Burn Out

Apparition

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

"Dominators suck until you get perma-dom"
"Controllers suck until you get pets"
"Sentinels are weak in damage" 
"Blasters are too squishy and get mezzed all the time"
"Defenders are weak damage, and nobody plays them right"
"Masterminds got too many pets and they never control them. And they get in the way and make too much noise"
"Damn tanks are always jumping ahead, leaving scraps for the rest to deal with. And they can't punch their way out of a wet paper bag" 
"Stupid Broots. They act like single target damage is weak, and they think fury is an excuse to run off any way they choose. They don't even have the HP of tanks and they won't take taunt. Useless." 
"Scrappers? Pfff...weak hp, mobs always running away, and they never read chat. Useless. And their damage ain't that great. Damn crits always happen when the mob is 90% dead. Useless." 
"Corruptors? Ugh! No mez protection, and half of them forget they have a secondary. And the other have forget they have a primary. And they always make me type "scourge" when the npc is at less than half health. Arrogant bastards." 
"Kheldians? zomg! Nice effects, but they can't do anything very well. And if you go tri-form, you need 40 more slots, at least to make them good. And ya gotta be a damned bind & Macro master to play one" 
"Veats? What a joke. Damn things are end heavy, weak in damage unless you proc 'em. And even then not so good. I'd sooner die than make one of those again. If they didn't have such good team buffs, nobody would let them on their team." 

An excellent, succinct summation of the City of Heroes chat channels and forum.  A+

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Dont log in because you think you have to.  Sometimes i would be about to play some other game and logged in to CoH first to make sure i wasnt missing anything.  Then i stand around for 20 minutes to make sure i dont miss a friend logging on.  And in reality i just missed what i was going to do originally.

Ive worked on actually doing other stuff when i want to do other stuff and not logging in to stand around for 20 minutes.  Ive managed a playthrough of dark cloud 2 and i fired up rogue galaxy now on my PS2.

For sure take a break if you need a break.  If you just come for the mothership raid,  we will see you there.  If its an extended break then say wassup when you get back.  If its a permanent break then we had some good times and you would be missed.  But i would recommend trying some of the advice so far in this thread before making a permanent decision.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Apparition said:

(No, not the power.)  For the past month or so, I get to the log on screen, look at my list of characters, look over them again... and think, "Meh."  I don't feel like playing any of them, although I'll pick one for the scheduled raids I co-lead and for iTrials with my SG.  I thought maybe I'd try something a little different... make a character to solo absolutely everything in the game, from gold side to red side to blue side.  I must have made and deleted about ten different characters over the past two weeks, all by the time they get to Imperial City.  I make a Brute because I keep reading and I keep being told that Brutes are the way to go for this project.  But then I get near the end of Nova Praetoria or the beginning of Imperial City and think to myself, "Brutes are terrible at endgame.  Do I really want to do all of this on a Brute?" and delete the character.  Then I make a Mastermind, because Masterminds were my favorite AT back on live and I miss playing one.  But then I get near the end of Nova Praetoria or the beginning of Imperial City and think to myself, "Praetorian ambushes are deadly for Masterminds.  You know this.  On top of that, quite a few people I know intensely dislike playing with Masterminds.  Do I really want to do all of this on a Mastermind?" and delete the character.  Then I'll try another Brute, and eventually go back to thinking to myself "Brutes are terrible at endgame.  Do I really want to do all of this on a Brute?" and delete the character.  As I've said, I've done this about ten times in the past two weeks.

I now realize that I'm burned out on City of Heroes.  I just really feel no interest in playing it other than for scheduled events with friends.  How do y'all deal with that?

I had fun doing whatever i wanted, made tons of costumes, started making D&D classes in game, someone made a swell paladin for me, I made a druid and a necromancer, now making a ranger, made a costume contest, should make another probably but too busy and i keep squandering inf. May not be your thing but roleplaying always help, or play another thing and keep dipping for group content. Probably you would have a better time if you tried to use your builds knowledge to make weird chars work instead of dropping them because they are not viable.

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

16 hours ago, Apparition said:

Then I make a Mastermind, because Masterminds were my favorite AT back on live and I miss playing one.  But then I get near the end of Nova Praetoria or the beginning of Imperial City and think to myself, "Praetorian ambushes are deadly for Masterminds. 

