related features of the game that don't follow this kind of rule.

• Like 2

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API

10 minutes ago, RubyRed said:

So, just so I get this right... in a situation where:

a) I can TUNNEL to Night Ward to get access to Midnight Club on Primal Earth (for some reason)

b) Queue into ITF to insta-teleport to Cimerora

c) Every hero/villain has access to LRT as a power even if it makes no sense for their character

"You can't teleport to Cimerora because in-world consistency" is suddenly a thing?

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on whether it should be added to LRT. I just wanted to point out the absurdity of taking this stance where there's already dozens of other convenience-related features of the game that don't follow this kind of rule.

It may be absurd for the reasons you've articulated, but it's the stance of the folks running the game. I'm okay with it either way, same as you - but I also know if that's how the HC Team wants it, that's how it's gonna be. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png