"come on bro"

..st knockback

-PUGs

not all players play the same or want the same things

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

image.png.857a541d451365b867eafdca4d93de2e.png

I am the one who knocksback

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

TrooBloo was a blaster, he started playing solo
But he knew it wouldn't last
TrooBlue wanted TFs, so he joined some PUGgers
he used all of his attacks...

Knockback, Knockback
Knockback slotted in attacks
Knockback, Knockback
Knockback Troobloo

Sweet DiamaBurnTank thought he was a herder
aggro was an aura thing
All the other teammates never saw him taunting
but they heard him cry and sing...

Knockback, Knockback
Knockback is spoiling all my fun
Knockback, Knockback
Walls? I never saw a farm map with one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have to say, I find the endless bitching about KB one of the most entertaining aspects of the forum. You'd think States designed it around herd'n'burn and everything else was a mistake.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I wonder how much time is spent with fancy formatting that could be spent on communicating information in a meaningful way. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Dude must be the word most used on pug runs i swear, ad nauseam, we should add it to the filter at this point.

• Like 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

53 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

I wonder how much time is spent with fancy formatting that could be spent on communicating information in a meaningful way. 

As a graphics, publication and web designer, I think I'd take exception to that.

But I'll just say that if you see a bit of text color and italics as "fancy formatting," we're not likely to ever cross paths anyway, since you appear to be in that category thinking your daughter designed a great logo and your secretary does a fine job with your website. 🙂

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

50 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

As a graphics, publication and web designer, I think I'd take exception to that.

But I'll just say that if you see a bit of text color and italics as "fancy formatting," we're not likely to ever cross paths anyway, since you appear to be in that category thinking your daughter designed a great logo and your secretary does a fine job with your website. 🙂

*coughcoughmanagescreativesafterdoingthatjobfor15years*

Don't need text color and italics to communicate an idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

4 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I have to say, I find the endless bitching about KB one of the most entertaining aspects of the forum. You'd think States designed it around herd'n'burn and everything else was a mistake.

I actually like knockback, and appreciate more so when it's used in a fashion that is conducive to my desire for speed and efficiency. That said I've long thought that KB should do bonus impact damage for a target getting forcibly flung into a wall or off a cliff or hard into the ground.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aurora_Girl said:

*coughcoughmanagescreativesafterdoingthatjobfor15years*

chuckle chuckle you'd be one of the noobs in my company by over twice that snicker snicker were you even born in the 1980s and those who can't manage

1 hour ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Don't need text color and italics to communicate an idea.

yet you had to use asterisks didn't you

Seriously... your argument here is as on as odd a tangent as many you post. Is Troo's cute use of 1 color and some italics to build a visual of the exchange really the point here? At all? In any remotely meaningful way?

• Thumbs Down 4

4 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

To be fair, there were a LOT of mistakes. Remember when you could only turn on one toggle at a time?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

KB has its place... But trolling your team and acting like an ass-hat with it is a quick way to wind up one-starred...

No argument. But most powers and any player can be an asshat; KB is not unique in that respect. Stalkers and blasters who insist on running ahead to snipe the boss, for example, Or even stone tanks who loudly bitch and call the rest of the team names when they're not allowed to take the star role as aggro anchor.

I'll just repeat: I find it sourly amusing that a player force tilted heavily towards farming, and farming tactics in regular missions, never shut up about how awrful KB is. Me, I've found it a wonderful power since Live rolled out. Great fun and very superhero-y.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I actually like knockback, and appreciate more so when it's used in a fashion that is conducive to my desire for speed and efficiency. That said I've long thought that KB should do bonus impact damage for a target getting forcibly flung into a wall or off a cliff or hard into the ground.

As it was in the PnP Champions, so should it be here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Shenanigunner said:

No argument. But most powers and any player can be an asshat; KB is not unique in that respect. Stalkers and blasters who insist on running ahead to snipe the boss, for example, Or even stone tanks who loudly bitch and call the rest of the team names when they're not allowed to take the star role as aggro anchor.

I'll just repeat: I find it sourly amusing that a player force tilted heavily towards farming, and farming tactics in regular missions, never shut up about how awrful KB is. Me, I've found it a wonderful power since Live rolled out. Great fun and very superhero-y.

While it's true that being a jerk knows no borders, I've run into a lot more trolls using KB as their weapon-of-choice than bad Stalkers or prima donna Tanks. 

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

6 hours ago, Troo said:

..aoe knockback

"can't you see I'm herding"

..st knockback

"dude"

"you keep knocking them out of my patch"

..pew pew

"i going pull them to this corner"

..pew pew

"dude"

..aoe knockback

"What the heck bro"

..aoe knockback

"F#$@!!!!!! WHYYYYY!!!"

"..but M0r3 p0w3rZ"

..pew pew

"come on bro"

..st knockback

-PUGs

not all players play the same or want the same things

I fail to understand how, but it would seem some forum posters (I won't name names) never see this type of chat in game. Makes me wonder if they ever even read chat. This type of conversation in a PUG team particularly is far from uncommon. It makes me wonder if that isn't a copy/paste of an actual chat log? If not, that is pretty much how those chats end up going, haha.

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

While it's true that being a jerk knows no borders, I've run into a lot more trolls using KB as their weapon-of-choice than bad Stalkers or prima donna Tanks. 

Maybe a chicken-and-egg problem here. A large part of the player base really hates KB, so what better tool to troll with?

I just don't team with my main (<-- that guy) any more rather than accidentally Foot Stomp a small room full of foes and get scolded for it.

2 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Maybe a chicken-and-egg problem here. A large part of the player base really hates KB, so what better tool to troll with?

I just don't team with my main (<-- that guy) any more rather than accidentally Foot Stomp a small room full of foes and get scolded for it.

Why would Foot Stomp get you scolded? It's a Knock Down unless you Foot Stomp Clockwork.