I now realize that I'm burned out on City of Heroes.  I just really feel no interest in playing it other than for scheduled events with friends.  How do y'all deal with that?

For what it's worth, I soloed a Mastermind to 20 in Praetoria, and am doing it again. The only reason the first MM left Praetoria is because I stumbled over the Warden's wrong-contact-order bug and was really miffed at having had her experience messed up like that. Barring any similar bugs in the Responsibility arc, I'd like to see how long I can keep the second MM in praetoria, and soloing. Yes it's on the harder side, I have to be careful, and missions take more time. But that's the experience I want with those toons.

That said, I totally understand game burnout. I've found it helps to go play other games that my brain is interested in, and eventually it'll come back around to wanting this one again. 😉

• Like 2

Coloden.png

50 minutes ago, kwsapphire said:

For what it's worth, I soloed a Mastermind to 20 in Praetoria, and am doing it again. The only reason the first MM left Praetoria is because I stumbled over the Warden's wrong-contact-order bug and was really miffed at having had her experience messed up like that. Barring any similar bugs in the Responsibility arc,

I'm aware of two thing in Praetoria that can screw up your contacts. 

Both are discussed on this post:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1797-loyalist-resistance-switching-alignments-every-time-for-praetorians/

• Doctor Steffard will be removed from the game world if you complete (not start, complete) the third mission for Interrogator Kang (which is the search 10 dumpsters for the Limbo Device mission), so be sure to do ALL of Doctor Steffard's missions before doing ANY missions for Interrogator Kang. Fortunately, the breadcrumb introduction mission from Provost Marchand to Interrogator Kang can be completed without removing Doctor Steffard.  It is also possible that completing missions for Interrogator Kang may remove Seer 1381 from the world also (not confirmed).
  • Aaron Walker will be removed from the game world by missions given by Calvin Scott, so be sure to do ALL of Aaron Walker's missions before doing ANY missions for Calvin Scott.

For the Aaron Walker one, I'm not even sure you can ACCEPT a mission from Calvin's Scott's arc, never mind complete it. I just never Calvin about missions until I'm done with everything else. But it's very doable to stay Praetorian. They may never formally introduce you to Doorman, but you can find him in the Underground, or via Contacts list, and go straight from Neutropolis to First Ward at lvl 20+, without ever having gone through the normal portal mission, without ever having chosen Red or Blue.  I have two characters doing this now, one still in First Ward, one on the final set of story arcs for Night Ward. Getting them to 50 without ever choosing Red or Blue may be a bit of a pain, but it can be done. Using AE via Studio 55 / Pocket D, if everything else taps out first. 

Should you find some of the Ward missions.... difficult.... there's always the difficulty adjustment buttons.  Also, most (all?) servers have some Praetoria-philes who would be glad to help out, even on the "oh you gotta be kidding me" missions.

I am also going through everything everywhere, although I'm doing it on a controller.  I will second what Snarky said: Don't start in Praetoria.  Everything from Goldside is available in Ouro, but the same is not true for Red and Blue.

As to your bigger question of burnout, I'll just add to chorus saying that a break may be in order.  I played on live from the very beginning, but I only had an active account for like half of the time.  I joined Homecoming as soon as I learned about it, but since then I've already taken like a year off.

The current project of completing everything at level on one character has gotten me the most interested I've been in the game in a very long time.

7 minutes ago, ranagrande said:

I am also going through everything everywhere, although I'm doing it on a controller.  I will second what Snarky said: Don't start in Praetoria.  Everything from Goldside is available in Ouro, but the same is not true for Red and Blue.

If you start red or blue, you lose the Double-Cross / Undercover options when doing goldside missions. 

Maybe you care. Maybe you don't. But those choices vanish if you don't begin gold.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MTeague said:

If you start red or blue, you lose the Double-Cross / Undercover options when doing goldside missions. 

Maybe you care. Maybe you don't. But those choices vanish if you don't begin gold.

That's the tradeoff.  You lose those if start red or blue.  If you start gold, you lose every mission that isn't part of an arc and doesn't award a badge.  There are a LOT of standalone missions.

Now to be fair, a lot of those missions are terrible, but there are also a lot of good ones.  At least in terms of quantity though, you lose out on a lot more if you start in Praetoria.

19 hours ago, Apparition said:

Currently, play other games.

