Positive Gamer No Longer Playing CoH, Very Horrible Story

Solarverse

6 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

I don't do Hami raids either - never saw the point of 'em.  But on Everlasting I can't remember seeing a Hami raid announcement.  If it's not announced on General or LFG, I definitely wouldn't see it.  If it's a one-off system blurb, I probably wouldn't notice it.  If, as PG claims, he hadn't done Hami on Homecoming before that one attempt, there's no reason to believe he'd automatically see or know about such announcements.

A quick PSA to everyone in this thread, then I'll bow out of it.  There is a difference between hearsay, anecdotal evidence, and actual, you know, evidence.  Again, I'm not out to defend PG - never heard of him before today - but I can see that this thread has already started to slip down the self-righteous witch-hunt path.

Because he is full of crap and that is the toxic behavior that need to be pointed out, though I agree this could get out of hand, just focusing on facts, he knew about all raids, as I said, I followed his streams, he was very aware of what happened in different shards of HC, many of his viewers invited him and carried him through content, also gave him the gist of it constantly, and he was long enough in game to know by himself as well, everyone who stopped viewing him knows why he stopped playing, and it was certainly not because of some harassment.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

image.gif.1d6b971086b1db97ee77f9e731a193de.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

In short, he doesn't know how to run a massive SG or a streaming community. He also openly admits he went against HC's wishes. He shouldn't of had to deal with the hate he got, but sometimes you have to know what version of your personal time you want to take on. I led a group on live, and I have zero desire to do so now.

• Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

the self-righteous witch-hunt path

Really, that’s the only way to do witch hunts. You never hear of anyone going down the timid, accommodating pacifist witch hunt path.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

Just now, MHertz said:

Really, that’s the only way to do witch hunts. You never hear of anyone going down the timid, accommodating pacifist witch hunt path.

Mmm... eh... wou... wouldyoupleasebesokindtoconfessyourwitchcraftandclimbonthepyre???... Kyaaaaaa!!! Inquisitor kun lets out a yelp of embarrassment while covering his face with both hands, hopefully Witch Senpai will not stop liking him because of this!

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

All I can say is, truth or no truth, drama or just-the-facts, Live or HC, day or night... this sort of thing is rare to the point of nonexistence in CoX.

Which is a big part of why I am still here, pretty much the only game/community I engage, 15+ years later.

Happy New Year to the best game community on earth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

I don't do Hami raids either - never saw the point of 'em.  But on Everlasting I can't remember seeing a Hami raid announcement.  If it's not announced on General or LFG, I definitely wouldn't see it.

I know on Everlasting they're announced in LFG pretty consistently. (And usually filled reasonably fast.)

As for the video... meh. Didn't watch. Just the title and subject sound tinfoil-hat-y, and I neither know nor care who the guy is, so...

• Thumbs Up 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I feel bad for the guy, no one deserves to be barraged with thunderspy level comments. I honestly also don't think the HC Beta thing is a big deal, was it a dick move by the HC team. Yeah, but that doesn't really show a failing of character on their part. Though I understand why that would push him away from the game. 

Agree with some of the people in this thread that his general style of content isn't appealing to me, and sort made me sad when I was looking for CoH content on Youtube just to find Positive Gamer is the basically the only channel with understanding of any sort of quality. Which isn't saying much. 

But, I think you gotta sort of expect a certain amount vitriol if you plan to stream/make content for any kind of game, and especially online games. The internet is still the internet, no matter how much companies try to make it squeaky clean. And on the merch thing it's scummy as shit, if true, but I still don't think he deserves to be sent death threats.

That's my thoughts on it. Wanted to say something but some people in this thread seem so blinded by hate for the guy to look at this objectively(Won't name names, you know who you are. 👁️👄👁️).

Edited by FrogTheToad
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, arcane said:

I have yet to see substantial evidence refuting my personal position that streamers and youtubers are inherently  disproportionately narcissistic.

That's essentially...any performing art. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

wait...this is all because this idiot stumbled into a Hami raid and was lost?  Thats like wandering out into downtown traffic then going home and posting a video about how everyone downtown hates you and do not respect your humanity....   gtfo of traffic ya moron!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

I followed PG for a while when I first became aware of HC.

He provided some good information, but it was accompanied by a lot of fluff. I wandered off and don't miss it.

However, if you are going to style yourself as "Positive Gamer," you should for Hami's sake hold yourself to a higher standard of gracious play!

As my grandmother used to say, "Don't wrassle pigs! You wind up covered in muck, and the pig only  enjoys it."

Happy Hogswatch, and a better 2022 to all!

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

16 minutes ago, Snarky said:

wait...this is all because this idiot stumbled into a Hami raid and was lost?  Thats like wandering out into downtown traffic then going home and posting a video about how everyone downtown hates you and do not respect your humanity....   gtfo of traffic ya moron!

He was gonna stream a Hami Raid.  One was already in the recruitment stage. He could have:

A) Joined in.

B) Come back at another time.

C) Siphon players and "zerg Hamidon".  His own words. 

He chose C.  As for the rest, all I saw was contradictions and dubious claims including having evidence.  I dunno about you, but if I have evidence of malfeasance, I'm gonna show receipts.

Two questions:

Why the hell did I waste 27 minutes?!  Am I insane?

Why the hell was this posted in the first place?  Nothing good could have come of it.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 7

On 1/1/2022 at 9:06 AM, Shred Monkey said:

Just to clarify to the TLDW people... PG had no complaints about game changes.  He mentioned the no streaming thing of course.  He was a streamer after all.  But the rest was just personal drama and burnout.

Notice the only like you got was from me? That's because they don't care. All they cared about was somebody is quitting the game and it gives them a chance to make a smart ass comment and collect a few likes/laughing faces. I'm sure they will come back to tell me how wrong I am or something, but...I won't be convinced, it's their MO.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

8 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Notice the only like you got was from me? That's because they don't care. All they cared about was somebody is quitting the game and it gives them a chance to make a smart ass comment and collect a few likes/laughing faces. I'm sure they will come back to tell me how wrong I am or something, but...I won't be convinced, it's their MO.

People don't give likes to things they don't feel entirely onboard with, but they are polite enough to not give a dislike even if they strongly disagree, like a certain someone that now and then gives an odd vibe with discourses of "them and us" and bringing into this forum external drama.

2 hours ago, arcane said:

I have yet to see substantial evidence refuting my personal position that streamers and youtubers are inherently  disproportionately narcissistic.

So you're saying that I should start a YouTube channel now?

• Haha 4

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.