Back on live:

- I ran a top 40 SG with two sister SG's

- I was an officer in two other SG's, one of them in the top 10

- I was a member in a couple other SG's, including one with specific participation requirements

- I ran TF's and trials for my SG

- I ran TF's on Saturday with open sign-up on the forums

Eventually, I got burnt out, conveniently right about when the game shut down anyway.  So I moved on to other games and didn't even join guilds in them, let alone run a guild.

Now, I'm back in CoH and have reformed my SG but only with a handful of people I knew from live or that I know in real life.  But I'm also playing 7 Days To Die, Red Dead Online, Civilization VI, Warhammer: Verminide 2 and a few other games on a regular basis.  I don't lead any scheduled stuff in CoH - just random TF's when I feel like it - but I have 17 characters at level 50.

TL/DR version:  If you're burning out on CoH, just stop.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, MTeague said:

I'm aware of two thing in Praetoria that can screw up your contacts. 

Both are discussed on this post:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1797-loyalist-resistance-switching-alignments-every-time-for-praetorians/

• Doctor Steffard will be removed from the game world if you complete (not start, complete) the third mission for Interrogator Kang (which is the search 10 dumpsters for the Limbo Device mission), so be sure to do ALL of Doctor Steffard's missions before doing ANY missions for Interrogator Kang. Fortunately, the breadcrumb introduction mission from Provost Marchand to Interrogator Kang can be completed without removing Doctor Steffard.  It is also possible that completing missions for Interrogator Kang may remove Seer 1381 from the world also (not confirmed).
  • Aaron Walker will be removed from the game world by missions given by Calvin Scott, so be sure to do ALL of Aaron Walker's missions before doing ANY missions for Calvin Scott.

For the Aaron Walker one, I'm not even sure you can ACCEPT a mission from Calvin's Scott's arc, never mind complete it. I just never Calvin about missions until I'm done with everything else. But it's very doable to stay Praetorian. They may never formally introduce you to Doorman, but you can find him in the Underground, or via Contacts list, and go straight from Neutropolis to First Ward at lvl 20+, without ever having gone through the normal portal mission, without ever having chosen Red or Blue.  I have two characters doing this now, one still in First Ward, one on the final set of story arcs for Night Ward. Getting them to 50 without ever choosing Red or Blue may be a bit of a pain, but it can be done. Using AE via Studio 55 / Pocket D, if everything else taps out first. 

Should you find some of the Ward missions.... difficult.... there's always the difficulty adjustment buttons.  Also, most (all?) servers have some Praetoria-philes who would be glad to help out, even on the "oh you gotta be kidding me" missions.

Unfortunately you can. Aaron Walker wasn't dropped into my active contacts window when he should have been, so I ended up doing Calvin Scott's missions thinking I was supposed to. He was my only active contact & I didnt want to do the Crusader storyline on that toon. Up until the part where (spoilers happen), and got sent to a level 14 mission in a level 19 hostile underground resistance zone. That's when a friend of mine told me about the bug. So I did use the contact finder to get Aaron Walker and do his missions, and those of several contacts afterward, but couldn't do (spoiler)'s arc because (spoilers) had already happened, making the contact disappear. 

Edited by kwsapphire

Coloden.png

This is pretty normal for me too. I play COH about a third or half of the year, stop when I get burned out and play other games. I come back for the big patches and updates, and fall in love again for a few months. I'm currently playing a few other games I bought during steam's winter sale, but I know that COH is my ol reliable, and I'll be back sometime this year.

• Like 1

I play radically different video games, and by that I mean ones that are not MMOs, and don't resemble CoH in the slightest.  The change of direction keeps things fresh. 

In game, I try new things, and I'm not necessarily referring to running missions.  I've worked on badges recently and dabbled in improving my base building. (thanks for the instructions videos @Dacy).  I've studiously avoided farming, but once I get all my 50s up the Incarnate ladder, I'll probably start investigating the AE listings, and might try my hand at designing scenarios.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, MTeague said:

Aaron Walker will be removed from the game world by missions given by Calvin Scott, so be sure to do ALL of Aaron Walker's missions before doing ANY missions for Calvin Scott.

Slight correction: It's Crow who gets removed partway through Calvin Scott's missions.  The issue is that the game is incorrectly giving you access to Scott's arc before Crow's which results in losing access to both Crow and Helix if you go too far into Scott.

Aaron Walker does get removed at a point during Dark Watcher's arc, but there isn't a way to do those missions out of order until you leave Praetoria and visit Ouro.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

You picked a tough time to take a break assuming you live somewhere cold (right now).   Otherwise, I'd say go do something you've always wanted to do.  Go buy a motorcycle.  Go to the fitness club just to sit in the sauna.  Challenge your cousin Gavin to an arm-wrestling match.  Loser buys beer for a week. 

Reroll and 50 an INV/SS Tank just to remind you of how bad it could really get. 

Edited by Fan Mail

On 1/24/2022 at 8:33 PM, Apparition said:

(No, not the power.)  For the past month or so, I get to the log on screen, look at my list of characters, look over them again... and think, "Meh."  I don't feel like playing any of them, although I'll pick one for the scheduled raids I co-lead and for iTrials with my SG.  I thought maybe I'd try something a little different... make a character to solo absolutely everything in the game, from gold side to red side to blue side.  I must have made and deleted about ten different characters over the past two weeks, all by the time they get to Imperial City.  I make a Brute because I keep reading and I keep being told that Brutes are the way to go for this project.  But then I get near the end of Nova Praetoria or the beginning of Imperial City and think to myself, "Brutes are terrible at endgame.  Do I really want to do all of this on a Brute?" and delete the character.  Then I make a Mastermind, because Masterminds were my favorite AT back on live and I miss playing one.  But then I get near the end of Nova Praetoria or the beginning of Imperial City and think to myself, "Praetorian ambushes are deadly for Masterminds.  You know this.  On top of that, quite a few people I know intensely dislike playing with Masterminds.  Do I really want to do all of this on a Mastermind?" and delete the character.  Then I'll try another Brute, and eventually go back to thinking to myself "Brutes are terrible at endgame.  Do I really want to do all of this on a Brute?" and delete the character.  As I've said, I've done this about ten times in the past two weeks.

Take a break buddy, come back when you're excited to play.  This is supposed to be fun time; it's not like a job where we're paid to be here or anything.

And I would always team with you if you're on a MM...like Number Six's bio says, it's the player not the AT.  Wishing you well pal.

• Thanks 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Hi, just back from a short break, got the 100% complete on Tomb Raider the Shadow, nice to see some fantastic graphics and wonderful climbing/jumping controls using controller. Took my time and felt a lot more eager to come back to Heroes.

My journey with the game might be a bit different from others, was already aged when I started and this was my very first non solo game. Real scary at first but got sucked in fast.

I spent a lot of the live years running solo except when badges required teaming, and never joined an SG and never had a twinked out alt. I never had nearly enough inf to do that or the knowledge of sets. Only used the market rarely and then mostly for selling. All my alts were slotted with crafted IO’s.

So when we got the game back it was joyous to discover the changes the HC guys had made that finally allowed me to discover all the stuff I could now do.

I now have a solo SG all fitted out, it was brilliant learning how to construct a base.

I looked at the Farmers and though I can do that, so rolled a spines/fire brute and self levelled it using the guide and as I did I started to learn about sets that are now affordable and not a distant dream. Got it to 50 and all super twinked out with sets and procs. 

I rolled a second account and used my new farmer to raise another one on that account, I can now cross power level my alts on either account.

Then rolled a tank and a scrapper and a def and they are now all grown up and twinked and used a lot for general game play.

During all this I finally got to grips with the market, again more new learning 🥴🤔 And another of my bucket list for game is complete with two 2 billion inf held alts.

So it feels to me like the same but different game and my burnouts are still infrequent and short.

So yes, go do something different but keep a light in the window here for when you return 👍

• Like 3

On 1/25/2022 at 12:45 AM, Myrmidon said:

I would very much Iike an elaboration on this.

Between Scrapper ATO enhancement sets, damage procs, Brutes' damage cap being nerfed in Issue 26, Page Four, and the Tanker buffs in Issue 26, Page Four, Brutes are now objectively the worst of the four melee ATs.  There's no room for them in endgame.  Scrappers and Stalkers do more damage, while Tankers are substantially more sturdy and do almost as damage, (and sometimes just as much or more damage thanks to a combination of damage procs and their wider radius AoE attacks).  You'll find Scrappers, Tankers, the occasional Stalker on non-PUG level 50 teams and leagues, but Brutes?  Once in a blue moon in my experience, except for the occasional farming Brute someone brings along to try to get Incarnate abilities more quickly.

In any case, not what this thread is about.  See numerous threads in the Brute and Tanker forums.

On 1/25/2022 at 7:17 AM, Snarky said:

Also...are you starting Gold then?  Because you are missing all (most) 1-20 Red Blue. Start Red/Blue.  Turn off Exp.  at 4-7-9-14-19 etc.  Do the contacts (switching alignments) Gold is FULLY avail in Ouro.  You did say ALL?  What did you mean by all?  Oh, nvm, just 50 what you want, Ouro a few things and say you did it "all"  GL

17 hours ago, MTeague said:

MTeague nailed it.  If you do Gold side story arcs via Ouroboros Flashback, you can't do any of the undercover options.  I'm a Loyalist at heart, I want to double cross the Resistance scum as often as I can. :classic_tongue:  The goal was/is to do all of Nova Praetoria, Imperial City, and Neutropolis.  Ding level 20, head on over to the Rogue Isles.  Use Ouroboros Flashback to do as much of level 1 through 20 red side that I can.  Then use Ouroboros Flashback to do as much of level 1 through 20 blue side that I can.  Then start doing absolutely all red and blue sides content from level 20 through 50.  I realize that I'll miss some level 1 through 20 red and blue side content as a result, but it'd all be filler, and for blue side not very good filler. :classic_tongue: 

20 hours ago, TheZag said:

Dont log in because you think you have to.  Sometimes i would be about to play some other game and logged in to CoH first to make sure i wasnt missing anything.  Then i stand around for 20 minutes to make sure i dont miss a friend logging on.  And in reality i just missed what i was going to do originally.

Ive worked on actually doing other stuff when i want to do other stuff and not logging in to stand around for 20 minutes.  Ive managed a playthrough of dark cloud 2 and i fired up rogue galaxy now on my PS2.

For sure take a break if you need a break.  If you just come for the mothership raid,  we will see you there.  If its an extended break then say wassup when you get back.  If its a permanent break then we had some good times and you would be missed.  But i would recommend trying some of the advice so far in this thread before making a permanent decision.

Oh, I'll definitely be back.  I intend on being there Fridays for the mothership raids, and for the trials on Saturdays.  The game is Hotel California for me.  I can take an occasional vacation, but in the end I can never truly leave.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Between Scrapper ATO enhancement sets, damage procs, Brutes' damage cap being nerfed in Issue 26, Page Four, and the Tanker buffs in Issue 26, Page Four, Brutes are now objectively the worst of the four melee ATs.  There's no room for them in endgame.  Scrappers and Stalkers do more damage, while Tankers are substantially more sturdy and do almost as damage, (and sometimes just as much or more damage thanks to a combination of damage procs and their wider radius AoE attacks).  You'll find Scrappers, Tankers, the occasional Stalker on non-PUG level 50 teams and leagues, but Brutes?  Once in a blue moon in my experience, except for the occasional farming Brute someone brings along to try to get Incarnate abilities more quickly.

In any case, not what this thread is about.  See numerous threads in the Brute and Tanker forums.

MTeague nailed it.  If you do Gold side story arcs via Ouroboros Flashback, you can't do any of the undercover options.  I'm a Loyalist at heart, I want to double cross the Resistance scum as often as I can. :classic_tongue:  The goal was/is to do all of Nova Praetoria, Imperial City, and Neutropolis.  Ding level 20, head on over to the Rogue Isles.  Use Ouroboros Flashback to do as much of level 1 through 20 red side that I can.  Then use Ouroboros Flashback to do as much of level 1 through 20 blue side that I can.  Then start doing absolutely all red and blue sides content from level 20 through 50.  I realize that I'll miss some level 1 through 20 red and blue side content as a result, but it'd all be filler, and for blue side not very good filler. :classic_tongue: 

Oh, I'll definitely be back.  I intend on being there Fridays for the mothership raids, and for the trials on Saturdays.  The game is Hotel California for me.  I can take an occasional vacation, but in the end I can never truly leave.

All of Blue side (well 90%) is filler.  Still doing multiple “kill 45” per contact in 40-44 and you have to cleanse an area to get any to spawn (malta and carnies in PI).  I freaking hate Blue now more than when I started. 

I do wish you good luck in this.  I love Redside but to me the Blueside half of the journey was almost a burn out.  I hope you find what interests you more than achieve X goal. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Jacktar said:

Hi, just back from a short break, got the 100% complete on Tomb Raider the Shadow, nice to see some fantastic graphics and wonderful climbing/jumping controls using controller. Took my time and felt a lot more eager to come back to Heroes.

My journey with the game might be a bit different from others, was already aged when I started and this was my very first non solo game. Real scary at first but got sucked in fast.

I spent a lot of the live years running solo except when badges required teaming, and never joined an SG and never had a twinked out alt. I never had nearly enough inf to do that or the knowledge of sets. Only used the market rarely and then mostly for selling. All my alts were slotted with crafted IO’s.

So when we got the game back it was joyous to discover the changes the HC guys had made that finally allowed me to discover all the stuff I could now do.

I now have a solo SG all fitted out, it was brilliant learning how to construct a base.

I looked at the Farmers and though I can do that, so rolled a spines/fire brute and self levelled it using the guide and as I did I started to learn about sets that are now affordable and not a distant dream. Got it to 50 and all super twinked out with sets and procs. 

I rolled a second account and used my new farmer to raise another one on that account, I can now cross power level my alts on either account.

Then rolled a tank and a scrapper and a def and they are now all grown up and twinked and used a lot for general game play.

During all this I finally got to grips with the market, again more new learning 🥴🤔 And another of my bucket list for game is complete with two 2 billion inf held alts.

So it feels to me like the same but different game and my burnouts are still infrequent and short.

So yes, go do something different but keep a light in the window here for when you return 👍

Side note! I started playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider back when it was first released, but there were so many bugs and technical issues that at one point the game save corrupted itself mid-play through and I couldn't reload it (I too was in the 90% range for completion!!) so I haven't returned to it since then. I even purchased the season pass/DLC thing. I really enjoyed the atmosphere/environment and I love Tomb Raider games, but I can't stand paying $60 for a broken game that gets fixed/is playable two years after release.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Since this is such an old game, and the AI is rather primitive and (to those of us who have played a whole bunch) highly predictable I just have learned to accept phases of "burnout" as part of the experience.  I suffered from it on Live also.  Sometimes, after 'perfecting' a build/character and the Devs would spring another Regen nerf, or ED or Global Defense Nerf, I'd get frustrated at having to RELEARN how to optimize my builds again.  For awhile, after the IO system launched, I was really pissed grinding for salvage and recipe drops had come to this game.  At one point I had 3 paid subs and I'd let two lapse while keeping one active, then come blazing back for three subs again to multibox.  

Truthfully, I thought I would burn out on Homecoming pretty fast but I'm still here a couple years after it launched.  I find I play far fewer hours on this game than others.  VR gets a lot of my time these days (Beat Saber addict) as does modern FPS games like Tarkov, or even replaying Assassin's Creed or Witcher on the PC.  I travel a bunch for work and have a really good gaming laptop with an ultrafast/small external SSD for having many games ready to play when I've downtime in a hotel room for weeks at a time.  But just like my CS:GO or Day of Defeat clans who I've been playing with for over 20 years, I've reconnected with some old buds from Live days.  They really are more why I keep playing than the game itself.  

Occasionally, I'll get a bee in my bonnet for an alt that I've been inspired to build, often from a costume I've seen on TV or Film.  So I'll jump on, make a costume, make the toon and then just park it in my "library" until I get around to AFK powerfarming it up to the upper level 20's or even lvl 32....only takes an hour or so to do that.  Then it will sit there unleveled and unslotted until I decide to go back in and get it ready for play.  Many I delete.  Some I keep.  Very few I take to 50.  Fewer still I T4 Incarnate.  But I guess I have about 45 T4'd 50's and I still have maybe another 40 I can see playing to that level.  Same content, obviously, but the play experience is different given the diversity of powersets and build options.

My advice for burnout, having been there, is just accept it as a cycle.  You no longer have paid subs so it's fine if you walk away for a week or a month.  Just check in now and then, or just play the "forum games" of theorycrafting builds and/or looking for people who are wrong on the internet about the value of....well....Burnout.  Which we all know is secretly the most powerful pool power in the game!

I play another game, something not an MMO.

Recently gone back to Tomb Raider ..I suck...but it is different.

OR

I find another aspect of the game.

I will fiddle with elements in my base.

Badges ... so many to choose from. So many to work on.

Sometimes I just find a place and sit ...we forget sometimes how beautiful our City(s) are

and also read chat ...we are pretty cool people.

• Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone